Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2015, 12:36 AM

15,292 posts, read 7,759,397 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winning Guy View Post
I think the laughter shows the stereotypes that people hold.
That's definately part of it. The white people in that audience, mostly good progressive TED-talk sorts I'm sure, assume that a hip black guy couldn't enjoy living in a rural white town and doing the things people there like to do.

Old 08-12-2015, 12:36 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 23 days ago)

29,554 posts, read 16,542,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
Yeah, I ... uh... suppose that's funny.

I was just going to point that line out myself. The audience cracked up at that. It got more laughs than anything else in the presentation.

But what's funny about someone explaining the difference between a supremacist and a seperatist?

Are you trolling or do you honestly not understand that it what he said was a joke ?

im not trying to be mean, its just that the joke seems fairly obvious(even if you dont think its funny as you proclaimed)

Old 08-12-2015, 12:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
It's too bad a white person couldn't live in a non-white area and be so well received and have a pleasant time. All whites have is their own white spaces. But progressive liberals see to it that whites are pestered and victimized and have no space anywhere.
You do realize that most progressives are actually white right ????

Old 08-12-2015, 12:40 AM

Quote:
That's definately part of it. The white people in that audience, mostly good progressive TED-talk sorts I'm sure, assume that a hip black guy couldn't enjoy living in a rural white town and doing the things people there like to do.
The only one who made that assumption was you.

But even if they had made that assumption, his entire video was about him doing all those things for the first time, you could replace black with "city dweller" and "Whitopia"with "Suburbia" and had the same result.

Old 08-12-2015, 12:42 AM

19,966 posts, read 7,873,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
You do realize that most progressives are actually white right ????
And they like to live in their upscale mostly lily white neighborhoods while they use tax money to force 'diversity' on middle and working class white suburbs.

I've been saying white and jewish elites and common jealous white progressives use other races as a tool against the rest of the whites.

Old 08-12-2015, 12:49 AM

Quote:
Are you trolling or do you honestly not understand that it what he said was a joke ?
When he attended the Aryan Nations retreat, a guy there tried to explain to him the difference between a supremacist and a separatist. Sorry, but I can only guess as to why an audience of progressives thinks that's funny.

Why do you think it's funny?

Old 08-12-2015, 12:51 AM

Quote:
And they like to live in their upscale mostly lily white neighborhoods while they use tax money to force 'diversity' on middle and working class white suburbs.

I've been saying white and jewish elites and common jealous white progressives use other races as a tool against the rest of the whites.
How exactly do they use their money to force diversity on the "middle and working" class ????

Also, do you think all progressives are rich,and if so, the numbers say they are a very small minority.

Old 08-12-2015, 12:52 AM

624 posts, read 379,107 times
Quote:
It's too bad a white person couldn't live in a non-white area and be so well received and have a pleasant time. All whites have is their own white spaces. But progressive liberals see to it that whites are pestered and victimized and have no space anywhere.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=36&v=lkbWIfP3mLw

Old 08-12-2015, 12:56 AM

Quote:
The only one who made that assumption was you.

But even if they had made that assumption, his entire video was about him doing all those things for the first time, you could replace black with "city dweller" and "Whitopia"with "Suburbia" and had the same result.
I don't think so. Nobody would laugh. It's funny to them because he's black (and assumed to be into cool black stuff) and because they think rural white people are inherently uncool. The fact that he does actually like the people he meets in whitopia and has little bad to say about them probably left the audience confused. They seem a lot quieter towards the end.

Old 08-12-2015, 12:56 AM

Quote:
When he attended the Aryan Nations retreat, a guy there tried to explain to him the difference between a supremacist and a separatist. Sorry, but I can only guess as to why an audience of progressives thinks that's funny.

Why do you think it's funny?
Why do you assume everyone who attends a TedTalks event is a progressive ?

But to answer your question, it is because it is a distinction without a difference in reality, like calling yourself Pro life instead of anti abortion, the desired end result is the same. (read their website)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies