Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2015, 09:26 AM

2,682 posts, read 2,178,384 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
. . . NOBODY should have to expect to be bitten by a dog, shot at, verbally abused, threatened and treated as anything less then a human being for doing a job. Yet police officers are treated this way and viewed as less then human. Why? I don't understand the mentality. John said that the haters are paranoid people and view authority as a threat. I'm beginning to think he's right.
The haters are people who can view life only in terms of black/white, and they choose sides depending upon their preconceptions. Most of us understand that life is all grey, and there are no easy answers. Bashing cops as a group is not an answer to anything.

Old 08-12-2015, 09:29 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,598,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post
READ YOUR LINKS BEFORE YOU POST THIS GARBAGE. One of those links has to do with a homeowner going to prison for shooting the burglars. That doesn't prove your point. Now give yourself 50 of these.
Ok, so are you saying burglars aren't killing homeowners?

Old 08-12-2015, 09:31 AM

2,682 posts, read 2,178,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
I disagree with your premise that the majority of people do not consider their pets members of their family.
People can consider their pets to be members of the family if they like. But the law does not consider pets to be the equivalent of a human being; and that is what controls in a case like this, not a particular individual's attitude towards his pets.

Old 08-12-2015, 09:31 AM

Quote:
I watched it twice.
Then you saw the dog charging.

Quote:
You know, Pedro, after being boxed into a room with a man a foot taller than me and 100 pounds heavier in such a rage that he was foaming at the mouth while holding a loaded gun inches from my face, nothing much scares me these days, if anything. So, I have no fear of answering a question.

A poster may chose to reveal personal information; how that information is responded to tells all about the respondents character. Asking that was a low blow and you know it.

I disagree with your premise that the majority of people do not consider their pets members of their family.

If you are not too fearful, why don't you set up a poll and find out.
OK.

Old 08-12-2015, 09:35 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,641,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Then you saw the dog charging.

OK.
I actually laughed out loud at your contention that I was afraid to answer a question.

Thanks for the laugh.

Old 08-12-2015, 09:40 AM

Quote:
I actually laughed out loud at your contention that I was afraid to answer a question.

Thanks for the laugh.
No, the ok was for doing the poll.

It's clear the question scares you.

Old 08-12-2015, 09:45 AM

2,852 posts, read 1,611,830 times
Quote:
You know, Pedro, after being boxed into a room with a man a foot taller than me and 100 pounds heavier in such a rage that he was foaming at the mouth while holding a loaded gun inches from my face, nothing much scares me these days, if anything. So, I have no fear of answering a question.

A poster may chose to reveal personal information; how that information is responded to tells all about the respondents character. Asking that was a low blow and you know it.

If you are not too fearful, why don't you set up a poll and find out.
I'm certainly not Pedro, but I've put together a poll as you asked.
you'll find it here: //www.city-data.com/forum/pets/...et-member.html

Old 08-12-2015, 09:59 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,641,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumf View Post
I'm certainly not Pedro, but I've put together a poll as you asked.
you'll find it here: //www.city-data.com/forum/pets/...et-member.html
I see Pedro has already sullied your poll.

I did not read ONE post that said children and pets are equal. I don't know why he makes things up.

Old 08-12-2015, 10:08 AM

Quote:

I did not read ONE post that said children and pets are equal. I don't know why he makes things up.
Pets really aren't members of the family like so many pretend.

The poll could be if you'd sacrifice your dog to save your spouse, your brother, your sister, your mother, your father, your uncle, etc, and the responses will be pretty much the same, every REAL family member carries more value than your pet.

I love my pets, but human lives are more valuable. Sorry if reality is reality.

Old 08-12-2015, 10:09 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,595,087 times
Quote:

You only need to go through some of their posts to recognize that some people just love to argue.

I'm not a pet owner, but everyone I know considers their pet part of their family. NONE of them consider their pet to be as, or more important, than their child(ren). If it came down to saving a life, they would always save their child versus a pet, but would wish they could have saved both.

I find it extremely tacky that anyone would even consider posing a question like that to a poster who has lost a child. Tacky and heartless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies