Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2015, 05:32 PM

37,961 posts, read 22,143,591 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~HecateWhisperCat~ View Post
They do, and they also have the choice to get an abortion. It's rather circular argument isn't it?
They can also behave recklessly, with unprotected sex,promiscuous sex, and not bother with birth control, and use free abortion clinics as birth control.

Old 08-13-2015, 05:44 PM

15,526 posts, read 10,496,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
I've yet to meet anyone who got an abortion for free. How many such women have you met?
Now that you mention it, I don't know anybody that has received anything free from Planned Parenthood. Well, except for maybe a sack of free condoms from the manufacturer, not the government. Everybody I know pays, they just go because it's convenient. While everyone is busy arguing choice vs life, they could be cooking their books.

Old 08-13-2015, 06:28 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernbored View Post
I mean, the pro-lifers who fight and scream to fight abortion, but then call the parents deadbeats and say they shouldn't have had a kid. I am not saying ALL pro-lifers, just certain ones. Chill out
Chill out? You said yourself, those of us who happen to be pro life forget about kids after they are born. That is an outright lie. We do not. As for parents being deadbeats, many of them are, but these same parents had opportunities to abort and they choose to keep their babies. In many cases it was due to knowing the government would give them more money.

Old 08-13-2015, 06:30 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,171,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Chill out? You said yourself, those of us who happen to be pro life forget about kids after they are born. That is an outright lie. We do not. As for parents being deadbeats, many of them are, but these same parents had opportunities to abort and they choose to keep their babies. In many cases it was due to knowing the government would give them more money.
Then you should be more worried about this than abortions....yet we rarely see threads about child hunger in the US on this site, but we do see people who claim to be "pro-life" creating threads about abortion and posting about abortion daily.

Child Hunger & Poverty Fact Sheet | Feeding America®

Old 08-13-2015, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Since Medicaid doesn't cover abortions in Texas, why would they go to Texas? And Medicaid doesn't cover abortions in Arkansas, either. Of course, in Arkansas, it's pretty darn difficult to get an abortion anyway, since there are only two facilities that perform abortions in the entire state. So even if someone had insurance that covered an abortion, it's unlikely that the insurance would also cover the travel costs, the hotel costs, and so on.

15 states have Medicaid that cover or will partially cover abortions. And I believe the Medicaid regulations are that you have to live in those states to get the coverage, though I could be wrong. Plus, each state has various criteria attached to the Medicaid provision.

Can Medicaid cover my abortion? | Fund Abortion Now.org
I can assure you, young girls do go to Texas from OK to get their abortions. It happened to our granddauther herself. Her baby had no forehead or nose and her brain was outside the head. There was no choice but to abort and yes, she had it in Texas as she lived in Ok at the time. Her insurance did pay, but she knew young girls who did abort in Texas and there was no charge. I said, medicaid as I assumed that is how the abortion was paid for, I do not know where the funds came from, but there was no charge. It about broke her heart, as she is pro life and her decision was so hard while she is watching others aborting because they either neglected to use birth control or just decided the time for a baby was not now and yes, many were not paying for the abortion. If nothing else, I do not think the government should pay for abortions.

Old 08-13-2015, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Ah yes, the proverbial "I know someone argument" which is added with "I should know because I" argument.
Read my statement i just made; I more than know someone, it happened in our family. How dare you to question me!!!! Have you personally had an abortion or has a family member gone though the agony? Do you have any idea what it is like to watch two babies die, or what it is like to try for years to have a baby, just to have the baby badly deformed and you have to make the decision, based on medical reasons and not selfish reasons whether to carry the baby or not?

Old 08-13-2015, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Why are you under the assumption that I care? It makes you look foolish to blindly throw out accusations when you know nothing about my positions.
and you don't look foolish throwing our accusations? Who personally attacked me when you knew nothing about my situation or my family's?.

Old 08-13-2015, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Then you should be more worried about this than abortions....yet we rarely see threads about child hunger in the US on this site, but we do see people who claim to be "pro-life" creating threads about abortion and posting about abortion daily.

Child Hunger & Poverty Fact Sheet | Feeding America®
And do you have any idea how many hours and how much help some of us give to families in need, whether it is working at food pantries, helping with kids needing extra attention in school or helping people get to doctors appointments? Do you give hours a week of your time to help those in need? I do and so do many of my friends.

BTW. what do you think the answer is for addressing child hunger? Are we supposed to be so pro abortion we force women to have them? Many of those who choose abortion could easily afford their babies, they just don't want to be bothered and are too selfish to choose adoption? Those depending on help from the community could care less.

Old 08-13-2015, 06:57 PM

3,016 posts, read 3,909,526 times
Quote:
A YEAR in a neonatal intensive care unit. How much did that cost?
Less than Obama's last vacation.

Less than the last military drone that 'accidently' killed children at an elementary school in the middle east.

Less than the over $12 billion in cash that is still missing / unaccounted for that the CIA was playing with in Iraq.

Less than the property damage caused by the riots in Ferguson.

Less than the amount of debt Donald Trump didn't have to pay after his last bankruptcy.

Less than all of the hundreds of millions of dollars that are sent annually by the US to countries that want to destroy the US.

And less than what it cost to set up the Obama are website, which still doesn't work right.

Old 08-13-2015, 08:21 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,520,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I can assure you, young girls do go to Texas from OK to get their abortions. It happened to our granddauther herself. Her baby had no forehead or nose and her brain was outside the head. There was no choice but to abort and yes, she had it in Texas as she lived in Ok at the time. Her insurance did pay, but she knew young girls who did abort in Texas and there was no charge. I said, medicaid as I assumed that is how the abortion was paid for, I do not know where the funds came from, but there was no charge. It about broke her heart, as she is pro life and her decision was so hard while she is watching others aborting because they either neglected to use birth control or just decided the time for a baby was not now and yes, many were not paying for the abortion. If nothing else, I do not think the government should pay for abortions.
That is a terrible thing to go through. But why is her abortion ok and others are not? Just the reasoning behind it? Many women have abortions for similar reasons.

I know of no instances where Medicaid has paid for an abortion but perhaps it varies by state.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies