Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2015, 10:28 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,507,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Being a tax collector with a gun is indeed contributing to this problem.

I don't believe him. He screwed up and came up with a lame excuse.
Nobody pulled a gun on Garner.

Beat cops like the ones who told Garner to move don't set the policies. The protests and anger should have been against DeBlasio and the police command.

As for the beaten detective, I won't be surprised if you're right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2015, 10:31 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Nobody pulled a gun on Garner.
Being a tax collector with a gun...............

I didn't blame them but they are taking the brunt of the problem.

Old 08-16-2015, 10:45 AM

2,172 posts, read 1,453,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Will your name and pic be plastered across the country, death threats made against you and your family, and maybe be charged with a crime, for forgetting to put a pickle on the burger.
Not likely... that's your job.

Told you - no CD @ work, Gramps.

Back to work.

And I don't wanna see those grandkid pics again. Fry-o-lator needs cleaning.

Old 08-16-2015, 11:16 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,560,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post

here is my broad brush. Liberals WANT the cop to die because that's a better option than an "unarmed" thug getting shot.
Congrats on having the most absurd post!

Old 08-16-2015, 12:49 PM

50,822 posts, read 24,321,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truly Missouri View Post
Pistol-whipped Alabama detective held fire - CNN.com

I just wonder how many cops are now going to get hurt and even killed because the media has waged this campaign to besmear them of their actions to self-defense, and to a fair investigation, and fair trial.

It's appallingly sad! That cops are now fearing the media, more than the suspects.
Let's see -- the cops shoot Black people more because they are afraid of Black people and not going home to their families after their shift.

Now they are afraid of the news media.

If everything scares a guy so much, then that guy ought not apply for that type of job.

Old 08-16-2015, 01:05 PM

7,503 posts, read 5,752,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truly Missouri View Post
Pistol-whipped Alabama detective held fire - CNN.com

I just wonder how many cops are now going to get hurt and even killed because the media has waged this campaign to besmear them of their actions to self-defense, and to a fair investigation, and fair trial.

It's appallingly sad! That cops are now fearing the media, more than the suspects.
Two in the chest and one in the pelvis. Criminal no more.

Old 08-16-2015, 05:53 PM

46,289 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
you also started a thread when the irs went after him.
so?

How about a link that shows I did....I may or may not have but what does that have to do anything even remotely close to this situation?

Old 08-16-2015, 05:57 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,936,232 times
This officer needs to learn the expression, better to be judged by 12 than to be carried by 6.

Old 08-16-2015, 07:30 PM

4,983 posts, read 3,291,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Better to trade punches then to kill someone with a gun....especially when that someone isn't armed. And if an officer is being pistol whipped don't you think he would fight back.
Big red x.

Not to mention than and then.

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Old 08-17-2015, 01:52 AM

4,520 posts, read 4,209,259 times
This guy was in plainclothes. And probably in an unmarked car. Even if he identified himself as a police officer, I would not be comfortable with him stopping me. IMO, that's a recipe for disaster.

Perhaps the perp feared for his life when some guy stops him (for a minor violation), claiming to be the police and somehow a weapon is revealed. I think this should be punished as an assault, nothing more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies