Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2015, 09:55 AM

27,142 posts, read 15,318,187 times

Advertisements

You however do not speak for the rest of households out there either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2015, 10:13 AM

4,664 posts, read 8,242,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarUnlitUnknown View Post
Just like clockwork. The internet bubble, the housing bubble, and now this. Obama's phony recovery is being exposed as just another bubble inflated by the Federal Reserve's cheap money policy.

The party is coming to an end.

Funny thing is, many people never felt the recovery. It's like the recovery that never was.

What on earth are you talking about? Is the US economy in great shape? No. But it is doing ok. GDP growth has been good (but not great), unemployment is the lowest it has been for years (and it is measured the same way it has been for decades), and our debt to GDP ratio is also the lowest its been for years.\

Hardly a "party coming to an end"

Old 08-11-2015, 10:23 AM

7,605 posts, read 4,845,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
There are more people out of the workforce then since the 70's and it's mostly younger people.
The largest segment of people out of the workforce are retired people.

Old 08-11-2015, 10:23 AM

179 posts, read 248,645 times
I'm not an Obama fan, although I do like his memes. That said, my career has been taking off in the last 5 years or so, after about a decade of crap before that. So either I'm an outlier or the recovery is a real thing. Or both, I guess.

Old 08-11-2015, 10:27 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Just like clockwork. The internet bubble, the housing bubble, and now this. Obama's phony recovery is being exposed as just another bubble inflated by the Federal Reserve's cheap money policy.

Funny thing is, many people never felt the recovery. It's like the recovery that never was.
Not exactly clockwork, since it has been overdue for over a year. Like I have been saying on other threads, a correction has been coming, and people should be prepared for it. I know I am. There is always a way to benefit from market ups and downs.

Those of you who constantly look to the government to fix things for you will continue to be disappointed.

Old 08-11-2015, 10:31 AM

24,407 posts, read 26,956,157 times
Quote:

The market is 2.5% from it's all time high in the history of our country's existence, that is not called tanking, heck it's not even a market correction.That is amazing! We are still near historic highs and a correction would actually be healthy for the bull market.

Listen, I've been very critical of Democrats, as you can see from many of my threads here. However, what I cannot stand from either side is manipulating _____ who try to pull a fast one over stupid people. I'm a stock trader, I make the majority of my living through it, so don't even try buddy.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 08-11-2015 at 03:44 PM.. Reason: bypassing profanity filter

Old 08-11-2015, 10:36 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mag3.14 View Post
What on earth are you talking about? Is the US economy in great shape? No. But it is doing ok. GDP growth has been good (but not great), unemployment is the lowest it has been for years (and it is measured the same way it has been for decades), and our debt to GDP ratio is also the lowest its been for years.\

Hardly a "party coming to an end"
GDP includes the money the government has been creating out of nothing. That's stopped. Take it out of the equation and tell us how well GDP has been doing.

Old 08-11-2015, 10:39 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
The market is 2.5% from it's all time high in the history of our country's existence, that is not called tanking, heck it's not even a market correction.That is amazing! We are still near historic highs and a correction would actually be healthy for the bull market.

Listen, I've been very critical of Democrats, as you can see from many of my threads here. However, what I cannot stand from either side is manipulating _____ who try to pull a fast one over stupid people. I'm a stock trader, I make the majority of my living through it, so don't even try buddy.
No, it is not a correction yet, but I believe there will be a correction with China etc tanking.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 08-11-2015 at 03:45 PM.. Reason: edited quoted post

Old 08-11-2015, 10:41 AM

4,540 posts, read 2,768,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Not exactly clockwork, since it has been overdue for over a year. Like I have been saying on other threads, a correction has been coming, and people should be prepared for it. I know I am. There is always a way to benefit from market ups and downs.

Those of you who constantly look to the government to fix things for you will continue to be disappointed.
Exactly.

I've got a year's worth of income sitting in cash- ready to buy into the next correction. My income isn't anything special either- I interact with 'normal' people every day who would've long since used that money to buy a giant new diesel pickup.

I prefer economic security to the extent that I can get it. Others prefer shiny new toys and debt.

Old 08-11-2015, 10:43 AM

24,407 posts, read 26,956,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
No, it is not a correction yet, but I believe there will be a correction with China etc tanking.
Corrections are normal and HEALTHY for bull markets to continue over the long-run. I would love to see a correction because right now we are stuck in sideways consolidation. It's fine to attack Obama on the economy, but the stock market, no way. I watch the market from 6AM until 1PM, plus spend a couple hours each night going through my watch list. I'm just saying to the OP, he knows nothing about the market if he calls this tanking. It's not even a correction for crying out loud and like I mentioned, corrections are healthy for a bull market.

2.5% is NOT a correction, it needs to go down more to be considered one, a lot more... and I hope it does because that will make the odds of this fantastic bull market better to continue upwards.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies