Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2015, 01:23 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,941,962 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
The Right are not "attacking" Hillary. They are questioning the emails and asking if what Hillary did was legal. Considering she waited until the FBI demanded the emails and server, she probably did do something illegal. Not really a surprise since it is Hillary we are talking about!
Actually, the right is not asking if what Hillary did was legal, they are asserting, before the facts have been determined, that she did something illegal. The purpose, is of course political, because currently Mrs. Clinton will defeat any of the current GOP candidates. Thus, it is necessary to swift-boat her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2015, 03:36 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,414,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Actually, the right is not asking if what Hillary did was legal, they are asserting, before the facts have been determined, that she did something illegal. The purpose, is of course political, because currently Mrs. Clinton will defeat any of the current GOP candidates. Thus, it is necessary to swift-boat her.

Massimo Calabresi of Time notes that the law "makes it a crime not just to knowingly mishandle such secrets, but also to use them 'in any manner prejudicial to the safety or interest of the United States.'"

Based on what we know so far, she's broken the law. If you have a clearance, it's your responsibility to ensure that you don't disseminate classified info, knowingly or unknowingly. As 4th in line to the President, there is absolutely zero possibility that she didn't receive classified info.

Old 08-18-2015, 03:41 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,941,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
Massimo Calabresi of Time notes that the law "makes it a crime not just to knowingly mishandle such secrets, but also to use them 'in any manner prejudicial to the safety or interest of the United States.'"

Based on what we know so far, she's broken the law. If you have a clearance, it's your responsibility to ensure that you don't disseminate classified info, knowingly or unknowingly. As 4th in line to the President, there is absolutely zero possibility that she didn't receive classified info.
I missed how they were used in any manner prejudicial to the safety or interest of the United States.

Old 08-18-2015, 03:45 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,414,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
I missed how they were used in any manner prejudicial to the safety or interest of the United States.

I'm not surprised you would.

She allowed mom and pop to access a server with Top Secret / SCI data. No worries there, eh? She had a legal responsibility to ensure anyone who worked on her server was cleared to the same level as her clearance.

Old 08-18-2015, 04:16 PM

27,119 posts, read 15,300,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
The Right attacking Hillary about the emails along with the support for Trump are the reasons why Clinton will win the White House.

The emails "scandal" is the 2016 version of the "birther/Kenyan/Tea Party" nonsense. So I say keep it up because this will simply mobilize us to campaign even HARDER for Hillary.

Clinton's credibility is gone with only whimpers of it among the blind that follow her.

Sadly now for her & her campaign is that they are starting to realize that it is shot and it's starting to show that they know.

Old 08-18-2015, 04:30 PM

6,738 posts, read 2,906,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Are you serious?

If it was a non-issue, why did the FBI ask for her email and server?

How could you even consider voting for such a corrupt person?
Kinda like the guy caught in bed with his mistress and denying it all the way to divorce court.
I must admire the posters "Never give up attitude", but at this point to deny hill's corruption is well past ridiculous and just makes one look foolish.
The old hog has been able to get away with it for years, but now her sizable azz is grass......

Old 08-18-2015, 04:59 PM

17,441 posts, read 9,261,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
I fail to see what real convenience she gained by doing this. So what was the point? Shes just an idiot. And she can do her usual point fingers, but this is all on her. No one else. If she didnt use a private server we wouldnt be talking about this.

I think the biggest flag is the fact that she refused to turn over the server for months and months, took it upon herself to determine was work related or not, and then wiped the server. That wasted a lot of man hours and what not. Which I guess was the point. If she were not hiding anything, she wouldve turned it all over on day one and said here, ive got nothing to hide.
She did it for both Control and Protection - even Eugene Robinson (Far Left writer for Washington Post) admits this - he wants an "apology" from her for the deception. I think he actually believes that a simple apology would make it all Hunky-Dory and go away. "It's about basic respect -- for us and for the truth" "just one plausible explanation: She wanted control" "Even if your name is Clinton, you have no right to unilaterally decide what is included and what is not" "I wish she wouldn't insult our intelligence" "she had the server professionally wiped clean" "recent pledges of openness and cooperation ring hollow" "an initial review of just 40 emails revealed two that reportedly should have been deemed top secret"....but, I'm going to vote for her anyhow!
........separately, in the world of the Clinton shell game, she thinks it's a defense to say that she was not the sender of classified info....but this is rediculous, since SHE created the situation DAY ONE by setting up the system outside of the DOS...

Clinton Is Her Own Worst Enemy By Eugene Robinson - August 18, 2015 |RealClearPolitics/Washington Post

Hillary is not only a control freak, she is incredibly stupid. She could have used both a State Department email account for carefully crafted "official" correspondence and the separate private server for "other." This is so obvious that one wonders why she didn't. I'm guessing arrogance had a lot to do with that decision.

Sometimes life is one big circle.

Hillary Clinton began her life in politics helping to prosecute Richard Nixon (and that's a story for another whole thread) for trying to hide what was public information from the public and all the while he was telling us that it was "private," and that there was nothing to see. He even went so far as to try to erase some of it to keep us from getting it.

And now, she is following in the footsteps of the politician she sought to dethrone some forty years earlier, for the digital version of almost the exact same thing.

I think that she knows how this charade of privilege & arrogance ends.

Old 08-18-2015, 05:57 PM

27,119 posts, read 15,300,057 times
Yes, Emailgate indeed.

Old 08-18-2015, 06:13 PM

2,238 posts, read 1,443,036 times

http://youtube.com/watch?v=g8huXkSaL7o

Old 08-18-2015, 06:45 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,932,912 times
I find it amazing that anyone can still support this woman. I look for the DNC to throw her under the bus even before all the truth comes out. They have to realize how toxic all of this is. I have long said she would not be the nominee of her party. Those thinking she still will be are living a fantasy..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies