Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-11-2015, 12:13 PM

1,024 posts, read 1,276,634 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
in your earlier scenario, it was ok if there were multiple people involved, rather than one. so if the key-leaving party consisted of two black guys, you are saying it's perfectly acceptable in such an instance to yell 'HEY BLACK GUYS! you forgot your keys back on the counter.'

you see how absolutely ridiculous that is?
Or you could say, Excuse me, sir, are these your keys?

Old 08-11-2015, 12:17 PM

4,657 posts, read 4,115,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Relaxx View Post
The black people I know do not spend the most of their days complaining about racism or thinking about guilty white people. Turn off your news station please.

And Actually much of the cries aren't about racism, but specific issues that are consists of the larger system that is institutional racism like police brutality.

The Hispanics in Cali are a majority now yes we know that...but perhaps you haven't heard Donald Trump's recent comments about Mexicans.

These are very one sided and stupid views to have.
Once again, you will use any diversionary tactic to put your head back in the dand.

It is a FACT that only 7% of students in Detroot read a grade level. The "black people you know" ahve nothing to do about it.

It is a FACT that in Sotuh Carolina, ESL students to better in English than blacks.

It is a a FACT that there is a black on black self inflicted holocaust going on. There things need to be addresses. But you want to talk about the wonderful blacks you know and put your head back in the sand.

People like yourself must be resisted, or blacks will always be in last plac.e

Old 08-11-2015, 12:19 PM

50,759 posts, read 24,261,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
Of course police sometimes kill people!

It's not called law ENFORCEMENT for nothing.

Law enforcement is not about arguing, it's about obeying.

So let's dig a little deeper....

Society needs law enforcement.

So the LAW says that when a cop orders you to do something, you HAVE to do it.

NOW.

If you don't do it, or fight back, the cop has a right -- AND A DUTY -- to MAKE you do it -- NOW.

He/she can -- AND MUST -- use force to get you to comply.

PERIOD.

How can people not know this after twenty seasons of the reality show "Cops" -- not to mention the endless police and detective shows and movies that have been watched by millions over the last sixty years?

Duh!
I don't remember the film, but I remember the character was played by Jimmy Stewart. And the character said, "No, you have the power. You don't have the right."

Ever hear of "the consent of the governed". Well, a lot of us who are being governed are beginning to say that we don't give our consent to unprofessional LEOs.

Individuals are one thing. Organizations are another. And the police organization needs to clean up its act if it wants the respect of the governed.

Old 08-11-2015, 12:19 PM

28,890 posts, read 30,251,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eqttrdr View Post
Blacks who fought and died for racial equality are turning over in their graves right now over what the black community has become.
your wrong, it's not all blacks, and it certainly is much better then it was years ago....there are a lot of blacks out there who are decent human beings...so, please don't generalize

yes, MLK, this would kill him to see the mentality, but I do know that not all blacks think like this, plus, there are a whole lot of black cops....so....it is just most unfortunate, that these people feel this way....
I wonder if a black cop shoots a black person, if this insanity goes on?

and BTW, they act like its so easy for a cop to shoot someone, and it is most certainly not.

Old 08-11-2015, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
huh? different how?

my gosh you PC do-gooders have speech rules so convoluted it staggers the imagination.
It's called courtesy.

Old 08-11-2015, 12:30 PM

VIDEO: Sheriff Clarke EXPOSES Ferguson Lies and "Black Lives Matters" Movement (MUST SEE) - The Political Insider

here is the truth....

Old 08-11-2015, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eqttrdr View Post
Blacks who fought and died for racial equality are turning over in their graves right now over what the black community has become.
Your evidence that they are turning over in their graves.

In reality, many Black leaders who fought for civil rights felt they had to hold themselves back to appease Whites. Suggest you do some reading about the conflict between Black leaders such as Booker T. Washington and the leaders of the NAACP.

Old 08-11-2015, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Your evidence that they are turning over in their graves.

In reality, many Black leaders who fought for civil rights felt they had to hold themselves back to appease Whites. Suggest you do some reading about the conflict between Black leaders such as Booker T. Washington and the leaders of the NAACP.
yes, and that will always exist until parents, both white and black train their kids differently....

Yanno, when kids are born, they don't see color, and that is the way it should be....

and it certainly has gotten better, we have a long way to go, however, what they are doing in this movement is so completely wrong....

and with that, nothing will ever change, all they are doing is making it worse....

Old 08-11-2015, 12:56 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,814,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
I know the word "black" offends a lot of you, so I promise that from now on I will only use "African American".

Having said that, do you think it's a good idea to use a figure like Michael Brown as a rallying cry, considering that he was, after all, a criminal?

I'm an ex-cop. During the years that I worked as a cop, I pulled over some people that were rude and some people that were just as professional as I was toward them. Ever since I stopped being a cop, I've gotten pulled over a few times. And every single one of those times, I was always courteous to the officers and they were always courteous back to me.

I am not white. I belong to a relatively small minority group in the US. As a matter of fact, members of my group are often the butt of people's jokes. To deal with that, we just keep to ourselves and go on with our lives. Even the liberal movie makers are so afraid that people wouldn't watch their movies if they had the main character as someone from our group that they had to cast a white guy to play a clearly minority character. Think Dragon Ball Z.

My suggestion is if you want your message to be more effective, please choose another name that isn't connected to criminal activity to glorify. Every time I hear "Michael Brown", I can't help but get reminded that he was, after all, a criminal.
Glad you are an ex-cop since you don't like black people.

I am black. Hardly any black people view the term"black" as "offensive." Please read the rather lengthy thread posted within the last week regarding that very topic.

Nice rant you got going there. Lots of blahblahblah and whine-whine-whine about black people and their supposed whining lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
Once again, you will use any diversionary tactic to put your head back in the dand.

It is a FACT that only 7% of students in Detroot read a grade level. The "black people you know" ahve nothing to do about it.

It is a FACT that in Sotuh Carolina, ESL students to better in English than blacks.

It is a a FACT that there is a black on black self inflicted holocaust going on. There things need to be addresses. But you want to talk about the wonderful blacks you know and put your head back in the sand.

People like yourself must be resisted, or blacks will always be in last plac.e
News flash to the people responding. There is not one "black community." Black people live all over the country and the majority do not live in the inner city nor are they poverty stricken or poor. Black women is the demographic who is the most likely to go to college as well.

In regards to the above from cachibatches, please check your autocorrect and what about those of us who do not live in "Detroot" or "Sotuh Carolina."

Not all black children don't know how to read and no one assessment can 100% provide accurate information pertaining to all black children's proficiency in a certain subject.

I am black and both my children read above grade level and go to magnet schools.

Blacks will "always be in last place" to you regardless of what we do or accomplish so I really don't even know why so many of you bring up these threads to try to teach us some sort of great lesson.

Personally I feel that you just like to have someone to beat up on and feel superior to. You see blacks as inferior and it is highly portrayed on these forums. There have been way too many "black" threads lately. It is like you all are highly obsessed and you ignore all the gains statistically that black people have made over the past 50 years.

Old 08-11-2015, 01:38 PM

13 posts, read 10,118 times
There are people of both and all colors on both sides. There are whites marching in Ferguson that are also a part of militant black movements and there are blacks that are disgusted by the folks in Ferguson rioting and defacing the american flag. There are many black people who are against what the black lives matter movement really stands for. There are no absolutes. But the militants both black and white are trying hard to make everyone hate themselves and each other and the media is helping them.

Sad state of events.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies