Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2016, 08:16 AM

29,551 posts, read 9,725,771 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Would the stimulus bill which was mostly expansion of welfare be an example? or how about expanding welfare and taxing the crap out of others to pay for ACA?

I think its humorous at how far left many of you guys have had to go, in order to make obama seem like center, let alone leaning right..
You don't need to go far, you just need proper perspective. The use of massive amounts of tax payer money to reverse the economic disaster was started by GW and what Obama did as well to address an extreme economic problem was what most economic advisers considered necessary. The ACA simply gets us closer to what every other modern day advanced country has in the way of broader access to health care for all citizens (albeit we still need to do some fixing to get it right). Can't really call Obama a radical liberal for any of that...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2016, 02:05 PM

35,075 posts, read 17,024,527 times
The stock market has recovered. I wouldn't lay its surge to Obama; the Fed's quantitative easing deserves more of the credit.

Old 03-20-2016, 02:14 PM

6,393 posts, read 4,116,131 times
My income has doubled in the last 5 years. I bought a foreclosed house that is now worth 50% more. My company is making enough money to have given me a brand new SUV for unlimited use. We can't find enough good young engineers to train.

To me, the recovery has been a very real thing. Don't blame Obama for your laziness if you haven't made any progress in the last 5 years.

Old 03-20-2016, 02:21 PM

7,578 posts, read 5,327,909 times
Funny, the U.S. has the highest growth rate of any developed country.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...DP_growth_rate

Old 03-20-2016, 02:50 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post

Funny how GDP doesn't measure quality. A 1 million dollar bomb that blows up in a day counts as much as a 1 million dollar house.

Funny how the median family income is stagnant while prices are rising.
Funny how the Labor Participation Rate for those 55 and under is getting smaller.
Funny how the number of people on food stamps is greater than those that were on them in 2011.
Funny how health care spending topped the growth in the economy, reaching 17.5 percent of GDP.

Old 03-20-2016, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
My income has doubled in the last 5 years. I bought a foreclosed house that is now worth 50% more. My company is making enough money to have given me a brand new SUV for unlimited use. We can't find enough good young engineers to train.

To me, the recovery has been a very real thing. Don't blame Obama for your laziness if you haven't made any progress in the last 5 years.
It's not about you princess.
You making money on a foreclosed house while ignoring the fact that someone lost that house somehow means to you the economy is improving?

Old 03-20-2016, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
You don't need to go far, you just need proper perspective. The use of massive amounts of tax payer money to reverse the economic disaster was started by GW and what Obama did as well to address an extreme economic problem was what most economic advisers considered necessary. The ACA simply gets us closer to what every other modern day advanced country has in the way of broader access to health care for all citizens (albeit we still need to do some fixing to get it right). Can't really call Obama a radical liberal for any of that...
The same economic advisors who didn't see the Housing boom/bust coming. Yea lets listen to those economic failures.

Old 03-20-2016, 03:02 PM

729 posts, read 429,553 times
No surprise.

Old 03-20-2016, 03:05 PM

29,823 posts, read 24,913,395 times
Quote:

Yes, a shortage of engineers is just what this nation needs... Not.

Old 03-20-2016, 03:14 PM

35,075 posts, read 17,024,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Quote:

It's not about you princess.
You making money on a foreclosed house while ignoring the fact that someone lost that house somehow means to you the economy is improving?
I represent many people in foreclosure. Frankly many never had equity in their properties. There are some I weep tears for but not all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post

Unfortunately if Obama gets his way that won't be true for long. At the moment most of the developed world is the victim of social democracy. Obama and Clinton want us to go that route. I don't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies