Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2015, 03:36 PM

6,351 posts, read 9,975,080 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat lou View Post
You've never lived in the hood, have you?

I grew up in places like New Brunswick, NJ and later Elizabeth, NJ and lived for a short time in Newark. I KNOW what ghetto is and let me tell you, if I had a nickle for every time some Trump-lover declared "it's getting bad! Imma seeing darkies everywhere in my town!" I would be able to bribe actual ghetto people to use birth control.

When a handful of people from a different ethnic group move in, folks tend to flip-out, even if they aren't doing anything. My ex had an uncle who was a cop in a town here in Washington state and they got a call about "suspicious activity" from some "Mexicans" in the vacant lot. They were planning to create a narco-state if you believed the old folks. Anyway, the cop looked and what was going on? They were building a little soccer field for the young men and kids.

And still, he says, they get calls about "Mexicans" (they are actually mostly Guatemalans) who are doing nothing but working on local farms and playing soccer.

Actual ghetto people don't move around that much. If they are willing to leave for a better life, most of them are not that bad. Sure, they may have lived in the ghetto, but you can live in the ghetto without being of the ghetto.

Old 08-15-2015, 04:12 PM

3,304 posts, read 2,171,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickerman View Post
those ghetto migrants will destroy your communities and it is happening everywhere. Here is Wisconsin small towns are being inundated with Chicago and Milwaukee ghetto people and there have been rapes and crimes that we have never seen before.
It is important to note that these small towns and even big towns and cities could one day go back to their traditional ways like before WW2 if the racial makeup of the communities stay the same. But if the racial makeup changes in any given community there is no way that those old traditions can come back. They are gone forever when the racial makeup changes.
There are Blacks around the country crying about White oppression, but ghetto Blacks will still try to move into White areas. The truth of the matter is that Blacks flee the conditions that they create for themselves to go live around White people, who create communities that are actually worth living in. Once these area become formally White then the descendants of those Blacks who moved there will cry about how they don't have opportunities or jobs or good schools. They ignore the fact that the place had all those things before it became majority Black. Look at Ferguson for a topical example of that very phenomenon.

Old 08-15-2015, 04:25 PM

72,976 posts, read 62,554,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
So, its getting better?
Can you specify what you are talking about?

Old 08-15-2015, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
Also not to mention this is America and we are free to move wherever we want within our country.
True. Anyone who is an American citizen is free to go wherever he or she pleases, and live wherever he or she pleases. People will go where they think they can do better.

Old 08-15-2015, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supachai View Post
There are Blacks around the country crying about White oppression, but ghetto Blacks will still try to move into White areas. The truth of the matter is that Blacks flee the conditions that they create for themselves to go live around White people, who create communities that are actually worth living in. Once these area become formally White then the descendants of those Blacks who moved there will cry about how they don't have opportunities or jobs or good schools. They ignore the fact that the place had all those things before it became majority Black. Look at Ferguson for a topical example of that very phenomenon.
How did middle class Blacks create ghetto conditions? Explain. I'm talking specifically about middle class Blacks who flee from ghetto areas.

Old 08-15-2015, 04:42 PM

3,304 posts, read 2,171,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
How did middle class Blacks create ghetto conditions? Explain. I'm talking specifically about middle class Blacks who flee from ghetto areas.
Middle class Blacks aren't creating ghetto conditions, but once an area becomes majority Black, the ghetto conditions will follow. The reason for this is that middle class Blacks need Whites to sustain their middle class lifestyles. If you want good schools, safe neighborhoods, and well run municipal services, then there has to be a sizable presence of Whites. This could probably apply to Asians as well, but I'm not aware of a phenomenon of Blacks fleeing to Asian areas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies