Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-11-2015, 07:33 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,925,505 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaughingAtU2 View Post
The reality is that most mixed black people look more black than anything so of course they will identify as black. I have never seen a black mixed person without black people hair unless they use chemicals to straighten it. They will always be black whether they like it or not.

Old 08-11-2015, 07:34 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,610,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
All I can say it would have been dangerous to have been an interracial couple in those days. Today it is much better.

The point I wanted to make is this. Being treated as an individual is something desired.
Forty years ago I was beat up for being in an interracial relationship. We couldn't walk the length of a block without people yelling out their car windows, bumping into us as they walked by and calling us both names. And that was in the more liberal neighborhoods.

Old 08-11-2015, 07:35 PM

Quote:
I guarantee your kids look more black than white. Sure their DNA is mixed but white genes are recessive and black genes are dominant and that is what most people see with black mixed people at first glance.
Oh please. Yes, please. Please provide a logical source for this misinformation.

Old 08-11-2015, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TristramShandy View Post
Genetics are going to play a role and many African-American genes are dominant over white genes (or forms of white genes). If mom or dad doesn't have the chromosome for blue eyes or red hair, for example, that's not getting passed along. So I'd think it would depend on what the white parent is bringing to the table for genetics. Also, if the other partner is of mixed ethnicity him or herself, there could be surprises, say, a mixed ethnicity man who has a blue eyed child could only do so if that gene was passed to him through his mother or father, and it was blocked by the dominant gene by the other parent.

All children are fascinating when it comes to how the parents' genetics are passed along; that's only more so true when you have large differences in race and/or ethnicity.
I'll just let this picture speak for itself:
Attached Thumbnails
A black guy message to the racist fathers of the women he dates.-lilianne-mardi-gras-beads-1.jpg  

Old 08-11-2015, 07:38 PM

2,248 posts, read 2,349,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
No one is referring to white owning white or black owning black. The reference was to black men who are scraping and bowing and literally begging for white people to accept them and their relationships with their white female relatives.

And yes, a LOT of black men hate white men but love white women. Now that is what does not make sense.
"They want everything that white men have including their women even to the point of degrading themselves. I have never understood how/why black men hate white men so much yet LOVE their women."

Umm, what?

Who's begging and scraping for acceptance? Sounds and appears like an individual BM got fed up about the attitudes of his dates fathers and did a poetry slam on it.

Are there BM who hate WM, but date WW? Sure there are, and the opposite's true for EVERY race. Why should a man care about other men if he's interested in "their" women anyway?

Old 08-11-2015, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I'll just let this picture speak for itself:
She's actually darker than a friend of mine who has a black father and white mother. My friend is lighter than I am.

9,189 posts, read 7,600,003 times
Quote:
Dominicans are mulatto. Do they not look black to you. They sure as heck don't look white lol.
Oh well sorry. I thought you were talking about ALL black/white kids. You didn't mention Dominicans. That's not my expertise.

Quote:
Whites lose in this interracial dating thing. You can share all you wonderful stories but the fact is that mixed black kids look more black than white. There are exceptions but those are just that exceptions. And please don't mention marriage and black men in the same sentence. Most black mixed babies are born out of wedlock and that is another reason patents don't like their daughters dating the brothers.
Yeah, right.
Attached Thumbnails
A black guy message to the racist fathers of the women he dates.-maggie-blonde-curls.jpg  

Old 08-11-2015, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Of course you are a defender of mixing with black men. You popped out 4 Dominican looking kids based on your posts.
What the HELL is wrong with you? That's a beautiful little girl that few would guess the background of.

So ignorant.

Old 08-11-2015, 07:42 PM

2,248 posts, read 2,349,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
What the HELL is wrong with you? That's a beautiful little girl that few would guess the background of.

So ignorant.
There's so much insecurity on these boards, lol. It's eating them alive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies