Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2015, 01:35 AM

15,823 posts, read 12,463,404 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
To whoever left me the reputation comment: "Your friend needs to stop using PP for her "need to know" whims. Pee sticks also confirm pregnancies and her doc could have taken blood to confirm as well."

You missed the point, she wanted a confirmation and her, now former, doctor wanted to wait. I don't think I'd be to comfortable telling someone who was trying to get pregnant that their wanting to know is a whim, but oh well.
Must be the same anonymous coward who left me a rep comment: "No abortions should be performed past pee on the stick stage. Usually for the dummies, that's around 8 weeks."

Old 08-14-2015, 04:00 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,118,325 times
I'm a staunch supporter of choice, but if you've taken it to 24 weeks and there are no fetal abnormalities or danger to the mothers health involved, the loving thing to do at that point is to just give the baby up for adoption. IMHO

24 weeks is different than 10-12 weeks IMHO .

If the baby is unlikely to be adopted due to abnormalities, that makes the decision much harder. If the mothers life is at risk and she already has a family that depends on her, that's a no-brainier. IMHO

I have lots of humble opinions, don't I?

See why this is incredibly personal, and belongs in private between a woman, a man, her doctor, her family, her conscience, and not YOU?

Old 08-14-2015, 05:28 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
That is a terrible thing to go through. But why is her abortion ok and others are not? Just the reasoning behind it? Many women have abortions for similar reasons.

I know of no instances where Medicaid has paid for an abortion but perhaps it varies by state.
I just know, according to her, the government does pay for abortions. I will have to pin her down next time we get together for a family dinner. As for her abortion and abortions overall; I understand you probably have not read this entire thread or paid much attention to my comments on the subject in the past, but I have always felt and stated there are rare times when abortion is ok as I see it. This was one of them: when a girl is under 14 is another: insest and rape are two others. When Ronald Reagan signed the abortion bill while still governor of Calif. the law was very spacific as to when abortion was legal and acceptable. Of course I doubt seriously you were even around then. You have probably always lived with Roe versus Wade.

Old 08-14-2015, 05:39 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
And yet here we have threads about how abortions should be banned, especially after 20 weeks when the facts show that women who are having abortions at that point aren't doing it because they just don't want to give birth to a baby.

This is no lie, this is the fact that the "pro-life" anti-choice crowd keeps crowing.
Again, you are using exceptions to discredit those who have strong feelings about abortion. Many of us would never want to see someone die because of child birth, but also we know, the chances of a mothers life be in danger is so rare it probably has no statistics, Even most, obviously not you, who are pro choice do not believe in late term abortion. If the % is so low, like you claim why do you really care?

I will say, obviously there is a huge split on how we view abortion. I, for one, though I consider myself pro life, do see exceptions and no, I do not want to see Roe versus Wade overturned. I am just sorry it was ever the law. You can go ahead and claim these are not babies, even when they have reached a stage where they can breath and exist on their own, that is the law and your choice, but for God's sake, do understand, there are many alternatives to abortion.

Old 08-14-2015, 06:09 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,281,720 times
For the yahoo who repped me without saying their name, viability is not 21 weeks. You need to seriously do some research.

Old 08-14-2015, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by klaucka View Post
do you really believe that the 1,000,000 or so abortions done every year are due to failed birth control? especially with many of those being repeat procedures? bottom line is that many women are now densensitized to abortion and dont get overly concerned with birth control because abortion is easily available.
if a woman really wants to not get pregnant she can double down on birth control methods and pretty much ensure it wont happen.
Of please stop making stuff up . Abortions decline every years because of the increased use of birth control.

Old 08-14-2015, 06:34 AM

25,847 posts, read 16,528,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih2puo View Post
Blob of tissue.

My body. My choice.

Womens rights.
Really? I tell you what, when "science" can figure out how to regrow hair, just regrow hair..not something complicated like what causes a cold or how to cure it...just regrow hair..then maybe they will be slightly qualified enough to determine when a human being should be considered human.

This justifying murdering babies in the womb is mass insanity.

Old 08-14-2015, 06:35 AM

And for the second yahoo who repped me. Of course I know Jesus! He and I are drinking buddies . Can't hold his liquor for **** though. I jest however. I am a pagan, so my desire to know Jesus is limited to historical facts.

Old 08-14-2015, 06:36 AM

25,847 posts, read 16,528,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~HecateWhisperCat~ View Post
Of please stop making stuff up . Abortions decline every years because of the increased use of birth control.
Actually because of education. Teaching young women just how morally wrong abortion is and what they have to live with and helping them to understand that not having sex or at least using birth control is the smart option.

Abortion is the ultimate ignorant option. There is nothing dumber.

Old 08-14-2015, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Actually because of education. Teaching young women just how morally wrong abortion is and what they have to live with and helping them to understand that not having sex or at least using birth control is the smart option.

Abortion is the ultimate ignorant option. There is nothing dumber.
Yes, education that about using birth control. Very few of them care what the anti abortion position on the matter is. Using an archaic religious belief as justification on why abortions should not happen is the ultimate ignorant option. There is really nothing dumber.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies