Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2015, 10:20 PM

2,201 posts, read 1,876,287 times

Advertisements

Well we wouldn't have to worry about college grads not knowing the names or number anymore ! Who was the 16 th President of the United States?..answer : Benjamin Franklin?
Seriously, we are at the end of the line with this magic dual
that has become way to complex and impossible to micro
manage. Let's replace this political mightmare with a rather
small managable " Peoples Forum" a bi-partison group of
12 all assigned to DC. ( rotating 2 on call 24/7 ). Eliminate
the House, Senate and Congress replaced by input , voting
and bills yea/nay via all states governors. Retain ambassa-
dors,Defense,Security, Forestry/Parks,Energy, Preparedness,
Infrastructure,Budget, Education ,Space / Technology and
Department of moral Censorship. Department of Restoration of
America ( God, School Prayer ( compliance optional) ,freedom
workshops ( cititzen input) . Eliminate IRS, become self suf-
ficient as possible ( two aspects of regaining freedom).

Last edited by openmike; 02-06-2015 at 11:30 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2015, 10:26 PM

19,025 posts, read 14,205,095 times
If you want a parliamentary democratic form, fine.
Unfortunately, this is an constitutionally limited indirect democracy, with a separation between the executive and legislative branches, that serves a republican form of government.

Old 02-06-2015, 10:37 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,281,720 times
And what would you do when the more urban areas dominate all the voting issues at the expense of the more less populated rural areas? Like it or not the system we have at least gives all areas a say in how this Country moves forward. If you allow only things to be done by direct vote than only a handful of areas will decide anything in this Country. How do you also plan on paying for all these departments if you have no more IRS? Also, why would it be a good thing to have a Department that pushes religion and school prayer when most people in this Country are not religious?

Old 02-06-2015, 10:53 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,527,281 times
If you want prayer in school, you'll have to eliminate the Supreme Court, as well. How 'bout county sheriffs?

Old 02-06-2015, 10:55 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,281,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
If you want prayer in school, you'll have to eliminate the Supreme Court, as well. How 'bout county sheriffs?
*Begins plucking out twangy Southern song on guitar* "I'm Sheriff Joe and I will help regulate society against the leftist hippy culture destroying scum that aims to drive out God and replace it with Gays."

Old 02-06-2015, 10:59 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times
Why would we want to eliminate one of three branches when they act as balance of power check on each other. People who claim one or the other is blocking progress are crazy. IMO. That is the check to avoid abuse of power.They all complain but would have it any other way to avoid that abuse.

Old 02-06-2015, 11:00 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,527,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidkitty View Post
*Begins plucking out twangy Southern song on guitar* "I'm Sheriff Joe and I will help regulate society against the leftist hippy culture destroying scum that aims to drive out God and replace it with Gays."

Highly recommended by the Nevada Bundys. "Let me tell you something else I know about Charley Pride."

Old 08-13-2015, 11:43 AM

12 posts, read 7,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
If you want a parliamentary democratic form, fine.
Unfortunately, this is an constitutionally limited indirect democracy, with a separation between the executive and legislative branches, that serves a republican form of government.
I wouldn't even call it democracy, because people don't decide anything in this country. And you forgot about mass media, I'd say rather they rule than people. But at the top of the power tree are our government and big businesses.

Old 08-13-2015, 01:24 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,295,500 times
Every one loves the Supreme Court until they vote in favor of something they don't like. Same with the president, and the senate, and congress. "If elected officials don't vote the way I believe, lets do away with their office."

Democracy.

Old 08-13-2015, 05:49 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,392,751 times
then who would give away all the money to other countries?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies