Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2015, 02:30 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,876,419 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
I doubt that would happen in this black town:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olympia_Fields,_Illinois
Then move lower class blacks and whites and what have you there so the higher class will magically rub off on them. I'm tired of progressive liberals moving the low class and ghetto into only white middle class areas.

Old 08-12-2015, 02:32 PM

3,850 posts, read 2,227,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
It's too bad a white person couldn't live in a non-white area and be so well received and have a pleasant time.
Sure they can. I see it all the time in NYC.

Old 08-12-2015, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
NYC..go to any ghetto and poor blacks and hispanics are living there with some whites. I work in some of those areas and I have never heard of any racial problems within the same neighborhood.

The "poor" neighborhoods aren't exclusive to any race. Poor whites, blacks and hispanics generally don't have any problems living there together.
Then why is the government spending so much time and effort to move non-whites and poor into white middle class areas if ghettos are so peaceful and multicultural? They're fine where they are.

Old 08-12-2015, 02:33 PM

12,963 posts, read 13,679,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
you put a white man in a black town, he be robbed within 24 hours and dead within a week
Are you aware that all black towns in Oklahoma are not only the most crime free places in the country but they all have a few whites in them? Gary Indiana is 80% Black and high crime but there are around 8,000 whites who seem to like it enough to stay.

Old 08-12-2015, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tritone View Post
So there are no unsafe places for a white person to go in NYC?

Old 08-12-2015, 02:37 PM

1,793 posts, read 1,441,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tritone View Post
Which Borough?

Old 08-12-2015, 02:38 PM

6,454 posts, read 7,011,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Then why is the government spending so much time and effort to move non-whites and poor into white middle class areas if ghettos are so peaceful and multicultural? They're fine where they are.
I never said that they were peaceful. The poor whites there have the same problems as the poor blacks and hispanics there. All I'm saying is that they generally get along.

You even said it yourself "white middle class areas"...key term being "middle class"...they aren't moving them into trailer parks and bungalows.

And you better believe it--they move poor blacks into middle class black areas as well. It aint just middle class whites who are seeing their neighborhoods change...middle class blacks are saying the same things. My parents were complaining about this in the mid-90s.

Old 08-12-2015, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
I never said that they were peaceful. The poor whites there have the same problems as the poor blacks and hispanics there. All I'm saying is that they generally get along.
They get along to the degree they know the law and police requires them to 'get along' and walk on egg shells around each other and the whites suffer the most from interracial crime and violence.

Quote:
You even said it yourself "white middle class areas"...key term being "middle
class"...they aren't moving them into trailer parks and bungalows.
No key term "white".

Quote:
And you better believe it--they move poor blacks into middle class black areas as well. It aint just middle class whites who are seeing their neighborhoods change...middle class blacks are saying the same things. My parents were complaining about this in the mid-90s.
No. They move all the blacks and Hispanics and ghetto whites into white middle class neighborhoods.

Old 08-12-2015, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
Are you aware that all black towns in Oklahoma are not only the most crime free places in the country but they all have a few whites in them? Gary Indiana is 80% Black and high crime but there are around 8,000 whites who seem to like it enough to stay.
Then move lower income and class blacks there and let the crime free middle and upper class magically rub off on them there. (more like the other way around the ghetto and low class will be smeared like poo all over the decent residents).

Old 08-12-2015, 02:47 PM

3,850 posts, read 2,227,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrafficCory View Post
Which Borough?
All the five boroughs.

People end up wherever the rent is cheapest and that results in many whites living in low-income neighborhoods next to projects.

The phenomenon known as "gentrification" starts with just a handful of whites living in a traditionally black or "hispanic" neighborhood before it's completely transformed. LES manhattan, and Williamsburg Brooklyn being just the latest examples.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies