Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2015, 10:32 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blind melon View Post
Conservatives praise Carson but in the end most will not vote for him. Same with Cain

The latest NBC poll shows Carson surging into third place.

Cruz and Fiorina got a big bump from the debate too.

This election is different.

The party elite are getting kicked to the curb.

Jeb is down along with Walker and Christie.

I hope this trend continues.

http://www.pdf.investintech.com/preview/33f7458c-3ec9-11e5-9555-002590d31986/index.html

Old 08-09-2015, 11:03 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,871,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
How do you know what black parents do or don't do?

But the next time the Black Parent Book Club meets, I bring up your concerns
This is what my parents made me read when I was little.
https://www.mycomicshop.com/search?TID=346671

Old 08-09-2015, 11:58 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 22 days ago)

29,552 posts, read 16,539,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
The latest NBC poll shows Carson surging into third place.

Cruz and Fiorina got a big bump from the debate too.

This election is different.

The party elite are getting kicked to the curb.

Jeb is down along with Walker and Christie.

I hope this trend continues.

http://www.pdf.investintech.com/preview/33f7458c-3ec9-11e5-9555-002590d31986/index.html

It is too early to tell, but Carson's problem may have been name recognition, because I remember some polls that asked "who is your second or 3rd choice" and Carson was running dead last in both , meaning that in a 2 way race, he loses to everyone in the field.

Old 08-10-2015, 12:19 AM

8,069 posts, read 6,969,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
No Christian believes the earth is 6 thousand years old... it was a star that burned out.. how could anyone believe it is 6 thousand years old???

Civilization is probably what you mean.. the earth was void..the bible says, it did not have life at the time that man was created.. it does not mean there was no other species that roamed the earth thousands or millions of years prior and died out ..
Maybe that's how you think but there are Christian out there that do believe the earth is 6 thousand years old. I know them in real life.

Old 08-10-2015, 12:34 AM

8,069 posts, read 6,969,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
I am not shocked at all.

I started wondering, when I was in high school, why I was the only black kid in honors classes. And there were other sharp black kids in my grade. Then my parents filled me in on what happened when they registered me in school when we moved. The school district accused my parents of forging my test scores and wanted me to take new tests, IQ and otherwise before enrolling in the honers classes. Those tests were given in November, with results arriving in January, which would have meant I would have been 1/2 a year behind in those classes. They protested, and the school district relented.

In adulthood, I started chatting with other black friends, who lived all over the country, and 1/3 of them had really similar experiences in their school districts. And we are the ones who knew it happened. What about the other people?
When and where did this happened?

Old 08-10-2015, 06:07 AM

1,603 posts, read 1,113,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
I have a better question. Why do we start at pre-school age, trying to get rid of black kids?
Fact Sheet: How Bad Is the School-to-Prison Pipeline? | Tavis Smiley Reports | PBS

Why do teachers assume their black students are incapable and stop paying attention to them?
Teachers Of All Races Are More Likely To Punish Black Students
Study Finds Teachers Expect Less of Black and Brown Students - The Root

And the next question. Why are you assuming that black parents aren't teaching their kids.
Public school teachers are overwhelmingly liberal union Democrats.

Liberals are racist.

This is why they give negative ****s about their black students.

Old 08-10-2015, 06:25 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,161,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
Maybe that's how you think but there are Christian out there that do believe the earth is 6 thousand years old. I know them in real life.
Well,the earth is millions of years old.. this civilization of mankind has been here for 6,000 years old if interpreted by one day equals a thousand years to God..This is a small fact in the faith of many.
7th Day Adventists are a bible believing people . Many things in the bible are partly known.. our limited mind can only guess as to what God has done and can do with his universe.. The earth very well could be just a piece of dust in God's house his vastness is so great.

Old 08-10-2015, 06:28 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OutdoorsyGal View Post
That's interesting. They are still a CULT though, no doubt. They are not Christians
There are 4000+ Christian denominations in the U.S.

Old 08-10-2015, 07:02 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,894,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quaker15 View Post
Why are black parents, especially single black moms, not encouraging/requiring/forcing their children to read Ben Carson's books and have him as a role model?
How common sense dumb he is. He compared Obamacare to be the worst thing to our country since slavery (forgetting things like Japanese internment camps, the backlash to the civil rights movement and oh say the right a woman couldn't get an abortion for any reason until 1973.) He also said being gay is a choice, that was NEVER true, even when being gay was a mental illness it was handled as reprogramming the brain rather than teaching about "bad choices." He also said prisons make people gay when at best, they are just committing gay acts and not "converted."

Old 08-10-2015, 07:50 AM

9,189 posts, read 7,600,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quaker15 View Post
Why are black parents, especially single black moms, not encouraging/requiring/forcing their children to read Ben Carson's books and have him as a role model?
What kind of lame question is this?

Carson isn't the only black successful man out there. And many black parents DO have their kids read books, you just don't hear about them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies