Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2015, 08:57 PM

1,024 posts, read 1,041,114 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodysFool View Post
Easily overridden by a false accusation of domestic violence, false accusation of rape (which is all the rage now), or simply saying, "buh, buh your honor...he...he..he...forced me to sign." Go back to your SNAP, WIC, Title IX and Affirmative Action handouts.

Prenups have been rendered meaningless by the very same gynocentrists and white knights that lied to men about marriage being a good thing for them in the first place. Prenups are useless - and women know it - which is why they point to them as a panacea.

Marriage is for women. Main gain ZERO through marriage.
Marriage was originally conceived for the benefit of women as well as the bottom 90% of men, as the 'alphas' of various stripes would otherwise monopolize them as we are beginning to see today. Leftists struck an enormous blow against what were actually egalitarian norms when they unleashed sexual revolution. It was a market liberalization like any other, except that unlike in economics, there's no viable argument for "a rising tide floating all boats," or "trickle down" or whatever; sexual success is quite zero sum.

Of course, marriage is indeed now a perverse and twisted husk that serves only as a financial extraction method for women and the legal profession.

Old 09-30-2015, 08:59 PM

3,493 posts, read 3,202,413 times
Although not so much the case these days, 40 - 50 years ago men had to get married lest you be referred to as a "fairy." It even affected your employability in things like private corporations and professional practice. Single men over 30 were simply not allowed in no matter what their qualifications. Since "negotiations" were never put in writing and all interviews were one on one, what could one do? I simply purchased a wedding band at K Mart and wore it to interviews - and, later on, wore a wire (just in case). Simpler days in some respects.

Old 09-30-2015, 09:02 PM

8,886 posts, read 5,368,429 times
Quote:
The people that want MGTOW to "just go away" are upset that MGTOW might be giving the target of their affections or their future target "bad ideas". They want the man to give them the ring of power - which enables women to destroy men's lives - and don't want MGTOW screwing up their chances.
So what positive example are you presenting? " MGTOW is the way to be, claim you're going your own way, but never actually go!" I'll have to show this to my DH, hope your sterling example doesn't have him running for the divorce court too quickly.

Old 09-30-2015, 09:06 PM

8,886 posts, read 5,368,429 times
Quote:
With every woman that opts out of marriage, another man is saved from divorce rape. My #1 wish is that women opt out of marriage en-masse.
Again, what positive example are you demonstrating?

I also wouldn't listen to any advice from a man who despises women. Would discourage my daughter from listening to him as well.

Old 09-30-2015, 09:11 PM

4,751 posts, read 5,437,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
Again, what positive example are you demonstrating?

I also wouldn't listen to any advice from a man who despises women. Would discourage my daughter from listening to him as well.
Exactly. Instead of trolling message boards, why aren't you boys out there living it up, woman free? You should be climbing mountains, kayaking swift rivers, reeling in marlin, driving cars real, real fast and whatever other woman-free stuff that's supposed to be so great because you've gone your own way! So, go! Go your own way! Please!

(And people who are constantly asserting the proliferation of false rape charges are probably rapists or wanna-be rapists themselves. IMO.)

Old 09-30-2015, 10:27 PM

17 posts, read 17,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tairos View Post
Marriage was originally conceived for the benefit of women as well as the bottom 90% of men, as the 'alphas' of various stripes would otherwise monopolize them as we are beginning to see today. Leftists struck an enormous blow against what were actually egalitarian norms when they unleashed sexual revolution. It was a market liberalization like any other, except that unlike in economics, there's no viable argument for "a rising tide floating all boats," or "trickle down" or whatever; sexual success is quite zero sum.

Of course, marriage is indeed now a perverse and twisted husk that serves only as a financial extraction method for women and the legal profession.
Extremely well put. Ladies - Here's the man you'll never own.

Old 09-30-2015, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinbrookNine View Post
Although not so much the case these days, 40 - 50 years ago men had to get married lest you be referred to as a "fairy." It even affected your employability in things like private corporations and professional practice. Single men over 30 were simply not allowed in no matter what their qualifications. Since "negotiations" were never put in writing and all interviews were one on one, what could one do? I simply purchased a wedding band at K Mart and wore it to interviews - and, later on, wore a wire (just in case). Simpler days in some respects.
Women like to say that it's the patriarchy that needs to be destroyed - when in fact it's the idea of men marrying women that needs to be abolished. Were it not for the idea of the necessity of men marrying women (social pressure and brainwashing of men to marry women) - men would be much happier and freer beings.

It's not that men pressured or enslaved women in marriage - it's that the gynocracy and white knights enslaved men into marriage.

Old 09-30-2015, 10:42 PM

5,790 posts, read 3,598,050 times
I'm not an MGTOW (TM), but I have gone my own way in the sense of just living my life as I see fit so long as I don't hurt or indignify others. I realize and despise the mysogyny of many (not all but many) self-proclaimed MGTOWs, but I firmly agree with their claim that a man doesn't need a woman to be happy - or even sex to be happy. I came to believe that much over 20 years ago. That isn't meant in a disparaging sense, just a recognition that I simply prefer to live life as a childless bachelor. I don't even want a household pet.

If MGTOW does make a big deal out of their proclaimed single status, it's because mainstream society has a whole laundry list of expectations for other people (not just men - women get a whole lot of expectations thrust upon them too, but the immediate topic is men, not women). A lot of people still believe a man has to be "virile", "man up" by having a family (and in other ways in general), or at least be sleeping around in order to be worthy of escaping disrespect. This is just b.s. . If the person's lifestyle, acts, or speech is not directly hurting, harming, or degrading others' dignity - then so what?

Old 09-30-2015, 10:44 PM

11,086 posts, read 8,542,326 times
MWG - Men Without Girlfriends.

Old 09-30-2015, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
MWG - Men Without Girlfriends.
Misandric Women without Guys.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies