Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2015, 06:47 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,665,937 times

Advertisements

Obama's policies, which have been polarizing, devicive, and unprescedented in the scope of presidential over-reach, has created a political environment in which people have had enough.

Economic problems and political extremism create a natural "reaction" to such policies. This is how communism and fascism were born- as a reaction to extreme political and economic conditions.

Obama's policies have created an environment in which Trump is appealing to many voters. If there was not-

1. record numbers of unemployed

2. record numbers living in poverty

3. record numbers on food stamps

4. declining wages

5. a POTUS who seems to ignore the law

6. expansion of far left political agendas

7. poor trade agreements which are killing the middle class and manufacturing

8. continued race baiting by the POTUS

9. weak foreign policy

10. open borders with wholesale importation of criminals

11. corruption in the White House not seen since the Grant administration

................................... there would be no Trump. Thank Obama for Trump.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2015, 08:38 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
Talking Obama "created" Trump

Only in the sense that Trump's foolish birther crusade of 4 years ago was Obama's creation.

No, the GOP fatcats sat back in their overstuffed chairs and chuckled at that spectacle, saying not one word about respect or decorum. In fact, Pubs in high elected office have been throwing cheap childish insults at the president for the past six and a half years.

Nope.

The Trump game is entirely a GOP creation. Now that it's being played on their court, they're mewling and whining about it. Yet they call themselves "the party of personal responsibility."

Look at it as a self-inflicted wound. Because that's exactly what it is.

Man up, Pubs.

Old 08-12-2015, 03:24 PM

15,632 posts, read 10,390,278 times
I think more than Obama, the growing, oppressive, Orwellian PC movement has made Trump the poster boy for the angriest people pushing back. And like Michael Brown, I think he is a terrible poster boy....

Old 08-12-2015, 03:26 PM

24,407 posts, read 26,956,157 times
Both parties created Trump, there is equal frustrations within the GOP. That's why Trump keeps leading his rivals when all political experts say, since Trump said XYZ this will be his downfall, but nope. The entire establishment on both sides is what created Trump.

Old 08-12-2015, 03:49 PM

23,559 posts, read 17,227,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Only in the sense that Trump's foolish birther crusade of 4 years ago was Obama's creation.

No, the GOP fatcats sat back in their overstuffed chairs and chuckled at that spectacle, saying not one word about respect or decorum. In fact, Pubs in high elected office have been throwing cheap childish insults at the president for the past six and a half years.

Nope.

The Trump game is entirely a GOP creation. Now that it's being played on their court, they're mewling and whining about it. Yet they call themselves "the party of personal responsibility."

Look at it as a self-inflicted wound. Because that's exactly what it is.

Man up, Pubs.

Obama is an alien to american culture and beliefs, where he was born, in HRC's words, what does it matter now..... Of course if we believe obama's own words in his biography he was not born in the USA. Oh well just another obama lie. Hey, you can keep your doctor.PERIOD! If you keep company with obama your in bad company.

"That theory first emerged in the spring of 2008, as Clinton supporters circulated an anonymous email questioning Obama’s citizenship. “Barack Obama’s mother was living in Kenya with his Arab-African father late in her pregnancy. She was not allowed to travel by plane then, so Barack Obama was born there and his mother then took him to Hawaii to register his birth,†asserted one chain email that surfaced on the urban legend site Snopes.com in April 2008. "

Old 08-12-2015, 03:59 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,094,955 times
I think you're giving Obama too much credit. The issue of political polarization is bigger than just specific people. Both sides have a vested interest in dividing the two sides. Sarah Palin even said as the cleverly named 'Freedom Summit' how proud she was that the people there were moving the center to the right.

And I'm very against political polarization. I lean left on most issues, but don't think that means conservatives should be not involved in political discourse. The center shouldn't be to the left or the right, it should be in the center. We need two parties who are ideologically different enough for genuine choice to be available, but also not so different that working together seems like an impossibility. And that's how it feels. The left/right game really seems more about one side winning and getting it's way that just having a civil compromise.

I use the gay marriage debate to support this point because I think it's the easiest to articulate. One side is basically claiming that marriage is a traditional part of our society and that it shouldn't be messed with while the other is saying it's discrimination against homosexuals to not offer the benefits of this tradition. Both sides make good points, and I do tend to agree with the left's position more as it is discrimination because governments marry people in order to get those benefits. But I feel that if compromise and civil discourse was to be had, gay marriage wouldn't be legalized through the Supreme Court. A middle ground should have been reached, one that allows marriage to remain traditional while also offering rights to same sex couples, and I think that could have been better done by saying courts will recognize civil unions for everyone and marriage can be between two people and their church or temple, or whatever, and not the government. This also gets the government out of something, which conservatives claim to like.

And that would have been a fair compromise. Liberals would achieve the state goal of equal rights, but not the marriage part, whereas conservatives get to keep the 'traditional marriage' part. It's compromise and sacrifice has to be made. This is how political discourse should be had, for the most part. We can talk about why that logic doesn't work for something like slavery, but that's a different issue.

And that's the thing with Trump though. He's polarizing. He does not achieve that compromise. Neither does Hillary, and most say the same about Bernie, though I don't think that's entirely accurate. Trump doesn't show an interest in working with the Democrats, and really, just about everything he says and does is not very Democrat. And this is why the mainstream media, which is largely liberal, loves him. It's making the divide bigger, and the bigger it gets, the hard it will be to bring it together. The media knows this and this is why he's all over the news. Tump's also smart enough to know what his voting base wants to hear, so he says it. The GOP probably hates him because he realistically can't win an election. Moderates really don't like him, from what I can tell. In fact, I've never even talked to a person outside of this forum that seems genuinely interested in voting for Trump. But I can also say the same about Hillary, which really makes me question the credibility of the media's polls, but then again, it's not impossible that I'm just talking to the wrong people.

None the less, Trump is just a part of the larger scale polarization done by the powers that be to divide the country, with the hope that one of the sides will win out as an overwhelming majority in the near future. Democratic policies will be easier to get buy when 80% of the country is Democrat. As someone who leans left, I see this as a bad thing. We need to be politically balanced and stable if we are to be an positive influence in the world.

Old 08-12-2015, 04:01 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,360,856 times
Trump created Trump. I would allow that Pres. Obama pioneered the model of exploiting the low-info voter, which Trump has eagerly embraced.

Old 08-12-2015, 04:02 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Obama may have played a role but it was a bit part. Ted Cruz could have dealt with the part Obama created as much as Trump.

The big players were Boehner and McConnel. They begged and cried (in Boehners case) for people to put them back in power and they would do everything they could to address ending Obamacare, illegal immigration, The IRS mess, etc etc etc.

Well they got power and forgot all about their promises. Trump falls directly in their laps.

Old 08-12-2015, 06:44 PM

89,023 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Obama is an alien to american culture and beliefs, where he was born, in HRC's words, what does it matter now..... Of course if we believe obama's own words in his biography he was not born in the USA.
Obama has said a lot of very odd things. In his Dreams from My Father book, he recounts his half-sister saying that only their half-brother Mark could prove Obama Sr was his father.

Quote:
[Obama quoting his half-sister, Auma:] "You know, as soon as the Old Man died, the lawyers contacted all those who might have a claim to the inheritance. Unlike my mum, Ruth has all the documents needed to prove who Mark's father was. So of all of the Old Man's kids, Mark's claim is the only one that's uncontested."
https://books.google.com/books?id=HR...%80%9D&f=false

If Obama's father's name was clearly present on Obama's BC all this time since 1961, why would his claim to an inheritance from his father be contested?

Last edited by InformedConsent; 08-12-2015 at 07:39 PM..

Old 08-12-2015, 07:26 PM

2,055 posts, read 1,448,820 times
A poster brought up the subject of gay marriage. Marriage has always been about legitimizing children ... even the political marriages of the middle ages were to produce offspring to unite politically. All of this hoopla about gay marriage is unnecessary because of a thing called ... civil unions.

I find other comments about The Donald being polarizing and unwilling to compromise. Hmmm ... BO "I won." Nancy ... refusing to deal with Republicans. Ditto for Harry. But now that they (Dims) don't control Congress, NOW we have to COMPROMISE. Hypocrites unite against The Donald.

I don't think The Donald has anything close to Benghazi, a personal email server, billing records, Whitewater, or myriad other scandalous crap. Oh, and BTW, The Donald is facing the press ... unlike her majesty.

But getting back to polarization ... does anyone here ask themselves what the "GREAT UNIFIER" has done to bring unity to this country? And what is your answer to my rhetorical question? Race relations are in the pits. Black murders/victims are of epic proportion. And 'the unifier' has time to urinate on cops (who in some cases, not all need it) and ignore the other innocent victims (yes, I am back on my victim soap box and offer zero apologies for it). And Yes, 'black lives matter' but even that crap statement is divisive.

Whose fault? Harry Truman sign on his desk ... "The buck stops here."

El Nox
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies