Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2015, 07:37 AM

54,495 posts, read 33,866,725 times

Advertisements

Bill O'Reilly couldn't have said it any better, and sadly, the truth, which many tend to deny, is also one of our biggest problems.

O'Reilly on America's Race Problem | CNS News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2015, 07:52 AM

12,390 posts, read 7,097,165 times
I think there is a lot of truth to what O"Reilly is saying here. There is a lot of data coming out that is showing just how bad single parent households are for children's outcomes.

Old 08-14-2015, 07:55 AM

21,139 posts, read 19,714,475 times
So true, but he falsely assumes that Democrats really want to uplift black people. Keeping black oppressed has been their mission since the days of slavery & segregation. Democrats know that keeping blacks dependent on white people ensures their power over them.

Old 08-14-2015, 08:21 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
Democrats know that keeping blacks dependent on white people ensures their power over them.
I never thought of it that way. I do know that Democratic president LBJ said "we've got to give them a little something, just enough to quiet them down, not enough to make a difference... I'll have them ******s voting Democratic for the next two hundred years".

The way some live it seems like they are getting just enough and they are voting Democrat.

Old 08-14-2015, 08:23 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times
I've been saying this for years.

If there is ever going to be a black person to get into the mainstream to begin promoting a more sound, self-sufficient lifestyle, that person will be tarred and feathered by those who profit from keeping blacks down.

However, I still believe black people are slowly... slowly working their way out of this. We need someone to give us a good push. It could have been Obama, but he wants blacks to march and protest and cause chaos. He is gaining alliances with Iran and Cuba... how about helping lower income blacks in this country?

Last edited by DRob4JC; 08-14-2015 at 08:51 AM..

Old 08-14-2015, 08:40 AM

7,578 posts, read 5,326,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
Bill O'Reilly couldn't have said it any better, and sadly, the truth, which many tend to deny, is also one of our biggest problems.

O'Reilly on America's Race Problem | CNS News
I've come to that point in time where I am convinced that these thread bare arguments are made solely for the benefit of white folks who are in denial, or just plain ignorant of black life in this country. Basically you just don't know squat about black people as a result you can for the life of it understand why black folks reject these arguments out of had, they are rejected out of hand because they simply do not speak to our reality.

Old 08-14-2015, 08:48 AM

21,139 posts, read 19,714,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
I've come to that point in time where I am convinced that these thread bare arguments are made solely for the benefit of white folks who are in denial, or just plain ignorant of black life in this country. Basically you just don't know squat about black people as a result you can for the life of it understand why black folks reject these arguments out of had, they are rejected out of hand because they simply do not speak to our reality.
Would you care to explain what specific points are inaccurate instead of just the same old "thread bare" blanket denial?

Old 08-14-2015, 08:50 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,329,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
Not for nothing, but it would be nice if the black community would quit blaming and hating everyone else for their own self-created problems and quit blaming other people for their troubles.

Old 08-14-2015, 09:00 AM

25,847 posts, read 16,528,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
I think there is a lot of truth to what O"Reilly is saying here. There is a lot of data coming out that is showing just how bad single parent households are for children's outcomes.
I don't get why it's so hard for liberals to understand. A child that is raised alone by an irresponsible parent is not going to be socialized or disciplined properly to fit into modern society.

All the proof is right in front of them when you see kindergartners who cannot sit still and do not respect other children.

The sad thing is it is too late for them, very few of them will ever function normally in society.

The problem has to be dealt with at birth. That is why I say people should have to have a license to have children. It proves that you are committed financially and mentally to raising that child correctly. You are pledging the child will have positive mentors and will be socialized.

If you have a child and fail to get the license, then no welfare or benefits for that kid. You are on your own.

We have to end this cycle now.

Old 08-14-2015, 09:06 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I don't get why it's so hard for liberals to understand. A child that is raised alone by an irresponsible parent is not going to be socialized or disciplined properly to fit into modern society.

All the proof is right in front of them when you see kindergartners who cannot sit still and do not respect other children.

The sad thing is it is too late for them, very few of them will ever function normally in society.

The problem has to be dealt with at birth. That is why I say people should have to have a license to have children. It proves that you are committed financially and mentally to raising that child correctly. You are pledging the child will have positive mentors and will be socialized.

If you have a child and fail to get the license, then no welfare or benefits for that kid. You are on your own.

We have to end this cycle now.
What? Pay the government a license fee to have children? A thousand times, no. Do you see all of the tax regulations, and healthcare regulations - and you suggest adding this? No way.

What happens when people have sex and can't pay the license fee when pregnancy occurs - abortion? Or are you stopping people from sexual relations unless they pay a fee?

Now I understand the goal you want to achieve - but not this way.

--------------------------------

I think someone like LeBron or Beyonce or someone at that level would have to invest huge in their time and money to get a consistent message out there to try and change the culture.

People are going to have to see examples and experience positive change for themselves in order for life changing behaviors to take root.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies