Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2015, 08:51 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,788,539 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
What dream world? Please tell me how a cop allows someone to pistol whip them. Do they not know how to fight back. Have they not been trained. Is this the norm with your cops.
i guess you don't bother yourself with reading how the actual events played out. What a waste of type.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuddingPops View Post
The entire premise of this discussion is the fact that the officer hesitated because he feared the potential media backlash and online lynch mobs if he attacked this suspect. I'm sure if he had struck the suspect, we'd now be hearing a thread from you vilifying the white police officer in Birmingham who assaulted an unarmed black man!

I'm also wondering if you were there in person witnessing this assault unfold? You seem to know a lot about physical confrontations. Are you a trained fighter? Please post your credentials and then maybe your commentary on "why a cop should never allow himself to be pistol whipped by another man" might mean something. If your experience in hand to hand combat comes from watching Marvel Avengers movies -- which it seems -- then I'm not really interested.
Seems like a display of ignorance to me. She might as well go all the way and say a soldier with a gun should never be shot in combat. It's the same logic.

kibby is absolutely correct!

Seems we are entering a phase of lawlessness not seen for over a century. Crime in all major cities has skyrocketed, based on the misperceptions the progressive media have fostered. I hope they're proud of the role they're playing in race agitation.

post #74 - Holy sh&^... Really?

Last edited by steven_h; 08-14-2015 at 09:02 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2015, 09:00 PM

32,064 posts, read 15,062,274 times
Quote:
The entire premise of this discussion is the fact that the officer hesitated because he feared the potential media backlash and online lynch mobs if he attacked this suspect. I'm sure if he had struck the suspect, we'd now be hearing a thread from you vilifying the white police officer in Birmingham who assaulted an unarmed black man!

I'm also wondering if you were there in person witnessing this assault unfold? You seem to know a lot about physical confrontations. Are you a trained fighter? Please post your credentials and then maybe your commentary on "why a cop should never allow himself to be pistol whipped by another man" might mean something. If your experience in hand to hand combat comes from watching Marvel Avengers movies -- which it seems -- then I'm not really interested.
The fact is....there are already lynch crowds because the cops are too trigger happy and many have been killed. I doubt there would be an outrage if an officer subdued someone without a murder on their hands. And if that means hand to hand combat, so be it. It's better than an officer being tried for murder because they shot someone isn't it.

Old 08-14-2015, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
i guess you don't bother yourself with reading how the actual events played out. What a waste of type.

Seems like a display of ignorance to me. She might as well go all the way and say a soldier with a gun should never be shot in combat. It's the same logic.

kibby is absolutely correct!

Seems we are entering a phase of lawlessness not seen for over a century. Crime in all major cities has skyrocketed, based on the misperceptions the progressive media have fostered. I hope they're proud of the role they're playing in race agitation.
Ignorance is what is getting these cops in trouble when they shoot unharmed men. And no, there is no comparison to combat in war.

Old 08-14-2015, 09:18 PM

998 posts, read 665,261 times
Quote:
The fact is....there are already lynch crowds because the cops are too trigger happy and many have been killed. I doubt there would be an outrage if an officer subdued someone without a murder on their hands. And if that means hand to hand combat, so be it. It's better than an officer being tried for murder because they shot someone isn't it.
The lynch mobs are not intelligent people... do you know how many people out there still believe the "hands up, don't shoot" narrative despite it being proven false in a court of law? Do you believe it? Why do you defend these type of people? Does it give you some type of self-righteous rush or something?

Old 08-14-2015, 09:19 PM

3,555 posts, read 4,095,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Yet cops that have done their job, backed up by courts, people such as you don't care about that.

They are guilty, period end of story...even when the courts say different

Tell your leftist buddies that, when they (the cops) do their job, and people don't agree with it, even when proven innocent by the court....they just don't care.....
You're making a lot of assumptions about me with nothing to back it up. How about talk about something you have a clue about?

Old 08-14-2015, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Ignorance is what is getting these cops in trouble when they shoot unharmed men. And no, there is no comparison to combat in war.
What does that even mean in this context?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHqgHFcmAOc

Old 08-14-2015, 09:23 PM

Quote:
The lynch mobs are not intelligent people... do you know how many people out there still believe the "hands up, don't shoot" narrative despite it being proven false in a court of law? Do you believe it? Why do you defend these type of people? Does it give you some type of self-righteous rush or something?
What are you talking about. I was addressing a post in this thread and wasn't defending anyone. I just wanted to know why the officer allowed himself to be pistol whipped

Old 08-14-2015, 09:29 PM

Quote:
What are you talking about. I was addressing a post in this thread and wasn't defending anyone. I just wanted to know why the officer allowed himself to be pistol whipped
You're just using avoidance tactics at this point. It has already been addressed and ignored by you (since you obviously came to a conclusion before even reading the most basic details).

Quote:

Old 08-14-2015, 09:36 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,788,539 times
Quote:
See post #68... stop ignoring what you do not want to acknowledge. Your question has been answered several times.

Quote:
You're just using avoidance tactics at this point. It has already been addressed and ignored by you (since you obviously came to a conclusion before even reading the most basic details).
You beat me to it!

Old 08-14-2015, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
See post #68... stop ignoring what you do not want to acknowledge. Your question has been answered several times.

You beat me to it!
What does a you tube video have to do with this case.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies