Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2015, 12:56 PM

3,530 posts, read 4,179,323 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Look....I can either choose to debunk your theories.....or focus on the implied premise of you and others argument. You can bring a horse to water but you cannot make them drink it. It is futile to bring a glass of the water of truth....when you have no thirst for it. You would rather have a carbonated sugary drink because you are addicted to such. However, what is clear here is that you and others are arguing black inferiority to whites and that this biological inferiority is what explain socioeconomic inferiority of blacks. The troubling part is that you do not see this belief, or yourselves, to be racist. You are so convinced of its truth, that blacks are inferior to whites, that you don't see yourselves as racist because truths cannot be racist....rather, just facts. At least admit this. If you are wrong....then you are a racist and part of the problem because such thoughts in the hands of hiring managers, police officers, judges, doctors, loan officers, teachers.....becomes detrimental to the well being and progress of African Americans.
Close thread. This is the real truth about race problems many prefer to ignore or deny: white supremacists belittling people of color and "librals" because they use logic and objective fact to refute inane racial hierarchy ideas.Well done, Indentured.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2015, 01:21 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,596,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
So true, but he falsely assumes that Democrats really want to uplift black people. Keeping black oppressed has been their mission since the days of slavery & segregation. Democrats know that keeping blacks dependent on white people ensures their power over them.
Yes, that's what he said too ...

Why do we do this? Why do we insist at looking at a black person as if just by the color of their skin, they can not succeed in life.

omg .... we have poor black trash and we have poor white trash. We have successful white folks and we have career driven black folks.

This stereotyping crap is for the birds. We can't stereotype diversity. It just doesn't work any more.

A black person unable to find work, fits in the same group as the white person unable to find work. Neither of the two are oppressed.

What will these threads look like when we have voted in a woman into the White House.

At the end of the day, we all bleed red and at the end of life, we all become dust. Equal from beginning to end. What we do in the middle, is drive each other crazy. We seem to be equally standing on common ground in that area, as well.

Old 08-16-2015, 04:59 PM

8,087 posts, read 9,841,048 times
Quote:
I am not talking about superficial reasoning, I am talking about a conscious effort to chose the photo over the video because the video shows what really happened while whites can make up (narrate) what happened in the photo, metaphorically speaking.

I remember this incident on the local news where a man was being carjacked by another man. Both were black. The police arrived at the scene quickly and when they did the actual intended victim had managed to wrestle the gun from the perpetrator and get advantage over him...but when the police arrived, they shot the victim (he survived). That is because the snapshot the police had did not contain the events prior to their arrival that showed that who they thought was the perpetrator was actually the victim. If all the evidence that was allowed was the Snapshot....then the actual victim would be victimized again and the actual perpetrator would have got off free. Fortunately, prior events were introduced and the actual victim was arrested. I am not sure if the victim was compensated for the police error.
I do not know what you refer to unless it was stated several threads before I joined. A metaphor based on the succeeding paragraph? Well, I have a similar story but it ended differently because the white person, me, did not assume the black person had or was in the process of committing the crime. A thousand or more stories in our big, big country.

Old 08-16-2015, 05:06 PM

7,578 posts, read 5,327,909 times
I is very interesting to me that when ever I read a title or headline that claims to tell "The Truth" about a topic rarely does.

Old 08-16-2015, 05:11 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,653,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
I've been saying this for years.

If there is ever going to be a black person to get into the mainstream to begin promoting a more sound, self-sufficient lifestyle, that person will be tarred and feathered by those who profit from keeping blacks down.

However, I still believe black people are slowly... slowly working their way out of this. We need someone to give us a good push. It could have been Obama, but he wants blacks to march and protest and cause chaos. He is gaining alliances with Iran and Cuba... how about helping lower income blacks in this country?
Slowly? Given that Jim Crow and whites only signs were in full effect 50 years ago I think Blacks have moved at an amazing pace. Unfortunately some whites like to focus on negative.

Old 08-16-2015, 05:14 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,653,986 times
Quote:
Look....I can either choose to debunk your theories.....or focus on the implied premise of you and others argument. You can bring a horse to water but you cannot make them drink it. It is futile to bring a glass of the water of truth....when you have no thirst for it. You would rather have a carbonated sugary drink because you are addicted to such. However, what is clear here is that you and others are arguing black inferiority to whites and that this biological inferiority is what explain socioeconomic inferiority of blacks. The troubling part is that you do not see this belief, or yourselves, to be racist. You are so convinced of its truth, that blacks are inferior to whites, that you don't see yourselves as racist because truths cannot be racist....rather, just facts. At least admit this. If you are wrong....then you are a racist and part of the problem because such thoughts in the hands of hiring managers, police officers, judges, doctors, loan officers, teachers.....becomes detrimental to the well being and progress of African Americans.
End post.

I agree 100%

Old 08-16-2015, 05:19 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,906,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
I've been saying this for years.

If there is ever going to be a black person to get into the mainstream to begin promoting a more sound, self-sufficient lifestyle, that person will be tarred and feathered by those who profit from keeping blacks down.

However, I still believe black people are slowly... slowly working their way out of this. We need someone to give us a good push. It could have been Obama, but he wants blacks to march and protest and cause chaos. He is gaining alliances with Iran and Cuba... how about helping lower income blacks in this country?
Or American Blacks need to look at the history of the Irish. Many hardheaded "Irish" fools had to die before the smarter ones stepped up and took care of business.

Old 08-16-2015, 05:32 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
I is very interesting to me that when ever I read a title or headline that claims to tell "The Truth" about a topic rarely does.
Seems like a lot of truth has been told here. There are just some who don't want to hear it. They will be the ones making insult and/or wanting topic closed.

Old 08-16-2015, 05:47 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,353,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
Bill O'Reilly couldn't have said it any better, and sadly, the truth, which many tend to deny, is also one of our biggest problems.

O'Reilly on America's Race Problem | CNS News
I totally agree, you got to have a strong family to steer kids in the right direction.

Old 08-16-2015, 05:55 PM

3,304 posts, read 2,173,155 times
Quote:
You are not making your argument my friend. I am juxtaposing the behavior of the average African with the Average African American. The use of averages irons out of the subgroup variations that you are talking about...but you still cannot get that.
No. The average African performs poorly on IQ tests compared to American Blacks. You are talking about African immigrants, who are not representative of the average African. The average African has an IQ in the 70s. You don't even seem to understand your own argument.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies