Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2015, 03:18 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,615,184 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post
In my year as a member on the CD I'd have to say that 99% of the posts about joining the MGTOW movement have come at the end of a half page rant on how screwed up women and feminists (aka feminazis ) are, or as the OP said "feminuglies" ( but he doesn't have any angst against women, he just wants to go his own way)..... Ok.
Luckily most men aren't so insecure that they have to blame women for their own inability to enter into ( much less sustain) a relationship. I also think that a lot of these guys have never actually been in a relationship, are afraid that they won't be able to measure up or they're just mimicking what other bitter guys are saying in order to assuage their own hurt egos. It's not them... It's these dang independent, feminist,ball busting shrews who are responsible for the downfall of mankind. What I find absolutely hilarious are the architects of oppression .... Are now crying about being the "oppressed".
I say.. Go your own way and rationalize/spin it in any way that makes you feel better about it and yourself.
It's not that people don't understand.. They just don't give a rat's patoot.
"Blaming women for their own inability to enter into (let alone sustain) a relationship" and "mimicking what other , bitter men say"....Spot on.I know some of these bitter types. When I was going through my divorce, their input could not have been less welcome. My ex IS an evil woman. They don't make them any worse. But, I didn't need to be preached at about "manning up" and the general evils of all women.

I never sank into being hateful of women, bitter and resentful and such. For one woman, yes. I harbored such feelings , and more,. I was , most certainly, in a dark and unhealthy place. Doubting myself, questioning my own self worth, it wasn't living. Just existing. until, a wonderful woman, who had been my friend for quite a while, pulled me off the scrap heap. Because she was a true friend. She did what true friends do. Helped me , help myself. And now, four years later, we are a LOT .kre than just friends, though we are still that too. I can't imagine life without her. Her previous relationship, a marriage, was abusive. Her ex husband beat her, physically and emotionally/mentally. My ex destroyed me financially, and tried to destroy a lot more. Including my relationship with my then friend.

If either my new lady, or myself, had fallen into the pit of being bitter and jaded, because of the individuals we were hurt by, we wouldn't have each other, now. Would have missed out on all this happiness and real love. We would have handed our exes what they wanted on a platinum platter. For us to be miserable and bitter, because of them. We decided, instead, to "go our own way", in a different way.

Old 08-17-2015, 03:21 PM

2,798 posts, read 2,988,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
If either my new lady, or myself, had fallen into the pit of being bitter and jaded, because of the individuals we were hurt by, we wouldn't have each other, now. Would have missed out on all this happiness and real love.
Yes, but think about all the internet forearm sessions you're missing out on.

Old 08-17-2015, 03:36 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,550,144 times
Quote:
"Blaming women for their own inability to enter into (let alone sustain) a relationship" and "mimicking what other , bitter men say"....Spot on.I know some of these bitter types. When I was going through my divorce, their input could not have been less welcome. My ex IS an evil woman. They don't make them any worse. But, I didn't need to be preached at about "manning up" and the general evils of all women.

I never sank into being hateful of women, bitter and resentful and such. For one woman, yes. I harbored such feelings , and more,. I was , most certainly, in a dark and unhealthy place. Doubting myself, questioning my own self worth, it wasn't living. Just existing. until, a wonderful woman, who had been my friend for quite a while, pulled me off the scrap heap. Because she was a true friend. She did what true friends do. Helped me , help myself. And now, four years later, we are a LOT .kre than just friends, though we are still that too. I can't imagine life without her. Her previous relationship, a marriage, was abusive. Her ex husband beat her, physically and emotionally/mentally. My ex destroyed me financially, and tried to destroy a lot more. Including my relationship with my then friend.

If either my new lady, or myself, had fallen into the pit of being bitter and jaded, because of the individuals we were hurt by, we wouldn't have each other, now. Would have missed out on all this happiness and real love. We would have handed our exes what they wanted on a platinum platter. For us to be miserable and bitter, because of them. We decided, instead, to "go our own way", in a different way.
I'm glad your experience didn't make you negative. I can see how people can get jaded, it's happened to myself. You have to make an effort to not get down about it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by scratchie View Post
Yes, but think about all the internet forearm sessions you're missing out on.
Masturbating will never replace the feel of an actual body in bed with you.

Old 08-17-2015, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
I'm glad your experience didn't make you negative. I can see how people can get jaded, it's happened to myself. You have to make an effort to not get down about it.

Masturbating will never replace the feel of an actual body in bed with you.
I do believe, scratchies comment was most sincere sarcasm. lol. But in seriousness, you're correct. A computer screen doesn't take the place of feeling nice, soft , warm lady love next to me on a cold Winter night. And that smell! The way she smells is the most addicting thing I've ever experienced. She is a gift. I can't believe God even let her go, let alone to be with me.It would have been easy to go the bitter route, for me, if I held up my ex as all women. I wasn't looking to be in another relationship when it happened, and neither was my new lady. It just...happened. I'm quite glad her ex didn't ruin her , as well. Many women are just as bitter as men because of an ex.

As you said, it takes work to put the bad stuff behind you. But, when that first snow flys, and that soft, and sweet smelling presence gets under to covers with me, its worth anything I had to go through to get there.

Old 08-17-2015, 04:04 PM

2,798 posts, read 2,988,298 times
Quote:
I do believe, scratchies comment was most sincere sarcasm.
Give that man a cigar.

Old 08-17-2015, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scratchie View Post
Give that man a cigar.
Got one..Thanks I'd take a cup of good coffee though.

Old 08-17-2015, 05:15 PM

5,770 posts, read 3,219,155 times
The right woman is a friend. The right woman is the first person that you want to tell things to. The right woman fights with you because she cares and is intelligent. The right woman is there to help you when there is a job loss and vice versa.

What I don't understand is your lack of a libido.

Old 08-17-2015, 05:17 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,520,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
I was a late bloomer and didn't really start dating until I was well into my 20s and lost my virginity closer to 30 than 20. Maybe that's why I don't see what all the fuss is about. I mean really, sex is overrated, and so are relationships. And yet, society expects me and other men to do x,y and z to "impress women" and "get girls" and go through all these hopes, do all this effort, just to attract a female. And once we get said female we are suppose to "grow up" and basically prostitute ourselves to a 9-5, even if we hate said 9-5, give up our own ambitions in favor of having kids, supporting a wife (so much for "independent women") and family and have no dreams aside from maybe getting a McMansion.

Enter MGTOW, an idea that was around before it had a name. It is about men rejecting the ideas of society and not denying ourselves to satisfy some woman's expectations or what society expects of men. It is NOT about men who don't want to grow up. The opposite, actually: I have a nice job, pay my own bills and even volunteer at a local animal shelter. I just don't spend any more time pursuing women because relationships as a whole are really not worth it. I would rather spend my time becoming a better writer of horror and fantasy or backpacking than trying to meet women at bars or online.

And it is not about hating women. I have more female friends than I do male friends. I have nothing against women as a whole. We don't believe women should be back in the kitchen. Most of us understand that women should be free to pursue whatever ambition they desire. Likewise, we want our own dreams to be OURS and not what society tells us. MGTOW is not anti-woman, but it is pro-men being free and liberated. Women do not have to stay in the kitchen and with the kids any more (thank God) and men don't have to climb the corporate ladder and jump through hopes to attract women and be hubbies anymore (thank God)

Also, MGTOW is as much a middle-finger to the older generation of men as it is to certain (but not all) women. We are telling our fathers and grandfathers that we see the lies they didn't see and that we know why they have grown into old, bitter men: they fell for it. The idea that I as a male have to become a walking ATM machine for a baby-factory who doesn't really care for me and I have to sell my soul for a "dream" of an ugly house filled with brats is dead. That McMansion is a gilded cage...emphasis on the cage part

And finally it is not about feminism. It may have been inspired by some ideas of feminism (if women can be liberated, than so can we) but this is not men giving up because women "refuse to be ladies". Even if I was around "Stepford Wife" kind of women I would still not want to go back to dating...in fact, that would be even worse! At least modern women can actually work and provide something material to a relationship in theory. Back in the day they were just free-loaders. Honestly: is a relationship and sex so important that I would give up my freedom to a free-loader? Not for me, it isn't, and not for a growing number of men.

That is what MGTOW is. It is men's liberation finally here and finally spreading. Deal with it
All of this just to say that you are sort of bitter because you lack confidence in pursuing women. Why don't you just pursue men instead?

Old 08-17-2015, 05:17 PM

5,770 posts, read 3,219,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrafficCory View Post
I think if prostitution were to be legalized and we get life like sex dolls, you'll be seeing a lot more of this type of stuff.
Hollywood thought of this. Look up "Valerie 23".

Old 08-17-2015, 05:18 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,640,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
If someone is going to start a movement, I think having an acronym you can't pronounce (MGTOW) is not a good idea. But anywhoo.

Mick
How about MEOW?

Manly Exodus - Own Way

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.