Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-11-2015, 02:53 PM

283 posts, read 327,445 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
I did live in my own neighborhood for many years but progressive libs moved thousands of people into my neighborhood practically over night. I guess HUD and whatever other programs bought them all a house with tax payer funds.
If you think those dirty Blacks are bad, wait until this country is 1/3'rd Hispanic and street gangs cut from the same cloth as the Mexican Cartel start popping up and turn America into Mexico

Better vote for Trump!

Old 08-11-2015, 02:58 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,866,332 times
I'm against more immigration legal and illegal where ever they're from. That's one of the reasons I could never vote for a Democrat.

Old 08-11-2015, 03:00 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,851,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
If a criminal with attitude lunges at a cop, what do you think the cop should do?
Like Miriam Carey did? oh wait she didn't

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
I was fortunate enough that the years I worked as a cop I never once had to pull out my gun. I also reserve the right to defend myself with deadly force if a criminal lunges at me because I have no idea what his intention is.
Agreed. Just as a citizen does when a cop lunges at them.

Old 08-11-2015, 03:31 PM

1,875 posts, read 1,325,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonBradu View Post
Whole lot of excuses coming from you bro

We get it, you hate Blacks. So move to one of the several areas where there are none and stop your bitching.

where exactly is that area because I haven't seen it in the US..?

Old 08-11-2015, 03:32 PM

7,578 posts, read 5,321,294 times
Quote:
Pure nonsense.
Pretty much.

Quote:
Blacks were free to develop a culture get an education and self educate since 1865 even in the south.
Like I said, you obviously have little understanding of the history of the south particularly the rural south where even for poor white folks gaining an education, self-taught or otherwise was a insurmountable obstacles for all but the exceptional.

Quote:
You can educate yourself. If you had enough intelligence, you'd be the one educating others.
You know, self education doesn't come to you through osmosis, you need silly thinks like books, libraries the time an opportunity to actually study. Even today, and consider the number of school, and library closings in many areas of the country, gee if it were just as easy as you make it out to be, life would be so grand for both poor white kids, and especially for those of color.

Quote:
It's been 150 years and the blame whites lame and racist excuse is still used. It'll be used 150 years from now if only America lasts that long.
Just a note, it's only been 60 years since Brown, 40 years since the end of institutional segregation, and looking at a number of present day issue, and nonsensical, uneducated posts such as yours that begs the question, are white folks so blameless today? I think not.

But there is one point that I will agree with you to some degree. Despite the still existing racism against people of color in this country, that really isn't an excuse to not try and frankly the vast majority of African Americans do and most succeed to some degree or another, just as many white folks who don't suffer from racial discrimination but do suffer from class discrimination do try and often succeed.

Old 08-11-2015, 03:46 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,866,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post

Like I said, you obviously have little understanding of the history of the south particularly the rural south where even for poor white folks gaining an education, self-taught or otherwise was a insurmountable obstacles for all but the exceptional.
I have a relative with a third grade education who came out of 1940's Appalachia from a family of 8 kids and a father who didn't work. It doesn't get more poor and austere than that. He moved, started a business and is a millionaire. Many thousands of others left that environment during the great depression and with little to no education became at least middle class.

Quote:
You know, self education doesn't come to you through osmosis, you need silly
thinks like books, libraries the time an opportunity to actually study. Even
today, and consider the number of school, and library closings in many areas of
the country, gee if it were just as easy as you make it out to be, life would be
so grand for both poor white kids, and especially for those of color.
Poor whites are the only ones being discriminated against. Yet many of them still make it.

Quote:
Just a note, it's only been 60 years since Brown, 40 years since the end of
institutional segregation, and looking at a number of present day issue, and
nonsensical, uneducated posts such as yours that begs the question, are white
folks so blameless today? I think not.
Yes white folks are totally blameless. The average white person had to earn everything himself and is not responsible for what non-whites do and don't do. I, like 95% of whites, did not bring any non-whites here and did not benefit from them coming here. They are stepping on my toes and owe me if anything.

Quote:
But there is one point that I will agree with you to some degree. Despite the still existing racism against people of color in this country, that really isn't an excuse to not try and frankly the vast majority of African Americans do and most succeed to some degree or another, just as many white folks who don't suffer from racial discrimination but do suffer from class discrimination do try and often succeed.
The only group that suffers racial discrimination is whites. If they want to overcome the class discrimination, then they have to outcompete the best and most privileged whites, Asians, and affirmative action boosted 'people of color'.

Old 08-11-2015, 04:28 PM

12,954 posts, read 13,665,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
in your earlier scenario, it was ok if there were multiple people involved, rather than one. so if the key-leaving party consisted of two black guys, you are saying it's perfectly acceptable in such an instance to yell 'HEY BLACK GUYS! you forgot your keys back on the counter.'

you see how absolutely ridiculous that is?
what is ridiculous is length that I have gone to explain to you it is never appropriate to remind a person of their race, only to have you still not get it.
You are the one that said it makes no difference whether you are talking to a person who is black or talking about a person who is black, clearly it makes a big difference.

Old 08-11-2015, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eqttrdr View Post
where exactly is that area because I haven't seen it in the US..?
Many areas of Flyover Country and out west where there are little to no blacks. Not to mention the rural parts of nearly every state excluding the south

Still plenty of places for good ole boys to live

Old 08-11-2015, 05:12 PM

2,851 posts, read 2,299,160 times
Quote:
I have a relative with a third grade education who came out of 1940's Appalachia from a family of 8 kids and a father who didn't work. It doesn't get more poor and austere than that. He moved, started a business and is a millionaire. Many thousands of others left that environment during the great depression and with little to no education became at least middle class.
This is such a racist example.

Quote:
Poor whites are the only ones being discriminated against. Yet many of them still make it.
Not the only ones. Blacks are often discriminated against. Immigrants are often discriminated against. Women are discriminated against. Men are discriminated in the workplace. A white male in a large corporation has to work twice as hard to get promoted as a minority or a woman. We need to fight all discrimination, not only when it comes to the designated protected groups.

Quote:
Yes white folks are totally blameless. The average white person had to earn everything himself and is not responsible for what non-whites do and don't do. I, like 95% of whites, did not bring any non-whites here and did not benefit from them coming here. They are stepping on my toes and owe me if anything.
The biggest group of white Americans are not of Anglo-Saxon background, but German. They came here after the Civil War and after slavery ended. Polish, Jewish, Italian immigrants came in the late XIX - early XX centuries, long after slavery ended. Neither Germany, nor Poland, nor Russia, nor Austria, nor Italy were ever engaged in slave trade, and with exception of Germany didn't even have any overseas colonies. Heck, Poland wasn't even a country until 1918. The only thing in common between the ancestors of German, Polish, Italian or Jewish Americans and the slave owning ancestors of Anglo-Saxon Americans is the color of their skin. It's extremely racist to blame all people with same skin color for what some people of same skin color, who lived thousands of miles away and spoke different language, did. And it's both racist and stupid to blame people today for what some of the people with same skin color did 200 years ago.

Quote:
The only group that suffers racial discrimination is whites. If they want to overcome the class discrimination, then they have to outcompete the best and most privileged whites, Asians, and affirmative action boosted 'people of color'.
I don't see how Asians are in any more privileged position than whites. Now you begin to sound as if you were trying to blame your shortcomings on someone else. And no, I'm not Asian.

Old 08-11-2015, 05:23 PM

Yeah, mtl1 isn't exactly the sharpest knife in the drawer

"Don't hold whites responsible for the actions of other whites! But blacks though, are responsible for the actions of other blacks!"

Many racists tend to think with emotion rather than logic and it shows
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies