Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2015, 04:19 PM

27,534 posts, read 15,994,118 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjski View Post
Don't know, don't care...Hey! I know, maybe look in the same place that the Bush administration finally found the documents concerning Pat Tilman's death...you know, an actual administration cover up.
You care about Pat Tilmans death and the previous administrations role? start a thread about it or revisit an old one. It's irrelevant to this topic... Saying you dont care why the current administration has not handed over documents related to this incident says a lot about you... very sad. We need less partisan bs amongst our people. Why dont you take a step in the right direction and call them all out. It's called independent thought.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2015, 04:41 PM

37,761 posts, read 40,866,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
So do you believe that they were purposely sent on an erroneous mission so they can be killed?

I don't buy that...
There are only 2 choices regarding failure to produce the responses to FOIA requests.

1. The government is totally incompetent, inefficient and ineffective. It doesn't take an average business months or years to produce 50 documents. To meet deadlines you put the number of people on the task to meet the deadline.

2. They're hiding something.

Old 08-06-2015, 04:43 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,472,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
There are only 2 choices regarding failure to produce the responses to FOIA requests.

1. The government is totally incompetent, inefficient and ineffective. It doesn't take an average business months or years to produce 50 documents. To meet deadlines you put the number of people on the task to meet the deadline.

Or:

3. All of the above.

Old 08-06-2015, 06:38 PM
Status: "On the road with Kid Charlamagne" (set 9 days ago)

8,018 posts, read 5,812,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Or:

3. All of the above.

It's definitely all of the above. The Obama administration is incompetent, inefficient, and is desperate to hide the truth.

Old 08-06-2015, 06:53 PM

3,557 posts, read 4,084,004 times
What exactly does the OP suggest is the "real story"?

Old 08-06-2015, 11:54 PM

26,926 posts, read 15,141,498 times
The Administration not following the Court's directive is a big part of the story as well as the documents themselves.

No concern about that?

Old 08-07-2015, 07:39 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,778,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
justice dept lawyers have told the judge that the process of locating relevant documents and removing classified information takes time.. In other words they havent turned over the documents yet. They've only had 6 months... do you believe their excuse?
Yes, I believe their excuse. Do I wish they would speed up the process? Absolutely. But locating relevant documents, and then having lawyers review them, redacting information, having lawyers go over them again, does take time. If they had more staff, they could probably get it done more quickly, but the thing is, the Obama administration is short-staffed in many departments, in part because Congress has dragged its feet in approving appointments.

Old 08-07-2015, 09:22 AM

56,979 posts, read 25,943,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post

We are still fighting the Taliban could be another reason.

What do you expect to come out of this.

Maybe they should have a congresssional hearing, Benghazi went on for 4 years and this resulted in a greater loss of life. Why hasn't someone grabbed hold of this.

Old 08-07-2015, 09:45 AM

8,610 posts, read 7,860,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericnGrl View Post
I guess you must have forgotten - those are just "silly trumped-up scandals" or else "coz dey don't wike me coz I bwwwaaack". THE MEDIA needs to treat Obama the same as they treat everyone else. Herman Cain I recall they turned the screws on him every half-hour a new announcement about the latest UNPROVEN ALLEGATION until he dropped out. They've never done that with Obama, whatever he says - whatever needs covering up that's where the mainstream is. WRONG. Nobody's asking him why the investigation into Benghazi that he so firmly told us was "going to get to the bottom" of that went nowhere. No one asked him about what happened to posting on CSpan before signing something. That's a joke not only is it not posted on CSpan, he doesn't even go thru the system just uses his PEN AND HIS PHONE and does as he pleases.

There are a million questions that have never been asked and properly answered. He just says "I'm not going to address something we've been there". NIXON was forced to resign over a break-in while the body count is piling up on Obama, Egypt sued Obama for war crimes and for funding HAMAS, lips are zipped and his records are still sealed. WHY? a garbageman has to present more paperwork than the guy with the drones and armies at his disposal. And I wanna know why the wealth he's redistributing doesn't seem to be restricting his cash flow or his vacations. Why does he say private schools are divisive and need to be done away with while sending his 2 daughters to one? SO MANY QUESTIONS that should be asked and answered.

Why did Obama ridicule that reporter a few weeks ago for doing his job? I thought he was Mr. Transparency and you can't be that if you are shaming people for asking questions you don't want to answer.

Why does Obama have Al Sharpton whose entire history is one of race-baiting and illegal activities as his advisor on race relations. What do you suppose would have been the reaction if Bush had appointed David Duke as race relalltions advisor. ONE SET OF RULES - NOT a get out of jail free card for Obama.

Have you ever seen the tuition rates for Sidwell Friends School? Talk about hypocrisy.

Sidwell

Old 08-08-2015, 02:24 AM

226 posts, read 266,443 times
Because he's a liar and a crook in charge so he uses other agencies of the government to harass anyone else who crosses him by writing a book or speaking out while he bogs down investigations that would end in him being behind bars if the system were to work properly he has committed multiple acts of treason and he has control and so like any good banana republic dictator/oligarch its his sandbox and he sets the rules. Don't like it - watch out for drones.

For any liberal out there thinking you will intimidate me into withdrawing my opinion by calling me a racist you're wasting your time. Calling me a racist actually - I like that - it means I've stepped on a nerve and since you lack anything of substance to debate me with you just scream racist like a spoiled rotten child who wants to bully is playmates into submission. Won't work on me
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies