Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2015, 08:52 AM

1,603 posts, read 1,112,769 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
The majority of women seeking abortions are single mothers, in their 20's. Do you think they have thousands of dollars at their disposal?

I'm very happy that you have a healthy child that you wanted, and that you can now cherish.

But YOUR reality isn't everyone else's reality. For many women, an unwanted pregnancy can mean financial ruin. It can mean ending up homeless, for themselves and the children they already have. These women aren't being selfish thinking of themselves. Who else is going to think of them? You? And what of the others who blame them for having abortions, and then blame them for not having abortions and being "welfare queens". They have every right to consider the impact an unwanted pregnancy is going to have on their lives, and for taking the action that's right for them.
Blame the DemoKKKrats for ruining affordable healthcare at the behest of their whoreporate masters.

You're putting the cart before the horse.

Old 08-13-2015, 08:53 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,295,184 times
Quote:
It's MATURE and RESPONSIBLE to think of the costs involved, financial and otherwise. And there is nothing wrong with women considering themselves and their families.
That seems to be the view of the government with regard to Obamacare/Medicare and older people. Sarah Palin and others referred to this as "death panels" to determine if care should be continued.

Old 08-13-2015, 08:55 AM

25,939 posts, read 22,089,429 times
Quote:
Probably one of the biggest reasons women choose abortion is the cost of pregnancy and giving birth, especially if there are potential complications, and the cost of raising a child.

Most women who have abortions have already had children or are raising children, so the consideration of the financial impact of an unwanted pregnancy is perfectly legitimate and valid. It's MATURE and RESPONSIBLE to think of the costs involved, financial and otherwise. And there is nothing wrong with women considering themselves and their families.
Adoption. Anyone that doesn't want to end the life of their baby can explore adoption. Depending on the agency, the pre-natal, delivery and cost of living during the pregnancy can be covered. Choosing life? You can't wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih2puo View Post
Now if only society would take that mindset toward the leeches of society.
You mean like the illegals: The Fiscal Burden of Illegal Immigration on United States Taxpayers (2013) where a few simple steps like removing birthright citizenship, e-verifying ALL jobs and heavy fines for those employers hiring under the table.

Or maybe prison reform where we only take those off the street that are a danger to themselves and others: http://www.vera.org/sites/default/fi...ion-021914.pdf and let the rest of them earn their own way.

Quote:
The majority of women seeking abortions are single mothers, in their 20's. Do you think they have thousands of dollars at their disposal?

I'm very happy that you have a healthy child that you wanted, and that you can now cherish.

But YOUR reality isn't everyone else's reality. For many women, an unwanted pregnancy can mean financial ruin. It can mean ending up homeless, for themselves and the children they already have. These women aren't being selfish thinking of themselves. Who else is going to think of them? You? And what of the others who blame them for having abortions, and then blame them for not having abortions and being "welfare queens". They have every right to consider the impact an unwanted pregnancy is going to have on their lives, and for taking the action that's right for them.
Again, adoption. https://www.childwelfare.gov/pubPDFs...e=2&view=Birth Parent Expenses and agency adoption and I chose this one since they also do special needs adoption and we used this agency: https://www.kcsl.org/Heart_To_Home_B..._Services.aspx So, you really don't need to kill your baby but the law gives that option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winning Guy View Post
Is there a point of no return in your opinion? Is there a point in pregnancy where you say, "You had your chance to abort. But it's too late now. That it's a human life and you no longer have the right to end it."
Well, unless science is wrong, life begins at conception and here are many opinions on that: Why Life Begins at Conception | NAAPC

Abortions are for the sake of convenience. Its the woman's body and if she doesn't want a child, she needs to take some personal responsibility. Years and years ago, women managed not to get pregnant and they had very few choices in birth control. My parents managed to have only the 2 children they wanted using the more primitive methods of condoms and diaphragm. Most of the kids in my school had only 2 children in their family using the same methods or less. So, personal responsibility and not considering killing a baby as birth control.

No matter the name you call your baby, zygote or fetus, when you look up the meaning, it means an unborn mammal, not "tissue". Sorry but abortion stops a beating heart.

30,419 posts, read 20,295,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veneficus View Post
Everyone has insurance now remember?

Have you forgotten the glorious ACA?

I was lucky our kid was born before the ACA, we only paid something like 2k out of pocket out of 120k.

With the Unaffordable Care Act it'd have been around 15k out of pocket.
Exactly. Obamacare is worthless for that reason.

42,732 posts, read 29,861,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
What is a human life worth?
I believe a human life is invaluable. I'd support a system where the costs of pregnancy were 100% free. Doctors' visits---free. Prenatal vitamins---free. Maternity clothes----free. Ultrasounds----free. Baby clothes, bottles, formula, babyfood, baby furniture----free, daycare---free. Because I believe a baby is precious. And I believe that women who are faced with these overwhelming costs feel helpless and defeated, and when you throw in the additional health risks (and make no mistake about it, pregnancy is much riskier than abortion), I can understand why a woman, already raising a child, would consider abortion the best choice available to her.

If you want to reduce the number of abortions, do something to make going through with a pregnancy the best choice.

Old 08-13-2015, 08:56 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,274,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
yea it does. I am sorry that hurts your feelings.
No, it doesn't. I'm sorry to crush your delusions here.

Old 08-13-2015, 09:00 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,861,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
the above is an odd argument

first part you suggest there is a point at which abortion should not happen (point of no return = viability)

second part no one should be stopping abortions after that "point of no return"

thank you. I have whiplash.

I think you are using that first part to cure your conscience while at the same time being utterly supportive of abortion up to delivery.

stop soft peddling it. you are good with all abortion at all time for every reason.
I don't believe it's an odd argument at all. I think it's rational. I believe that women are moral, responsible and intelligent. I believe that only a catastrophic change of circumstances would make a woman who's been pregnant for 6 months consider an abortion. I believe that when people who have no information about this woman, and who have their own agenda, try to pass judgment on this woman, that they are adding pain to what is already the most painful experience of this woman's life. And I cannot be a part of that.

I'm not pro-abortion. I'm pro-women.

Old 08-13-2015, 09:01 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,274,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Adoption. Anyone that doesn't want to end the life of their baby can explore adoption. Depending on the agency, the pre-natal, delivery and cost of living during the pregnancy can be covered. Choosing life? You can't wrong.

You mean like the illegals: The Fiscal Burden of Illegal Immigration on United States Taxpayers (2013) where a simple steps like removing birthright citizenship, e-verifying ALL jobs and heavy fines for those employers hiring under the table.

Or maybe prison reform where we only take those off the street that are a danger to themselves and others: http://www.vera.org/sites/default/fi...ion-021914.pdf and let the rest of them earn their own way.

Again, adoption. https://www.childwelfare.gov/pubPDFs...e=2&view=Birth Parent Expenses and agency adoption and I chose this one since they also do special needs adoption and we used this agency: https://www.kcsl.org/Heart_To_Home_B..._Services.aspx So, you really don't need to kill your baby but the law gives that option.

Well, unless science is wrong, life begins at conception and here are many opinions on that: Why Life Begins at Conception | NAAPC

Abortions are for the sake of convenience. Its the woman's body and if she doesn't want a child, she needs to take some personal responsibility. Years and years ago, women managed not to get pregnant and they had very few choices in birth control. My parents managed to have only the 2 children they wanted using the more primitive methods of condoms and diaphragm. Most of the kids in my school had only 2 children in their family using the same methods or less. So, personal responsibility and not considering killing a baby as birth control.

No matter the name you call your baby, zygote or fetus, when you look up the meaning, it means an unborn mammal, not "tissue". Sorry but abortion stops a beating heart.
Not really. You aren't pregnant at right at conception. It's hard to argue that life begins then when it's not evident it's going to happen.

Old 08-13-2015, 09:02 AM

1,603 posts, read 1,112,769 times
Quote:
I believe a human life is invaluable. I'd support a system where the costs of pregnancy were 100% free. Doctors' visits---free. Prenatal vitamins---free. Maternity clothes----free. Ultrasounds----free. Baby clothes, bottles, formula, babyfood, baby furniture----free, daycare---free. Because I believe a baby is precious. And I believe that women who are faced with these overwhelming costs feel helpless and defeated, and when you throw in the additional health risks (and make no mistake about it, pregnancy is much riskier than abortion), I can understand why a woman, already raising a child, would consider abortion the best choice available to her.

If you want to reduce the number of abortions, do something to make going through with a pregnancy the best choice.
What is this "free" you speak of?

Old 08-13-2015, 09:03 AM

624 posts, read 378,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~HecateWhisperCat~ View Post
Obviously. Any creature down to a virus is alive. Don't get what your point is.
You know exactly what the point is. You are just avoiding it.

Are you seriously comparing the baby to a virus? (which isn't technically alive, perhaps you meant bacteria)

So would you see killing this baby as the same thing as killing a virus?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies