Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2015, 06:39 AM
PJA

2,462 posts, read 3,174,479 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
Whining doesn't work. What would you like? In terms of reparations?

That was done for the Native Americans who also got effed over when they lost their war with the English because of Tribalism. Reservations? Really? Is that what you want?

Reservations are pretty dismal. Would you like what the Establishment gave the Irish settlers, the Chinese , or maybe the Japanese concentration camps?

Tell me, please. Just what is it that you would like from those you view as " us" ?
They were not whining...merely stating facts. Sometimes the facts hurt but you still can't ignore them.

Old 08-15-2015, 07:17 AM

91 posts, read 112,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
I sympathize with the cause, but I think they're way off track on how they are approaching the issue, and they're mostly being irresponsible.
+1.

It's absolutely insane. As others have said, MLK would be ashamed at how they go about this now.

Old 08-15-2015, 07:45 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,719,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caltovegas View Post
People talk about crime and other social ills but seem to not even consider American history and the treatment of Blacks and others. Whatever problems there are didn't happen over night. Today it's really simple to get a bit of education. Just go to you tube. Look up Black Wall Street. Look up Rosewood. Heck just look up civil rights. Then just consider the cops of today shooting people and getting away with it... Killing someone should be a last resort. Being a cop is a job. How can anyone justify rolling up on a kid and just shooting him?

Yes Black lives matter. All lives matter but not all lives have to live the life of Blacks. Go ahead I dare you to do some research on the historical treatment of Blacks in the United States. If you really want to get froggy research the treatment of native Americans.

Pull yourself up by your bootstraps. Go get a job. Don't commit crime. Get married and start a family. Go back in history to understand the source. Interrupting a speech doesn't compare to a lynching. Yes Black lives matter... It's about time someone said it out loud...
They don't even treat their own right. Look at the baby mama's who is saddled with kids while baby daddy is off doing someone else. Is he treating his kids as if they matter? How are the kids supposed to feel that their lives matter?

Take care of your own. Be around, raise them, go to work and support them, give a damn about them doing well in school, show your kids you care.

Old 08-15-2015, 08:26 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,930,218 times
Burning of building would stop, no more rioting and bullying business people would stop. If they got real jobs and stopped following those who want to destroy them, may help a lot. Sometimes people are their own worst enemy!

Old 08-15-2015, 08:38 AM

8,069 posts, read 6,965,507 times
I wouldn't care if stupid race bating threads dissapeared overnight.

Old 08-15-2015, 08:38 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,719,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Burning of building would stop, no more rioting and bullying business people would stop. If they got real jobs and stopped following those who want to destroy them, may help a lot. Sometimes people are their own worst enemy!
The problem is they don't realize it and don't want to hear it when someone tells them. For some reason they think bullying others/society through rioting, PC, looting will work. That's the streets... it's how they live and they refuse to understand that others don't live by fear and bullying.

The media isn't helping either, they are putting them on show for entertainment value.

Old 08-15-2015, 09:13 AM

4,862 posts, read 7,959,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
Whining doesn't work. What would you like? In terms of reparations?

That was done for the Native Americans who also got effed over when they lost their war with the English because of Tribalism. Reservations? Really? Is that what you want?

Reservations are pretty dismal. Would you like what the Establishment gave the Irish settlers, the Chinese , or maybe the Japanese concentration camps?

Tell me, please. Just what is it that you would like from those you view as " us" ?

Who said anything about reparations? I just think many need to understand why things are the way they are. People in power destroyed the Black family and now blame what's going on on the Black community? One day I hope equality for all but deep wounds take time to heal. Yet the wounds have to be acknowledged. History is on you tube..

Old 08-15-2015, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
They don't even treat their own right. Look at the baby mama's who is saddled with kids while baby daddy is off doing someone else. Is he treating his kids as if they matter? How are the kids supposed to feel that their lives matter?

Take care of your own. Be around, raise them, go to work and support them, give a damn about them doing well in school, show your kids you care.
Here we go again. Who is their own? Educate yourself on how the Black family structure for the most part was dismantled. I'm talking about the structure of the two parent homes. You will see the role of the father was basically taken away by society generations ago. How can a family structure survive when a man can't support or protect his family?

The family is set upon and if the man retaliated he could be killed (lynched). What does that do to the family structure? Now as far as jobs and housing well we all know about that. You see there's a reason many Blacks worked for the government or became teachers. When society as a whole wouldn't act right (hire) the federal government steps in. Anyone remember red lining? So before people say the Blacks should______ just understand a bit of history and why things are the way they are.

Old 08-15-2015, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Once again there's a history of burning and taken to another level bombings. I have Whites in my family who I love dearly so my post are not black verse white. My post are about history and how the sins of the fathers are a direct cause of what's going on in society.

As for getting real jobs have you ever seen the stories about just having the "wrong" name can be a problem? Life can be real simple when you don't have to live it.

Enjoy this little eye opener.

https://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=VHyW5s6geOE

Old 08-15-2015, 09:50 AM

5,649 posts, read 5,959,480 times
I dont even care that the "black lives matter" boneheads are even around now. But, if they were to disappear overnight, I would probably host a party.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies