Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2015, 01:36 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,166,535 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
No riots yet in Arlington?

Nope.
As you posted earlier, its been 104 degrees the last few days. Nothing like a little air conditioning to quell a good riot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2015, 01:42 PM
mm4

5,711 posts, read 3,977,043 times
Half a year ago, here's a white male who--for doing nothing other than getting out of a car and running around--was hogtied and laid belly down on a stretcher.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_1AXTikqPM

For those readers who are less than attuned to the physiology of breathing, guess what happened in the next few minutes.

Any continuing public controversy about this?

Old 08-09-2015, 01:42 PM

27,130 posts, read 15,305,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Of course they all go back to the police statement. That beats the heck out of armchair conjecture.

There will be an investigation and an autopsy. Meanwhile, what we do know is that the young man was being violent and acting bizarrely, and was in the midst of committing a felony when he was confronted by police officers. Sounds like risky behavior to me.

Yes, the below should read "Burglar killed by Police" instead of;

Unarmed Angelo State Football Player Killed in Struggle With Police

Old 08-09-2015, 07:22 PM

1,301 posts, read 2,109,930 times
How long until we see this guy's kindergarten pictures all over the news every hour?

I'm sure we'll be reminded non stop of what an amazing human being he was.

Old 08-09-2015, 07:32 PM

5,717 posts, read 3,145,026 times
Looks like the "good kid" stories are starting to come out.

Dealership video shows Christian Taylor before officer shot him - CNN.com

Quote:
Christian Taylor had "no real problems," his father said. He said he often gave a helping hand to the homeless.

"A good dude, man," the father told the station. "We'd be going over here to church and he'd pull over and give a homeless guy money, shoes if he needed and he'd have to go back home and get some more shoes because he gave his away. He was like that."
Oh boy. There's just no end to the BS that comes out of these thugs' parents.

Of course the same news site shows the "student" standing on the hood of a car trying to kick the windshield out.

Old 08-09-2015, 07:37 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,477,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrench409 View Post
I can hear the Sharpton speech now.....

He was shot while shopping for a new car....his old car had been wrecked. A fine upstanding college student shouldn't die for just shopping for a car.

No...he was on the way to college and decided to stop by and look at his dream car on the way. But he was on the way to college...

Old 08-09-2015, 07:39 PM

5,717 posts, read 3,145,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by achickenchaser View Post
How long until we see this guy's kindergarten pictures all over the news every hour?

I'm sure we'll be reminded non stop of what an amazing human being he was.
Here's the usual graduation photo. I'm sure they're frantically searching for the kindergarten photos now. Or maybe that was his kindergarten graduation photo.

Old 08-09-2015, 08:23 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,898,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truly Missouri View Post
A lot of "kids" have grown men bodies. Ever watch the NBA?
This shot dude was 18 or older, a "man" under the law. Treyvon Martin was a juvie, Michael Brown was also an adult.

Old 08-09-2015, 08:26 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,898,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaConservative View Post
African Americans more than other races for whatever reason engage in several types of irrational behavior.

Here in Cedar Rapids, there is a part of town where it is mostly African American and low income, one thing I notice is the amount of people that just walk in the middle of the street, I don't think a person could be that stupid not to know that walking in the middle of street is dangerous.

Another type of behavior I have seen in the same area is people who just cross in front of traffic and refuse to use the crosswalk. Really hard to understand.
I don't think it's a "race" thing because Black women as a group def act smarter. It's like many young Black dudes have something to prove, and NOT just against "society" or even white people.

Old 08-09-2015, 08:38 PM
miu

17,766 posts, read 40,158,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaConservative View Post
African Americans more than other races for whatever reason engage in several types of irrational behavior.

Here in Cedar Rapids, there is a part of town where it is mostly African American and low income, one thing I notice is the amount of people that just walk in the middle of the street, I don't think a person could be that stupid not to know that walking in the middle of street is dangerous.

Another type of behavior I have seen in the same area is people who just cross in front of traffic and refuse to use the crosswalk. Really hard to understand.
It's not being irrational, it's territorial thing and a control issue. All of my friends and I have witnessed the same type of thing, a black person crossing the street, not in a crosswalk, not looking at the cars and walking super slowly. And many times, the men are wearing their jeans hung low so that they keep having to pull them up as they are walking. I think them real @ssholes for what they do.

They don't own a car, so they are making the drivers suffer. And maybe they want to be hit so that they can file a frivolous lawsuit for a pile of money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies