Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2015, 05:24 PM

10,219 posts, read 15,927,883 times

Advertisements

For me the choice is whoever the Republican nominee is, even if its Donald Trump who isn't my first choice. I prefer Ted Cruz, Marco Rubio, and Ben Carson over Trump. Kasich supports Obamacare and illegal immigration, and Jeb Bush supports illegal immigration. (Note that I am the son of LEGAL immigrants and a minority, but also a patriotic American, Christian, and Southerner).

It all comes down to this, if ANY Democrat wins the White House, the following will be guaranteed.

1. Obamacare (which I personally am a victim of) will never be repealed.
2. Illegal immigration will continue to be encouraged and illegal aliens will be given amnesty and in-state tuition using our tax money.

3. OUr national debt will continue to skyrocket as a direct result of the above and from other liberal social programs such as Pell grants for incarcerated criminals, free cell phones, more food stamps, etc. With the billions we owe China, I think we need to take a lesson from Greece and their debt crisis.

4. The war on coal in particular and the war against domestic energy independence will continue. I live in an area that has been devastated by Obama's war on coal and I personally have friends who have been affected by it. It goes beyond coal miners themselves if you look at the supporting industries like transportation, equipment, etc plus the money given to communities plus the coal severence tax. The Democrats are also against natural gas drilling as well as the Keystone pipeline. They are against any kind of energy thats not wind and solar. If the EPA regulations against coal are not repealed, peopel nationwide will also see utility bills skyrocket.

5. Planned Parenthood and abortion will continue to be supported and the rights of Christians will continue to be attacked. Liberal believe a woman should be able to get an abortion wherever and whenever she wants, but do not believe a doctor or nurse should have the right to not carry it out. Liberals and Democrats want abortion to be a required part of every medical school curriculum where someone cannot graduate med school and be a doctor without having performed an abortion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2015, 05:40 PM

5,913 posts, read 3,185,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
You have got to be kidding!

So you think a woman who has demonstrated to be devoid of any sense of ethics, morality and believes that laws do not apply to her is the best choice for POTUS????

If you still support Hillary after she "cleaned" her servers, you clearly just a liberal partisan who would vote for ANY lib, even if they are a career criminal who seeks only personal gain and power through the office.

Are you really that far gone?

SHE DELETED THE INCRIMINATING EVIDENCE FROM THE SERVER, FOR CHRIST'S SAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!
When was she indicted for anything? Do you know something.

Regardless, yes, I would vote for her simply b/c she is not an R. Simple as that! She is not my first choices. She leans too right for me. But, she can put Obama on the Supreme Court after the next one retires.

Old 08-13-2015, 05:52 PM

7,578 posts, read 5,326,422 times
Quote:
You have got to be kidding!
Not in the least bit!

Quote:
So you think a woman who has demonstrated to be devoid of any sense of ethics, morality and believes that laws do not apply to her is the best choice for POTUS????
Best choice? I didn't vote for Hillary in 2008 for the very reason that you've pointed out. I don't want to vote for Hillary in 2016, but it will be a cold day in hell before I vote for any Republican and that includes Jeb Bush who I like as a person.

Back in 2000, I briefly ascribed to the notion that African American should start to consider being active in both parties, just to keep things competitive, 4,000+ Americans dead later I would never give a second thought to such an idea. And that was when the GOP still had some semblance of sanity. Vote for a Republican now? I'd vote for the devil himself as long as he wasn't a Republican.

Quote:
If you still support Hillary after she "cleaned" her servers, you clearly just a liberal partisan who would vote for ANY lib, even if they are a career criminal who seeks only personal gain and power through the office.
Let me repeat, I would vote for any DEMOCRAT!

Quote:
Are you really that far gone?
I'm not the one who is far gone.

Old 08-13-2015, 05:53 PM

4,664 posts, read 8,242,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
For me the choice is whoever the Republican nominee is, even if its Donald Trump who isn't my first choice. I prefer Ted Cruz, Marco Rubio, and Ben Carson over Trump. Kasich supports Obamacare and illegal immigration, and Jeb Bush supports illegal immigration. (Note that I am the son of LEGAL immigrants and a minority, but also a patriotic American, Christian, and Southerner).

It all comes down to this, if ANY Democrat wins the White House, the following will be guaranteed.

1. Obamacare (which I personally am a victim of) will never be repealed.
2. Illegal immigration will continue to be encouraged and illegal aliens will be given amnesty and in-state tuition using our tax money.

3. OUr national debt will continue to skyrocket as a direct result of the above and from other liberal social programs such as Pell grants for incarcerated criminals, free cell phones, more food stamps, etc. With the billions we owe China, I think we need to take a lesson from Greece and their debt crisis.

4. The war on coal in particular and the war against domestic energy independence will continue. I live in an area that has been devastated by Obama's war on coal and I personally have friends who have been affected by it. It goes beyond coal miners themselves if you look at the supporting industries like transportation, equipment, etc plus the money given to communities plus the coal severence tax. The Democrats are also against natural gas drilling as well as the Keystone pipeline. They are against any kind of energy thats not wind and solar. If the EPA regulations against coal are not repealed, peopel nationwide will also see utility bills skyrocket.

5. Planned Parenthood and abortion will continue to be supported and the rights of Christians will continue to be attacked. Liberal believe a woman should be able to get an abortion wherever and whenever she wants, but do not believe a doctor or nurse should have the right to not carry it out. Liberals and Democrats want abortion to be a required part of every medical school curriculum where someone cannot graduate med school and be a doctor without having performed an abortion.

1. Good. It is a step in the right direction. It needs to be amended/changed for sure, and the republican candidates are absolutely not the people for the job.
2. Illegal immigration is not "encouraged" by any of the candidates on either side. How it is handled is different. If you think that building a wall, or talking tough are sensible policy options then that is up to you.
3. The worst fiscal Presidents have been republicans. The national debt has increased dramatically since 08 primarily because of the worst recession since the depression. The deficit should be lower than it is, but it was over $1tn when Obama took office, and is running around $430bn today. The republicans economic plans are terrible in this area. They are the same old rubbish: cut taxes, cut spending. Paul Ryan's budget would have increased the deficit and sent the US economy back into recession.
4. The war on coal is a needed one. Electing a President who thinks that global warming is a scientific conspiracy would be a horrendous mistake. The move toward reducing our reliance on coal, toward more renewable energy is not only desirable, its absolutely necessary.
5. Your rights as a"christian" do not extend to making birth choices for women. You have the right to practice your religion so go practice it. Just leave it out of my house. k?

Old 08-13-2015, 05:58 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,842,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
Serious question. What has she said or done that makes want to support her? It seems like the dems just take her side simply because she's a woman and she's running as a democrat.

That pretty much sums up why I will vote for her. I would vote for a dancing monkey before I would vote for any of the guys on the other team. The GOP is out of touch with reality and it being 2015.

You may not agree with my reasoning, but that is why we all vote.

Don

Old 08-13-2015, 06:10 PM

7,578 posts, read 5,326,422 times
Quote:
SHE DELETED THE INCRIMINATING EVIDENCE FROM THE SERVER, FOR CHRIST'S SAKE!
PS - I'm your allegations prove to be correct then I doubt that Hillary will be the nominee which would be fine with me. If they don't and she can defeat Sanders, Webb or Biden (all of whom I would support over Hillary) then Hillary 2016 will adorn my bumper (next to my Obama stickers ).

Old 08-13-2015, 10:55 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,822,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
Not in the least bit!

Best choice? I didn't vote for Hillary in 2008 for the very reason that you've pointed out. I don't want to vote for Hillary in 2016, but it will be a cold day in hell before I vote for any Republican and that includes Jeb Bush who I like as a person.

Back in 2000, I briefly ascribed to the notion that African American should start to consider being active in both parties, just to keep things competitive, 4,000+ Americans dead later I would never give a second thought to such an idea. And that was when the GOP still had some semblance of sanity. Vote for a Republican now? I'd vote for the devil himself as long as he wasn't a Republican.

Let me repeat, I would vote for any DEMOCRAT!

I'm not the one who is far gone.
So you are planning on voting for someone that voted for the war in Iraq and Afghanistan while the republicans running for president did not? Seems a little odd to me.

Old 08-14-2015, 12:54 AM

27,145 posts, read 15,318,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
When was she indicted for anything? Do you know something.

Regardless, yes, I would vote for her simply b/c she is not an R. Simple as that! She is not my first choices. She leans too right for me. But, she can put Obama on the Supreme Court after the next one retires.

So character means nothing in your world.

Old 08-14-2015, 01:18 AM

5,717 posts, read 3,146,486 times
Democrat goo-o-o-o-o-d. Republican ba-a-a-a-a-d. The sheep herders in the white house have done a fine job.

Old 08-14-2015, 02:19 AM

724 posts, read 593,306 times
I don't support her. But, You better believe I'd pick her over any of the looney tunes that Megan Kelley grilled the other night.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies