Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2015, 10:41 PM

9,138 posts, read 5,802,841 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
I am not a fan, by any means, of Ms. Clinton. I also think she engaged in chicanery about the emails.

However, I must ask, what do people 'think' the missing emails would show?

For instance:

(Unidentified security officer in Iraq): "Secretary of State Clinton, we have evidence of an attack on the Ambassador in Benghazi. What to do?"

(Clinton): "Let them die. Let them ALL die! Sincerely, HRC".

Is that what you think is 'missing'?

Hard to say what's missing since Mrs. Clinton went
to so much trouble to make sure we never find out.
She prints all the emails? That's what I'd do
if I wanted to make them very difficult to search.
Then we are forced to take her word for it that
she turned over everything relevant.
Why would she wipe the servers? "Convenience?"
Everyone can see that this stinks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2015, 11:13 PM

16,590 posts, read 8,605,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
I am not a fan, by any means, of Ms. Clinton. I also think she engaged in chicanery about the emails.

However, I must ask, what do people 'think' the missing emails would show?

For instance:

(Unidentified security officer in Iraq): "Secretary of State Clinton, we have evidence of an attack on the Ambassador in Benghazi. What to do?"

(Clinton): "Let them die. Let them ALL die! Sincerely, HRC".

Is that what you think is 'missing'?
For starters it is a false premise.
We don't know what is missing, and why she concealed it to begin with. I will play along in a moment, but consider this.
Her supporters will assume she did nothing wrong, and was the best Sec of State the USA has ever seen. Her detractors will assume any and every possible wrongdoing, both related to her role in the Benghazi attack (pre and post), her private foundation with all sorts of conflict of interest money pouring in with a quid pro quo, etc.

The issue is no one including other Sec of State have had their own servers to completely control the documents the people of the USA own.
That is right, we own everything she created as our employee representing American abroad. So even if other Sec of State had personal email accounts along with their .gov emails, they didn't set up their own servers.
Her blatant arrogance and pathetic excuse(i.e. bold faced lies) about her reason of convenience is hardly believable. Not because it is such a bad excuse, rather it is hard to believe an intelligent person would think the American people(beyond her koolaid drinkers) would accept such a flat out lie. Heck, she would have been better off just coming out and playing her "right wing conspiracy" card. She could have said she didn't want the nuts on the right to pick through every single email, just looking to create a false allegation to try and ruin her.
That would be believable and is probably closer to the truth as to why she did it.

Now we are finding out that her mouthpiece is claiming the servers have been wiped clean, so nothing can be found on them. My goodness, she could have made herself look more guilty of trying to hide something if she tried. Which begs the question why?
The only reason I can think of is that some of those emails (related to Benghazi, her private foundation, etc.) were so damaging that she choose the best of two bad options.
Her new big problem is that while she was still SOS she was supenied to turn over documents related to Benghazi, and they never have been. Now there is a claim her server was intentionally wiped clean. So aside from her likely violations of the US Code (see video posted below), she is in direct violation of destroying the very documents she was compelled to turn over.

Just for fun though, let me play along with exercise with just one realistic example;

Amb. Stevens had been making requests for upgraded security, and Hillary and he were friends. So it is pretty easy to envision he contacted her on more than one occasion in that regard. Now if she in her judgment turned his requests down, that obviously would be something showing poor judgment. Don't you think the American people should be entitled to know such a thing?
Even just from a political reason, wouldn't (D's) want to know that about an (R) running against their candidate, to call their judgment into question?

So no matter what her reasons, she is not a queen answerable to no one. Instead she was a public servant who it appears felt she was above it all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lDN5b6ET0I

`

Old 03-31-2015, 05:35 AM

8,016 posts, read 5,858,077 times
Only the Hill-billies™ believed Hillary's story about only wanting to have "one device"......the rest of us knew she was lying:

Clinton also used iPad for email; mixed personal, work chats

It's really pathetic that a lying, scheming, conniving slug like Hillary could STILL have supporters after getting caught in lie after lie after lie......

Old 03-31-2015, 05:47 AM

26,497 posts, read 15,074,947 times
Facts:

-Hillary said secret email accounts were illegal and shredding the constitution, you must use government email.

-Hillary said that she didn't want to use a government email, because it could be used against her if she was investigated.

-Hillary broke the rules and perhaps laws by setting up her own private server for government emails that she and some staffers used.

-Hillary broke the law by discussing private government matters via emails with a lobbyist working on behalf of Putin's interests that also worked for her foundation, this was outed in 2013.

-Hillary helped inform Nixon that destroying the tapes would be illegal and obstruction of justice as a congressional committee had requested them.

-Hillary had her server wiped clean AFTER a congressional committee requested them.

-Hillary got to unilaterally and in secret choose which emails were government related and, which were not.

-Hillary has been caught lying and saying conflicting comments to justify this mess, for example she lied about having only 1 device - she has multiple and has said so before, etc....

Etc....

Last edited by Ibginnie; 09-13-2015 at 05:54 PM.. Reason: deleted quoted post

Old 03-31-2015, 05:51 AM

8,059 posts, read 3,945,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
Sure, she may be hiding something. That doesn't mean she is hiding illegal activity. Think politics. Then you'll be on the right track.
Unfortunately for Hillary, the "hiding" is the illegal activity - what she hid, whether illegal or merely embarrassing, is irrelevant.

Old 03-31-2015, 07:13 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,745,966 times
Dem. will still defend her as usual through thick and thin.

For the rest of us we know that she can't be trusted and the polls are not lying. I wonder how many people want to drive around with that bumper sticker with her name on it. When I see the sticker it makes me laugh!

Old 03-31-2015, 07:22 PM

13,714 posts, read 31,176,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
For starters it is a false premise.
We don't know what is missing, and why she concealed it to begin with. I will play along in a moment, but consider this.
Her supporters will assume she did nothing wrong, and was the best Sec of State the USA has ever seen. Her detractors will assume any and every possible wrongdoing, both related to her role in the Benghazi attack (pre and post), her private foundation with all sorts of conflict of interest money pouring in with a quid pro quo, etc.

The issue is no one including other Sec of State have had their own servers to completely control the documents the people of the USA own.
That is right, we own everything she created as our employee representing American abroad. So even if other Sec of State had personal email accounts along with their .gov emails, they didn't set up their own servers.
Her blatant arrogance and pathetic excuse(i.e. bold faced lies) about her reason of convenience is hardly believable. Not because it is such a bad excuse, rather it is hard to believe an intelligent person would think the American people(beyond her koolaid drinkers) would accept such a flat out lie. Heck, she would have been better off just coming out and playing her "right wing conspiracy" card. She could have said she didn't want the nuts on the right to pick through every single email, just looking to create a false allegation to try and ruin her.
That would be believable and is probably closer to the truth as to why she did it.

Now we are finding out that her mouthpiece is claiming the servers have been wiped clean, so nothing can be found on them. My goodness, she could have made herself look more guilty of trying to hide something if she tried. Which begs the question why?
The only reason I can think of is that some of those emails (related to Benghazi, her private foundation, etc.) were so damaging that she choose the best of two bad options.
Her new big problem is that while she was still SOS she was supenied to turn over documents related to Benghazi, and they never have been. Now there is a claim her server was intentionally wiped clean. So aside from her likely violations of the US Code (see video posted below), she is in direct violation of destroying the very documents she was compelled to turn over.

Just for fun though, let me play along with exercise with just one realistic example;

Amb. Stevens had been making requests for upgraded security, and Hillary and he were friends. So it is pretty easy to envision he contacted her on more than one occasion in that regard. Now if she in her judgment turned his requests down, that obviously would be something showing poor judgment. Don't you think the American people should be entitled to know such a thing?
Even just from a political reason, wouldn't (D's) want to know that about an (R) running against their candidate, to call their judgment into question?

So no matter what her reasons, she is not a queen answerable to no one. Instead she was a public servant who it appears felt she was above it all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lDN5b6ET0I

`
The only place where her emails exist is probably an NSA data center. Not reachable by an Freedom of Information Act request or by Congress.

Hillary managed email herself for the only reason someone would - to control them completely. All the way to the server. No one sets up their own email server in their house unless they are a nerd or someone that has something to hide. Maybe there is no smoking gun - but we'll never know. She is lying about using one device. She will lie about anything else.

Old 08-13-2015, 05:27 PM

20,048 posts, read 20,855,965 times
Yeah, I think she really is in trouble. Usually this stuff blows over and goes away, but it's getting worse for her. I like Bill. I don't like her.

Old 08-13-2015, 05:28 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,624,120 times
Default Al Gore for President

Haha. They are in full panic mode. ABC News is suggesting they may dust off Al Gore and put him up as replacement candidate.

Vultures Circling Hillary - Al Gore 2016 | Democratic Primary | Hillary Email Scandal

Al Gore's Friends and Former Aides Eyeing 2016 Race - ABC News

Old 08-13-2015, 05:31 PM

10,214 posts, read 15,927,883 times
The Obama DOJ will not find anything. C'mon, I mean we got the Obama administration investigating Hillary who is part of the Obama administration and who will carry on his policies if she's elected President.....just like I highly doubt anyone at the EPA will be held responsible for causing the Colorado chemical spill.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies