Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2015, 11:58 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,628,539 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
The m16/ar's of old are nothing like what is being used today.

The ar15 redefined accuracy for an auto loading rifle.
Mmmm...the AR, as we know it today, at least within the shooting community, is, indeed, the current standard by which rifle performance is judged. Never in history, has a platform had the level of versatility that it enjoys, nor has any other rifle ever been so widely distributed and lauded within shooting circles. Nor has any other, with, perhaps the exception of the AK 47, been as vilified by the anti 2A crowd.

The thing has become so ubiquitous , as athe poster child for both pro and anti firearms rights views, it boggles. It represents each sides view of what defines modern firearms technology, as , for people like you and I, the best of said tech( which it is) , representing precision and performance , and to those , poor, misinformed and woefully undereducated haters, it is the face of death, incarnate, in black polycarbonite. Perhaps its shear commonality among gun owners is what the OP is misinterpreting as "pressure" to own a gun? Since he, obviously, doesn't understand how technology has evolved, and the ARs face is everywhere, he , mistakenly, feels that to be "pressure" , for people to run out and buy such a piece of equipment? IDK...maybe.

As you mentioned earlier, folks such as the OP are intimidated by the "scary" cosmetic and ergonomic furniture on modern firearms, and all they can see is a Hollywood image of what all that stuff actually is, and its purpose for being there. Ahhh, yes, unknowing minds, awash in a stormy sea of imagery, that their minds twist into Bogeys and Golems, seeking to possess the innocent souls of the American people. It would be amusing, if it weren't such a serious problem. Thing is, this misconception is spreading, like goat head weed, and is the real demon seeking souls to devour. Yep, its all about keeping the fear going, with melodramatic emotionalism, planting that image of "scary", evil black guns, hiding in every place imaginable.

And the truth, that all that's really there is the evolution of technology, and these scary, snazzy looking, accessories are nothing more than simple mechanical and ergonomic devices. Quite...unsensational, in reality.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2015, 12:58 PM

366 posts, read 596,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nema98 View Post
I dream of the day when guys are banned in America. Screw right to bear arms. I'm only 28 and I'm confident I'll see that day.
Because it's worked so well in Canada.

Arrest in Moka Cafe murders | Toronto & GTA | News | Toronto Sun
Toronto police seek 2 after deadly Muzik nightclub shooting - Toronto - CBC News
Shooting injuries, deaths in Toronto up 64% from 2014, TPS data shows - CityNews

Old 08-15-2015, 01:11 PM

7,480 posts, read 6,260,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nema98 View Post
I dream of the day when guys are banned in America. Screw right to bear arms. I'm only 28 and I'm confident I'll see that day.
So if you don't like guys then you must be a gay female.

Old 08-15-2015, 01:15 PM

366 posts, read 596,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern man View Post
Haha, I didn't even notice the typo. That makes it even funnier. "Right to bear arms" must be code for something, eh?

Old 08-15-2015, 02:54 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,841,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubfan View Post
Haha, I didn't even notice the typo. That makes it even funnier. "Right to bear arms" must be code for something, eh?
yep, they want the right to bear their right arm and their left arm

Old 08-15-2015, 05:37 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,628,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
yep, they want the right to bear their right arm and their left arm
That would be the right to BARE arms. As with goddess Athena , in Greek mythology, the bow arm should be bare.

Old 08-15-2015, 06:14 PM

7,646 posts, read 9,951,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern man View Post
Hey wait, I'm a gay female and l like guys just fine. Gotta keep one around to carry stuff and open jars. But keep your paws offa my guns!

Old 08-15-2015, 06:26 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,489,598 times
Spare us the silliness.

Do you seriously want to compare your firearm related death stats to Canada's...over any period in your history? With the most recent history from around 2006 showing an average of one mass shooting (4 victims or more per incident) happening on average once every TWO WEEKS!

I don't think you want to go there as regards Canada's gun controls compared to your existing situation.

Just leave us out of your goofy problems.

Old 08-15-2015, 06:34 PM

7,646 posts, read 9,951,921 times
Canadians don't need guns. You just use strong language and they will capitulate.

Old 08-15-2015, 06:38 PM

368 posts, read 413,291 times
Everybody should own a gun.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies