Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2015, 10:37 PM

79,914 posts, read 44,174,531 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by smart-dumb-kid View Post
Yet you have no problems deciding that a mother doesn't know what best for her child.
I can't really address a vast generalization like that.

Quote:
I say leave it as is. The mother is the one who have to live with the consequences, and have a better understanding of the conditions the child would be born into. If she doesn't want to chance her child with the world (and who can blame her really) then she shouldn't have to.
That might be what Susan Smith thought.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2015, 10:45 PM

32,062 posts, read 15,046,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I'm not capable of determine for others what constitutes a mediocre life.

I certainly don't want to kill over what I see as a life not as on par with mine.

Seems kinda wrong to me.
Contrary to believe, pro choice doesn't mean automatic abortion. It means let a woman decide what is right for her. Does she have to go on welfare because she can't afford to raise a baby on her own.

Old 08-07-2015, 10:46 PM

148 posts, read 131,944 times
Quote:
I can't really address a vast generalization like that.
Generalisations? Like what? Neonatal tanatus is fatal. Their lives are mediocre because they live in complete agony untill they die. Down syndrome.. we already know the case. Who wants to adopt a walking case of health problems when a healthy child right next to them? Some kids are born addicts, and other have to fight for their lives since day one. If you want to argue these kids will enjoy their lives, then your on the losing side. Even for the normal kids, foster care isn't a walk in the park. It isn't a pleasant place to be. The data shows this, at least.

Quote:
That might be what Susan Smith thought.

Ft. Bend couple says daughter in foster care was raped by multiple men - Houston Chronicle

Everything in life has it hangups. At least with abortion, there won't be a chance for susan smith or the above to happen, at all. I don't want to take that chance. Do you?

Old 08-07-2015, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Contrary to believe, pro choice doesn't mean automatic abortion. It means let a woman decide what is right for her. Does she have to go on welfare because she can't afford to raise a baby on her own.
I have no problem with providing public assistance programs. I don't see the problem here.

Old 08-07-2015, 10:51 PM

Quote:
I have no problem with providing public assistance programs. I don't see the problem here.
So you are ok with women having baby after baby and not working. The problem is....we pay for it and I'm tired of paying for it.

Old 08-07-2015, 10:55 PM

Quote:
So you are ok with women having baby after baby and not working. The problem is....we pay for it and I'm tired of paying for it.
So kill them? They have baby after baby because of the way we do welfare. As I said I support public assistance but it most certainly needs overhauled.

I would support counciling in things like getting a tubalization at some point and paying for it over more killing.

Old 08-07-2015, 11:00 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,010,807 times
Quote:
So kill them? They have baby after baby because of the way we do welfare. As I said I support public assistance but it most certainly needs overhauled.

I would support counciling in things like getting a tubalization at some point and paying for it over more killing.
believe it or not, tubal ligation is difficult to get if you are under 35 and have no kids. doctors won't do it for fear these women will change their minds later in life. extremely difficult to find one that will for the childless young woman

the other problem with tubals are for the women that do want kids in the future, she has one or two maybe she doesn't want or need another anytime soon, however there might be a change of heart later on in life when she is better able to care for another child.

Old 08-07-2015, 11:08 PM

Quote:

No, I said if women have babies they can't afford then they will go on welfare. And how about men getting vasectomies. Why is it always up to us to be responsible and make men look good.

Old 08-07-2015, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
believe it or not, tubal ligation is difficult to get if you are under 35 and have no kids.

That isn't who we were discussing was it?

Look, if you don't want to quit changing the subject and actually read and discuss what is being said, don't bother.

Old 08-07-2015, 11:12 PM

Quote:
No, I said if women have babies they can't afford then they will go on welfare. And how about men getting vasectomies. Why is it always up to us to be responsible and make men look good.
let them get one. I acknowledged some women will go on welfare and I said I support public assistant programs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies