Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2015, 01:50 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,542,421 times

Advertisements

has anyone located the mysterious 'murder plot' yet?

the OP ran off, maybe he's lookin' for it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2015, 02:10 PM

13,898 posts, read 6,442,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post

Another poster here thinks that just because they had tennis ball bombs that means they were planning on murdering people.

Old 08-07-2015, 02:17 PM

1,194 posts, read 1,100,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post

After carefully rereading the posted news article, I fail to find any solid ground upon which to postulate that -- from the little evidence we readers were provided -- to call this an actual "murder plot". Motive? Psychotic, but Yes. Method? Kinda-sorta even though they were more likely to blow themselves up before they got further along. Stated plans to kill anyone? We don't have that evidence.

There may indeed be such evidence, but we do not have it in hand before us. Such evidence will however come out in court.

I would have titled this thread "Anti-Jade Helm Cretins Build Clumsy Anti-Personnel IEDs, Stockpile Arms, Arrested on Straw Purchase and Illegal Explosives Charges"

Old 08-07-2015, 02:28 PM

1,194 posts, read 1,100,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
Another poster here thinks that just because they had tennis ball bombs that means they were planning on murdering people.
That would be me.

And yes, I do personally "think" they were planning on murdering people.

But me "thinking" something -- without hard evidence to back it up -- does not make it right for me to state it in print as a fact.

That evidence -- or lack thereof -- would come out in legal documents, and not from my own mind.

"Could" I be wrong? Absolutely! Maybe they were stockpiling homemade bombs to defend themselves against Martians, with no intent to harm people.

That's why neither law enforcement or journalists have accused them of plotting "murder"...

...Yet.

Old 08-07-2015, 03:26 PM

4,395 posts, read 4,910,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodmockingbird View Post
That would be me.

And yes, I do personally "think" they were planning on murdering people.

But me "thinking" something -- without hard evidence to back it up -- does not make it right for me to state it in print as a fact.

That evidence -- or lack thereof -- would come out in legal documents, and not from my own mind.

"Could" I be wrong? Absolutely! Maybe they were stockpiling homemade bombs to defend themselves against Martians, with no intent to harm people.

That's why neither law enforcement or journalists have accused them of plotting "murder"...

...Yet.
Little green lives matter.

Old 08-07-2015, 03:38 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,786,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
We`ve been here before.
Lots of smoke but no fire.
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/28/us...tion.html?_r=0

The PC thought police desperately need white Christian terrorists and will indict anyone anywhere on the flimsiest of evidence to prove they really do exist.
Even the FBI claims there are less than 5000 white supremacists in the entire country. If anything the Hells Angels, Vagabonds, and other violent MC gangs pose the bigger threat.

White supremacy groups have been all but dead for more than two decades, with the leaders either in prison or dead.

I think blind melon expected more outrage and not all of these common sense responses.

Old 08-07-2015, 03:54 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih2puo View Post
This thread should be renamed right wing extremists caught preparing for what the 2nd amendment was formed for.
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Please. This is not why the 2nd amendment was formed. What nonsense.

Now could it be eventually? Sure. But we arent there yet with the exception of some whackadoodles.

Americans exercising their rights as stated in the Bill of Rights.

Pretty much exactly what the 2nd amendment was intended for.....
The right of the people to( KEEP & BEAR ARMS. )

Old 08-07-2015, 04:01 PM

59,029 posts, read 27,290,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blind melon View Post
Anti-'Jade Helm 15' nuts arrested in North Carolina after hoarding weapons and making bombs

I wonder if Fox news or the rest of the right will call them terrorists or simply misguided patriots
"hree men were arrested in Gaston County, North Carolina after allegedly amassing an arsenal and making their own bombs out of fear that the government was about to enact martial law, the Asheville Citizen Times reported. Federal investigators said two of the suspects, 50-year-old Walter Eugene Litteral and 30-year-old Christopher Todd Campbell, voiced their skepticism regarding the Operation Jade Helm military training exercises, which conspiracy theorists believe is the prelude to a military takeover.'

So, what laws did they break?

Old 08-07-2015, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Please. This is not why the 2nd amendment was formed. What nonsense.

Now could it be eventually? Sure. But we arent there yet with the exception of some whackadoodles.
" This is not why the 2nd amendment was formed. What nonsense."

OK, oh intelligent one. WHAT WAS the 2nd Amendment formed for.

Old 08-07-2015, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
Never trust the words of a right-winger on this website:

https://m.fbi.gov/#https://www.fbi.g...-united-states
"Never trust the words of a right-winger on this website:"

Never trust the words of a left -winger on this website: I fixed it for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies