Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2015, 05:21 PM

3,190 posts, read 3,184,669 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
You wish.
I wish what? That Hillary is trouncing the GOP in the polls or that Sanders could win? One is a fact and the other is purely logical. Sanders has the sort of momentum that Obama had in the 08 election(but earlier) and the Republicans are tripping over each other to make themselves unelectable in a general election.

Old 08-24-2015, 05:23 PM

15,631 posts, read 10,386,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MordinSolus View Post
That is not a smart bet. I would suggest you never gamble.
Ha ha. Let's talk next year about bets.

Old 08-24-2015, 05:29 PM

17,622 posts, read 17,656,125 times
Hillary has been as Teflon as her husband for decades. Seems she's worn away that Teflon and this email scandal is sticking. Unless money, blackmail, a mysterious death, or political favors comes into play then she will be brought up on federal charges and if there is any justice, she'll spend time in federal prison.

Old 08-24-2015, 05:31 PM

3,507 posts, read 764,084 times
to reply to the original title of the thread " only if there is a GOD " ..

Old 08-24-2015, 05:32 PM

17,622 posts, read 17,656,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MordinSolus View Post
RealClearPolitics - 2016 Presidential Race

The email scandal hasn't significantly hurt her in head-to-head match ups. Not a single GOP candidate can beat her at this point.
The only poll that counts is the one taken on Election Day. All others are a meaningless waste of time.

Old 08-24-2015, 06:08 PM

3,190 posts, read 3,184,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
The only poll that counts is the one taken on Election Day. All others are a meaningless waste of time.
That's a platitude for losers. Polling has never been more accurate and reliable than it is today. Remember when the Romney campaign kept saying the polls didn't matter? Their platitudes and delusions blinded them too.

Old 08-24-2015, 07:01 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,798,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
First of all listen closely, as I have told you this before. Anytime you use Wiki as a source, you diminish your credibility.
There is a reason even liberal academia is prohibiting it in college and HS for research. That is because it is the tool of the lazy and ignorant. Too lazy to take the time to find a credible source further down the page/s, and too ignorant to recognize mistakes/misinformation/fabrication even if it is obvious to others.

Second, you are being disingenuous since many liberals who voted for Obama are turning on Hillary, because of her indefensible and self inflicted wound. Yet people like you want to make it seem as if everything she did was above board. Remember they are not right wing fans either, but are to the point of not being able to stomach Hillary's continued lies/deceit.

Lastly, as I have pointed out to you, your engineer claim or whatever else you say is somehow applied in her defense even if you now claim not to be a big fan of hers. But I doubt you really ask yourself if you would be making the same excuses if it were Cheney in the same boat.
We both know what the answer to that is, even if you won't be honest about it.

`
So you admit to being one of those boring intellectuals snobs unable to sort through a wiki? The wiki usage here was exactly appropriate. A light weight source to end a light weight argument. If you had the faintest idea what you are talking about we could go a little heavier but it is obviously not needed.

The turning of the Obama fans on Hilary, like may such things, occurs only in the imagination of the right wing yoyo brigade. Helps them find hope where none is warranted. Check the head to head polls. The only thing in doubt is the margin.

If, by some truly unfortunate chain of events, Cheney became SofS or some other head of a cabinet dept. I would expect him to have the same privileges and prerogatives that Clinton had. This is all right wing idiocy not something that infects others.

Old 08-24-2015, 08:31 PM

10,065 posts, read 7,235,755 times
I was in the military as an intelligence analyst and worked with the SIPRnet, etc...

Everyone who works with classified documents commits a security violation once in a while. Part of my job was to maintain documents in correct databases and sometimes even I slipped up. When you mess up, usually you notice pretty quickly, get written up, avoid the problem in the future and life goes on.

Typically law enforcement or for the military - counter-intel - only gets involved when there's intentional disclosure. I doubt that Hillary Clinton as secretary of state had any particular intent to disclose classified information.

Heck, thanks to Chelsea Manning and Edward Snowden, most of the stuff that was on SIPRnet up to a couple years ago is on wikileaks.

So functionally this is not a big deal for Clinton. However, it reminds us all of what we didn't like about the Clintons in general. Why have a private server?? She says Colin Powell did it, well wouldn't you want to c.y.a. better than that? It reminds me of Nixon saying the taping system had actually been LBJ's. Which it was but who gave a crap? You could have gotten rid of it and saved yourself a whole lot of trouble.

I doubt what she did counts as prison-worthy security violations. There is a problem with over-classification. I used to surf the SIPRnet on my downtime looking for something interesting and there's not much there that can't be found on the normal internet, just with different spin. Maybe 35% of the stuff that 's classified Secret should actually be Secret, Maybe 45-55% of the Top Secret should actually be, etc... There's a TON of stuff on those systems that's classified when at worst it should actually be "for official use only" (FOUO).

However, CAN law enforcement and prosecutors drag this out and make her look bad? Heck yeah they can. I saw some security violations get prosecuted vengefully because that person was on the wrong side of whoever, and Hillary Clinton is definitely on the bad side of many.

Last edited by redguard57; 08-24-2015 at 08:46 PM..

Old 08-25-2015, 07:37 AM

1,994 posts, read 1,520,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
So you admit to being one of those boring intellectuals snobs unable to sort through a wiki? The wiki usage here was exactly appropriate. A light weight source to end a light weight argument. If you had the faintest idea what you are talking about we could go a little heavier but it is obviously not needed.

The turning of the Obama fans on Hilary, like may such things, occurs only in the imagination of the right wing yoyo brigade. Helps them find hope where none is warranted. Check the head to head polls. The only thing in doubt is the margin.

If, by some truly unfortunate chain of events, Cheney became SofS or some other head of a cabinet dept. I would expect him to have the same privileges and prerogatives that Clinton had. This is all right wing idiocy not something that infects others.
The polls? This can't be serious. Right now there are likely more people surveyed who are hoping she gets the democrat nomination because she has zero chance of getting elected than anything else. That Hillary continues to lie isn't surprising, that there are people who still believe anything she says really is.

Old 08-25-2015, 08:05 AM

11,110 posts, read 9,810,680 times
The same people who are breathlessly certain that Hillary Clinton is going to prison for high crimes are the same ones who were certain that she was going to prison for Whitewater. You remember Whitewater, don't you? That real estate deal that multiple Republican independent counsels investigated and determined involved no Clinton wrongdoing?

And these are the same people who thought that Hillary Clinton was going to prison for murdering Vince Foster in Fort Marcy Park - another occurrence investigated repeatedly by independent counsels and found to be nothing more prosaic than what it obviously was all along to the non-Kool-Aid drinkers, a suicide.

And this same bunch of detached-from-reality folk were the ones convinced, seven years ago, that there was a 'Whitey tape' - remember that, the supposed tape featuring Michelle Obama ranting and raving about 'whitey'? The tape that never actually existed at all?

If there's one legacy of Fox News it is that it perpetually sets up the right to be disappointed. It tells them that up is down so vociferously that they believe it. Then they're completely blindsided when it turns out that up is, in fact... just up. And they never learn. A week later, they're being told once again that up is down and they buy. Every single time, they eat it up.

One would think they'd eventually figure it out...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies