Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2015, 02:33 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,841,434 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey
Numerous studies have proven that babies show preference in toys based on gender from birth? Why do people insist that gender has no biological basis?
Because they are stupid and so is target for doing this!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2015, 02:39 AM

Thumbs down *

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobsnow
Target Angers Customers With Its Stores' New Non-Gendered Policy
Well for 1 thing It will be harder finding stuff!!!!

ITS STUPID AND THEY HAVE EVERY RIGHT TO BE MAD!!!!!!! (More stupid PC crap)

Old 08-14-2015, 04:27 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,749,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post

Are you seriously saying that you need a sign to tell you when you are in the toy department????

Old 08-14-2015, 05:07 AM

4,214 posts, read 3,760,732 times
Everyone is trying to fix stuff that isn't broken. If this isn't such a big deal why would Target even announce such a change instead of just making the change one night while the store was closed? Its all about publicity. Corporations used to be about making the majority happy now it seems they cater to the small groups that make a big stink over nothing. They are more worried about offending someone than telling them if they don't like it they can shop somewhere else. As someone I recently heard say, "we don't have time for PC".

Old 08-14-2015, 06:41 AM

15,865 posts, read 21,441,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post

You'll just have to take a parent or guardian with you to help you figure it out.

Old 08-14-2015, 08:38 AM

2,014 posts, read 1,529,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadell View Post
I can't stand Salvation Army Bell Ringers. First off I don't like the organization, second, it's annoying as all hell.
They're the most efficient and effective charitable organization in the country. I don't give a hoot about their theology or religious practice. I suspect you don't like any religion.

Old 08-14-2015, 09:23 AM

3,063 posts, read 3,272,748 times
I don't shop at target at all, not for toys either. I never got the big deal about target. I still don't. I get my sons toys from Amazon or from an actual toy store. Nonetheless I don't really care either way about removing gender signs from aisles. As a parent I still control the purchasing decisions for my son, which means even if he saw a toy that obviously looks "girly" and wanted it I can say yes or no. Unless a child runs the home I fail to see how doing this will impact much beyond blending all the toys together. At the toy stores I shop at now they don't have gender signs and my son still wants the toys that are traditionally developed for boys. If my son saw a Barbie and wanted it because it was in the same section as cars, I will tell him "no. That is a doll for little girls", and then point him over to a ken Barbie doll( though to be frank I can't imagine my son wanting a doll).

I have no problem if other parents let their child play with whatever toys they want without worrying about gender but I raise my son the way I observed my parents raised my brother and sisters. They got my brother boy stuff, got me and my sisters girl stuff, and my sister that was a Tom boy got science stuff. I do not want my son playing dress up in little girl heels, and pink frill, and playing with princesses-sorry if I'm not being politically correct, but honestly i don't care. I prefer traditional gender roles and will not let this new gender nuetral movement influence my parenting.

Old 08-14-2015, 09:25 AM

25,849 posts, read 16,528,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith2187 View Post
I don't shop at target at all, not for toys either. I never got the big deal about target. I still don't. I get my sons toys from Amazon or from an actual toy store. Nonetheless I don't really care either way about removing gender signs from aisles. As a parent I still control the purchasing decisions for my son, which means even if he saw a toy that obviously looks "girly" and wanted it I can say yes or no. Unless a child runs the home I fail to see how doing this will impact much beyond blending all the toys together. At the toy stores I shop at now they don't have gender signs and my son still wants the toys that are traditionally developed for boys. If my son saw a Barbie and wanted it because it was in the same section as cars, I will tell him "no. That is a doll for little girls", and then point him over to a ken Barbie doll( though to be frank I can't imagine my son wanting a doll).

I have no problem if other parents let their child play with whatever toys they want without worrying about gender but I raise my son the way I observed my parents raised my brother and sisters. They got my brother boy stuff, got me and my sisters girl stuff, and my sister that was a Tom boy got science stuff. I do not want my son playing dress up in little girl heels and playing with princesses-sorry if I'm not being politically correct, but honestly i don't care.
OH OH, get ready to be attacked by liberals for that opinion. Otherwise I agree with what you're saying here.

Old 08-14-2015, 09:42 AM

3,063 posts, read 3,272,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
OH OH, get ready to be attacked by liberals for that opinion. Otherwise I agree with what you're saying here.
Ha I don't care at all what other liberals have to say about it. I'm moderate but I tend to swing left on many social issues but this is one area where I am conservative. Like I said I don't care what other parents do with their children or with target implementing this, I will still parent my own child the way I see fit and my personal beliefs are that boys are different from girls(biologically and socially) and I identify this by reinforcing to my son that he is a boy. Now if other parents want to rear their child differently then more power to them. My son goes to a private Christian pre-k to 8th grade school anyway so the reinforcement he gets at school about traditional roles and from myself will have greater influence then this current movement that stores are falling in step with, which btw I believe is only being done for profit. Looking more "trendy", and socially acceptable to the demographic group that shops there.

I don't even like target, the few times I tried to shop there it felt overpriced and not worth it. The kid section for preschool boys sucks. Maybe if I had a little girl I would shop there for the clothes at least but beyond there is nothing at target that is so special that I cannot get anywhere else. *shrugs*

Old 08-14-2015, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg
Are you seriously saying that you need a sign to tell you when you are in the toy department????
Nooooo I guess not.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies