Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2015, 11:50 AM

12,390 posts, read 7,096,148 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
You are naive if you believe Patraeus had his life ruined for less, you can tell Trump supporters just by them parroting that one line. Patraeus shared secrets with a socialite. Your best argument against Clinton is that something became top secret after it came to her server which still means it was contained within the government.

its like saying the guy who willing gave his phone to a hacker did far less then the person who left their phone in their own locked car.
Be honest, you would still vote for Hilary even if she is guilty of a felony.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2015, 12:26 PM

4,761 posts, read 7,835,363 times
A copy of the server is to be turned over on a thumb drive? I just heard this. Is this accurate? My question is why isn't the actual server being turned over? That just seems ridiculous to me. No one else would have the luxury of turning over a thumb drive.

If this turns out to be just a bunch of mud slinging, I hope those slinging the mud have the decency to apologize with the same gusto with which they accused her. If she has broken laws, I hope she is punished to the fullest extent of the law and no quarter spared. Everyone should be concerned about this and not treat it like a political stunt or witch hunt. If she takes chances with sensitive information, that should be of great concern to us all, and should be a clear indicator of how reckless she would be as President.

Old 08-12-2015, 12:30 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,820,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spankys bbq View Post
A copy of the server is to be turned over on a thumb drive? I just heard this. Is this accurate? My question is why isn't the actual server being turned over? That just seems ridiculous to me. No one else would have the luxury of turning over a thumb drive.

If this turns out to be just a bunch of mud slinging, I hope those slinging the mud have the decency to apologize with the same gusto with which they accused her. If she has broken laws, I hope she is punished to the fullest extent of the law and no quarter spared. Everyone should be concerned about this and not treat it like a political stunt or witch hunt. If she takes chances with sensitive information, that should be of great concern to us all, and should be a clear indicator of how reckless she would be as President.
The emails that were on the server after Hillary deleted half of them were then put on the thumb drive and given to a citizen. Of course some of the emails on this thumb drive are top secret that she gave away. She then deleted everything on the server to try and hide the emails that she deleted and did not turn over.

If someone with similar clearness handled sensitive information like she did they would have been immediately fired and most likely brought up on criminal charges.

Old 08-12-2015, 12:38 PM

4,761 posts, read 7,835,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
The emails that were on the server after Hillary deleted half of them were then put on the thumb drive and given to a citizen. Of course some of the emails on this thumb drive are top secret that she gave away. She then deleted everything on the server to try and hide the emails that she deleted and did not turn over.

If someone with similar clearness handled sensitive information like she did they would have been immediately fired and most likely brought up on criminal charges.

So, why isn't the actual server being turned over? I agree that anyone else would be fired and brought up on charges. The double standard is sickening. Makes you wonder what dirt she has on people. Maybe she learned a thing or two from J. Edgar Hoover.

Old 08-12-2015, 12:42 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,820,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spankys bbq View Post
So, why isn't the actual server being turned over? I agree that anyone else would be fired and brought up on charges. The double standard is sickening. Makes you wonder what dirt she has on people. Maybe she learned a thing or two from J. Edgar Hoover.
The server is being turned over, after Hillary has had months to wipe it clean.

Old 08-12-2015, 12:43 PM

17,619 posts, read 17,665,401 times
A strong and impartial FBI and US Justice Department would get a warrant then go to her home to confiscate her entire email server as well as other electronic storage devices. They would then have IT people with proper classification security clearance go through every email and document on every piece of electronic device. Any email found to not contain classified information will be set aside to return to Mrs. Clinton. Any email or document found to contain classified information will be held by the FBI and or Justice Department for further review. Those documents found to contain classified information will then be further researched to find out who received or sent this classified information and whether or not Mrs. Clinton shared classified information with people who did not have the proper clearance to send/receive this information. If Mrs. Clinton did in fact send classified information to people without proper clearance then prosecute her like they did to former General Petraeus. I doubt they'd be willing to go that far with a Democratic candidate for President. I know the US Secret Service hope and pray she does not become President or Vice President.

Old 08-12-2015, 12:47 PM

1,984 posts, read 1,700,367 times
Quote:

When you think about it, this shows how utterly despicable a lawyer like she is can be.

She has a server with 50-something thousand e-mails on it when State says 'cough up your official e-mails.' She has a legal team select 20-something-thousand e-mails, totaling 55,000 paper pages, for release to State. These are transferred to a thumb drive. Then they are printed out onto paper - again, 55,000 paper pages. Then the thumb drive goes to her lawyers office (which a generally immune from search warrants) and the paper pages go to State. THAT's the thumb drive that David Kendall, her civilian lawyer, is supposed to give to the Bureau. Then the server, with her 20-something thousand official e-mails and 30-something thousand 'yoga and wedding' emails, is erased.

Now here is State Department, looking at 55,000 pieces of paper, trying to answer a zillion FOIA requests and court orders for her e-mails. Unfortunately - and Clinton knows this - they haven't worked off hard paper in 20 years. All their systems are computerized. So they have to subject all these pages to OCR, verify the reading, and then work off .pdf and .gif files - which is incredibly difficult to do.

Had she just made two thumb drives and given the second one to the State Department, all these messages would have been uploaded, administrated and processed for clearing in (1) a fraction of the time, and (2) probably in a format that State could have directly used. But she didn't; she delivered 55,000 pieces of paper - all while bragging to the media about how proactive she is, and how well she cooperated immediately, and how she wants State to release these messages right away.

How two-faced can you get.

Old 08-12-2015, 12:59 PM

594 posts, read 346,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Sh*t, meet Fan...Fan, Sh*t.

FBI seize Hillary
The FBI better make sure they ask nicely.

Great timing by the way, since the hard drives are sure to have been wiped and rendered completely uselss. Taking the servers six months ago might have preserved some evidence, but that server is most likely been turned into a useless boat anchor now.

Old 08-12-2015, 01:02 PM

26,497 posts, read 15,074,947 times
Quote:
The server is being turned over, after Hillary has had months to wipe it clean.
Exactly just like Lois Lerner, half a dozen other people under Investigation at the IRS for targeting conservatives, and the backup memory tapes...all accidentally destroyed or wiped clean.

We live in a banana republic, the DOJ is fine with this.

Old 08-12-2015, 01:12 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,084,767 times
I thought she had a bulldozer run over that thing already.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies