Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2015, 12:08 PM

6,512 posts, read 7,544,447 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Nope. You equate making fun of politicians vs that of name calling against someone at CD that you disagree with. It shouldn't really be that difficult to understand the difference.

Then again, you try to make the discussion about me, instead of sticking to topic, for exactly the same reason.
Right, semantics.

Good day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2015, 12:09 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,250,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
The really sad thing is, if the election were held today, she'd still win against any GOP candidate.

Mick
Yes, she probably would. You can tell the conservatives agree by the increase in threads about Hillary going from 5 per day up to 10 per day--mostly about the same things. They are positively obsessed.

I am hoping a sticky will be created so there will be room for other topics and candidates.

Old 08-16-2015, 12:49 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,603,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Yes, she probably would. You can tell the conservatives agree by the increase in threads about Hillary going from 5 per day up to 10 per day--mostly about the same things. They are positively obsessed.

I am hoping a sticky will be created so there will be room for other topics and candidates.
Nope. The polls he said that backed that don't exist. And coincidently that's a metaphor for Hillary Clinton too. No substance. The democrats are in a panic now.

Old 08-16-2015, 01:21 PM

8,278 posts, read 6,271,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
No, its political for you guys. This was a private server with protection out of the wazzu. As of this moment, this server has been proven to be hacked a total of 0 times, while we know for a fact that President Obama's own email has been hacked at least twice by the Chinese.
You didn't need to hack Hillary's server, they were using a privately generated SSL cert from what security experts gauge was for the duration of the period she was SoS.

Not having an issuing authority means you can very easily set up a Man in the Middle attack on that server. You don't hack the server, you just engineer the DNS MX records to point to your MiM server that forwards incoming mail to the actual server, no one is any the wiser, because they're getting the expected mails, but every mail received has copied on the MiM server prior to reforwarding. It would probably take around an hour of server config and 30 minutes on the phone to a DNS registrar. You don't capture outgoing mail from this, but you do capture incoming mail, and most people use "reply" which copies the previous mail content in the mail text.

Obama's .gov mail had to be hacked to gain access. Hillary's did not.

Old 08-16-2015, 01:55 PM

9,617 posts, read 6,060,434 times
This is a family affair. I see from the article Bill may be at "it" again. Child sex now?
Oh, how he honors his wedding vows, not to mention his dearly beloved wife, err politician.

Quote:
But what concerns me far more is a specific story — one about Jeffrey Epstein, the billionaire investor with a taste for sex with underage prostitutes. Lots of them. Perhaps as many as "34 confirmed minors." (Epstein pled guilty to state charges in 2008. He was sentenced to 18 months and released after serving 13.)

Flight logs from Epstein's private jet — nicknamed the "Lolita Express" — show at least 10 trips by Bill Clinton, including several on which he flew (according to Gawker) with "a woman who federal prosecutors believe procured underage girls to sexually service Epstein and his friends and acted as a 'potential co-conspirator' in his crimes."

Old 08-16-2015, 02:14 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,932,912 times
My question for my Liberal friends here, is at what point do you realize that Hillary is becoming a liability to your party. I think most people see it starting to unravel. What was a "slam dunk" is quickly becoming a blocked shot. I will be curious at what point you will jump ship, and YOU WILL jump ship.

Old 08-16-2015, 02:48 PM

9,169 posts, read 13,236,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11thHour View Post
Well I'm a liberal and I agree. She needs to go down for this. I hope it finishes her. I'll be castigated for saying this about someone on 'my side', but blind partisanship is revolting. Both sides have their bad seeds, and she is one of them.
I am a Independent and I wish there were more people like you. Too many blindly follow one party or the other, right or wrong. In this case, its not too late for the Democrats to find a better candidate then Clinton. I for one, will not vote for her.

Old 08-16-2015, 02:59 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,895,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
My question for my Liberal friends here, is at what point do you realize that Hillary is becoming a liability to your party. I think most people see it starting to unravel. What was a "slam dunk" is quickly becoming a blocked shot. I will be curious at what point you will jump ship, and YOU WILL jump ship.
Agreed and Trump came in from nowhere with his views against illegal aliens, which ain't helping out the Dems for 2016.

Old 08-16-2015, 03:17 PM

2,761 posts, read 3,425,413 times
I don't think that an email scandal will hurt Hillary. I think the only people who are listening to email scandal are the people who will not democrat no matter what.

For the rest of us, the Republicans who are turning this into a scandal are really disgusting.

But I never said that Hillary will make it to the primaries. And I do want to see another consolidate on the primaries, but no, I don't care about the email scandal.

Old 08-16-2015, 03:23 PM

10,065 posts, read 7,229,638 times
I don't think the email scandal is that big of a deal. The Clintons seem to always have these kinds of things going on with them. She's given up the server. What horrible thing might we find out from those emails? That she ate breakfast late one day?

Having been in the military as an Intel Analyst and worked with classified documents - it is true a lot of things are over-classified and almost everyone commits a minor security violation (wrong classification on wrong system) once or twice because of that. Usually, they are correctable. I saw stuff that was classified "Top Secret" that really shouldn't have been - "Confidential" at most. They don't give enough training to people doing the classification as to what kind of information pertains to each level. So a lot of intel people err on the side of higher classification to cover their butts. All it takes to make something "Top Secret" is to type "Top Secret" in red in the header and footer and put it on the TS server. That's it. If you then move that to an unclassified server you've committed a security violation.

However, as someone who normally votes Dem, this is why I did not support her in the 2008 primaries and supported Obama as soon as it became clear he was the strongest alternative. I was never a big fan of Bill Clinton because of this kind of thing.

It seems to me to be an unforced error on her part. Bill Clinton was also notorious for unforced errors. Why use a private server in the first place? Is it that much of an inconvenience to use the work server? Whether or not the scandals are "legitimate," just the frequency and ease that Republicans are able to use them against both Clintons is a big reason I don't support them. I am sympathetic that the Clintons seem to attract a special ire from Republicans that prompts multiple witch-hunts when nothing's there, but the fact is that Clintonian behavior encourages it.

I will probably support the Dem nominee over the Republican one but I'd prefer that person not be Hillary. Although I've heard flashes of things I like from Christie and Kasich, they are unlikely to win the GOP nom. Oddly enough, even though I think he's a boorish, crass jerk, Trump sometimes says things I like too, but he is also unlikely to win the GOP nom and I don't think I can support him in the end.

So I will support whoever Clinton's strongest Dem primary opponent is until it's clear that person will not win. Right now that's Sanders.

Last edited by redguard57; 08-16-2015 at 03:32 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies