Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2015, 01:06 PM

8,070 posts, read 6,947,926 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
Depends on what you mean by "lifetimes"? For most posters on C-D Politics, no it won't happen in their lifetimes.

Remember, Mr. Trump said there won't be another black President for a long time - I don't know why Ben Carson has not dropped out yet. Mr. Trump's insight would hopefully dissuade the likes of Alan West from running for President.

Mick
LOL I was thinking that since last night the moderators were grilling Donald Trump they should have ask him:

"Do you think Carson has zero chance of winning the primary because he is black?" Maybe they are saving that one for the next debate.

Now if Carson won he would be actually the first black president. American idiots of all races forget Obama is half white.

Old 08-07-2015, 01:09 PM

52,553 posts, read 34,276,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
So he/she'd be different than past white Republican presidents, like it wouldn't be 'you're either with us or against us' anymore?
uh, that was Hillary. she's never been a white republican president.

Quote:
"Every nation has to either be with us, or against us."
-hildawg clinton

Old 08-07-2015, 01:16 PM

9,569 posts, read 5,595,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
Spot on, and something the "progressives" just can't get through their thick skulls. It's amazing they still think a no talent community organizer was competent to be president, even after 6 years of on the job training he still isn't competent.
Do you need a hankie? Apparently no GOP candidate could defeat Obama in 2008 & 2012. I guess Conservatives couldn't get it through their thick skulls too and unable to defeat a no talent community organizer

Old 08-07-2015, 01:18 PM

16,214 posts, read 11,292,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
If you support policies that enrich the richest Americans at the expense of everyone else, you're a jerk IMO. Also, if you're pro unnecessary wars, you're a jerk. Anti science? Jerk. Religious bigot? Yep, you guessed it - jerk.
"The jackals bray; but the caravan moves on." (Anonymous)

The management of the wealth of the nation, as opposed to the conduct of the wealthy, had little to do with the problem. The collection of Chicago gangsters and elitist bi-coastal snobs that put "Barry-O and the WonderPets" into power have turned the nation into an economic basket case mostly interested in pandering to cultural misfits and losers.

If the entire system collapsed again, there are plenty of people out there who know how to restart things. But they probably will keep it on a small scale, because they would immediately become a target for those who think they have a better way -- if they're only given more power.

We may have to choose between continued stagnation -- or continued betrayal and abandonment of the principles that served us well, until recently. And that is the most disturbing thought of them all.

Old 08-07-2015, 01:22 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,750,280 times
Quote:
At those who don't like Obama because of his politics - I get it. That doesn't make you a racist. It just makes you a jerk.
i dont like obamas politics, i didnt like carters politics, i didnt like most of clintons politics, that does not make me a jerk, or a racist, it makes me a conservative.

now i cannot say whether or not i like these people though, since i have never met them. who knows perhaps the four of us could be good drinking buddies if we were to meet in real life.

Old 08-07-2015, 01:29 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,871,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
When I have the right to disagree with a black president then I'll have a listen.
When did they pass laws making it illegal to hate someone for who they are and what they stand for rather what they are?

Old 08-07-2015, 01:35 PM

20,421 posts, read 12,341,203 times
so the working theory of this thread is America is racist because it elected a black man twice but wont (in the future that has not happened) because America is racist...

(yea, I said that twice...)

my IQ just got lower.... check that.... WE ALL just got dumber.

Old 08-07-2015, 01:36 PM

2,014 posts, read 1,525,745 times
Quote:
At those who don't like Obama because of his politics - I get it. That doesn't make you a racist. It just makes you a jerk.
So the whole non-Marxist, non-race baiting, non American hating world is composed of jerks? What a twisted little damp squib you are.

Old 08-07-2015, 01:39 PM

2,014 posts, read 1,525,745 times
Quote:
If you support policies that enrich the richest Americans at the expense of everyone else, you're a jerk IMO. Also, if you're pro unnecessary wars, you're a jerk. Anti science? Jerk. Religious bigot? Yep, you guessed it - jerk.
Every day you get to look in the mirror and learn all about jerks. Must give you a warm fuzzy feeling.

Old 08-07-2015, 01:42 PM

4,099 posts, read 4,132,871 times
Quote:
So we've had a black president - a two-termer in fact. When will it happen again? My guess is that it won't happen again in our lifetimes. Why? Because America is still racist. What's your prediction?
American is more racist when the politician name "Barack Obama" becomes president. Since my 30 years in the US, I have seen more racism here in the 5 to 8 years than my first 20 here.

If you want less racism, listen to Morgan Freeman. Don't worry, Freeman is black.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.