Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2015, 10:52 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,279,947 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsRock View Post
.... and delivering the baby is not fatal to the mother so that debunks the "health" issue.
Tell that the women who die in childbirth genius.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2015, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskyMama View Post
I believe most state constitutions are like the US, in that the legislative branch passes a budget for the Governor to sign. Doubt it's executive orders.

Personally, I'm tired of the erroneous assumption that if you want PP defunded by the Feds that you are anti-BC and anti-abortion.

As noted, states and local communities can decide for themselves what kind of reproductive services should be provided at no cost to the poor, and how that should be funded.

Also as noted, there are BC providers other than PP.

I applaud the idea of a private non-profit stepping in to help women for whom BC and other reproductive health services are otherwise not available or are too costly. That aspect of PP's mission I heartily support. But like other charities, it should be privately funded, IMHO. (I say this as one who has donated to PP in the past).

If roughly half the population supports abortion, I would imagine if PP were defunded, they would receive voluntary contributions from those who support them.

But if in principle you believe there is no Constitutional basis for subsidizing contraceptive services nationwide, along with many other issues better left to local control, it doesn't make you a religious zealot.
You can in principle believe it, but it doesn't make it so. I also dare say that the majority of people supporting the defunding are not irreligious and worried about the Constitution.

Old 08-10-2015, 11:12 AM

624 posts, read 379,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~HecateWhisperCat~ View Post
Hate to break it to you champ but you don't get to cherry pick what your taxes pay for.
Actually, we kind of do through our representatives. That's why arguments are made.

This thread is about why or why not PP should be defunded. That's the whole purpose of the thread.

Do you think you're offering some sort of amazing insight?

Old 08-10-2015, 11:14 AM

Quote:
You can in principle believe it, but it doesn't make it so. I also dare say that the majority of people supporting the defunding are not irreligious and worried about the Constitution.
So your argument is that you must know everyone's personal motives, so the arguments should be ignored even if they are Constitutionally sound?

Old 08-10-2015, 01:52 PM

2,469 posts, read 3,131,507 times
Quote:
Tell that the women who die in childbirth genius.

Do you know the statistics of women who abort due to health complications?
About 3%.
And how many of those are fatally at risk is probably a percent of a percent - very rare with current medical technology.

93% of abortions are given the unethical excuse of a careless murderer, that the life within them was "inconvenient."
Their convenience is deemed more important than the LIFE of a child (developing human being).
How selfish women who would kill their own children are!
And how selfish men and other women are who encourage it.

By 8 weeks gestation, all body systems of a child are developed.
So by the time, many abortion murders are carried out, the child can feel his or her body being ripped apart, limb by limb.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kq27UYHdxn8
Those who say they are Pro-choice - are only for their own life - their own choice to live, while they hypocritically deny that choice of LIFE, to those who are most vulnerable and have NO self-defense.

What sick people - to kill children!
Evil is not imperfection - but evil is the attempt to make another pay - to shift blame.
I can't think of anything more evil than the systematic genocide of children and lame excuses attempting to justify such killings.

RE: OP
Planned Parenthood should be held on trial for these genocides.
Those rare exceptions of abortion with medical reasons, should require a doctor's prescription as the way to save at least 1 life, rather than lose 2.
All other abortions that are performed, should be brought to court for murder - because that is what it is.
SHOULD... ideally - but we live with a government that is very corrupt - and are selling human bodies that they kill in the masses - whether they call it "transportation fees" or whatever other distorted attempt to cloud what they are actually doing.

One other note... there are often many involved in horrific crimes - and abortion is no exception.
Media obsesses over sex - and I believe is partly responsible for many unplanned pregnancies, STDs, and AIDs.
Media should be required by law to have a disclaimer (like cigarettes had to by the surgeon general) - of risks involved.
Any movies or TV scenes about sex, should BY LAW involve a clear use of birth control of some kind.

Old 08-10-2015, 02:08 PM

2,469 posts, read 3,131,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SyraBrian View Post
If we defund Planned Parenthood, we should defund Israel. Isreal has extremely liberal abortion laws.
I would never suggest anyone do as Hitler, yet many Jews are supporting Hitler-like actions on our government, specifically on children.
They have bullied their way into government, overturning the will of the people, to support laws based on cognitive distortion and even mental illness (statistically).
Jews support minorities - or supressed groups - even to the killing, or unconstitutional behavior - so they can supress any opposition- thereby making them more powerful...
So, they support those who've developed homosexual disorders, women who want to kill their babies, and it seems that other minority groups simply represent others they can dominate, but in the name of "liberating" them. Then, they focus on their victimization of the Holocaust, (so nobody questions them) while they lead their own holocaust, and deny their hypocrisy.

How Jewish Supremacism Is Destroying America
http://www.rense.com/general81/how.htm

Obviously, not all Jews - and likely more in name more than belief - as an exclusive club that is intent on becoming powerful by destroying others by it's own exclusive ideologies.

Last edited by SuperSoul; 08-10-2015 at 02:17 PM..

Old 08-10-2015, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winning Guy View Post
Actually, we kind of do through our representatives. That's why arguments are made.

This thread is about why or why not PP should be defunded. That's the whole purpose of the thread.

Do you think you're offering some sort of amazing insight?
Yes, but once it is done you don't get that choice anymore. There are things I might not like that you wanted paid for and vice versa. That's how things work. You don't get everything your way.

Old 08-10-2015, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winning Guy View Post
So your argument is that you must know everyone's personal motives, so the arguments should be ignored even if they are Constitutionally sound?
I'm been around enough anti abortion activists to know that nearly all of them are motivated by religious views. There are some that aren't, but they are the extreme minority.

Old 08-10-2015, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSoul View Post
Do you know the statistics of women who abort due to health complications?
About 3%.
And how many of those are fatally at risk is probably a percent of a percent - very rare with current medical technology.

93% of abortions are given the unethical excuse of a careless murderer, that the life within them was "inconvenient."
Their convenience is deemed more important than the LIFE of a child (developing human being).
How selfish women who would kill their own children are!
And how selfish men and other women are who encourage it.

By 8 weeks gestation, all body systems of a child are developed.
So by the time, many abortion murders are carried out, the child can feel his or her body being ripped apart, limb by limb.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kq27UYHdxn8
Those who say they are Pro-choice - are only for their own life - their own choice to live, while they hypocritically deny that choice of LIFE, to those who are most vulnerable and have NO self-defense.

What sick people - to kill children!
Evil is not imperfection - but evil is the attempt to make another pay - to shift blame.
I can't think of anything more evil than the systematic genocide of children and lame excuses attempting to justify such killings.

RE: OP
Planned Parenthood should be held on trial for these genocides.
Those rare exceptions of abortion with medical reasons, should require a doctor's prescription as the way to save at least 1 life, rather than lose 2.
All other abortions that are performed, should be brought to court for murder - because that is what it is.
SHOULD... ideally - but we live with a government that is very corrupt - and are selling human bodies that they kill in the masses - whether they call it "transportation fees" or whatever other distorted attempt to cloud what they are actually doing.

One other note... there are often many involved in horrific crimes - and abortion is no exception.
Media obsesses over sex - and I believe is partly responsible for many unplanned pregnancies, STDs, and AIDs.
Media should be required by law to have a disclaimer (like cigarettes had to by the surgeon general) - of risks involved.
Any movies or TV scenes about sex, should BY LAW involve a clear use of birth control of some kind.

Did I say that it was a large amount? You just wasted an entire post over an assumption. The fact that women die from childbirth or have complications does make it a dangerous thing.

Old 08-10-2015, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Yes, but once it is done you don't get that choice anymore. There are things I might not like that you wanted paid for and vice versa. That's how things work. You don't get everything your way.

Yes you do continue to have choices every election.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies