Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2015, 11:00 AM

23,707 posts, read 30,749,085 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Because being a fair arbiter is the right thing to do?

You know. It usually makes life easier when you're actually fair. A foreign concept to you I know...but...

Anyway. Moreover, the Arabs have something we want and need.
Actually we don't need it. We want them to use up their supply and we pay a cheap price for it, so that we can sell our supply and make a higher profit on ours. Thus keeping the prices Americans pay higher than it should be.

Old 08-19-2015, 11:02 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMoreJuice View Post
My head hurts with your elementary posts..

Its been obvious with the Israeli boycott movement that Israeli goods in the US-world is a major contribution, or people wouldn't bother trying to destroy her through within.

Do your research before pretending to speak about topics you know nothing about...

Start here: Israeli Products in Maryland: Prescriptions
Israel will still sell us that stuff regardless. We don't need to be allies in order to procure those products.

Old 08-19-2015, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMoreJuice View Post
Yup, appease the Arab governments who seek our destruction, but turn a blind eye to an ally. Morality at its best.
Being fair is what I said. But to you, being fair is "appeasement" if the party being treated in such a manner is an Arab.

You tipped your hand on that one.

The Arabs have oil. I like oil. Americans like oil. I want to be able to purchase that oil.

BTW...I don't want to be allies with the Arabs either. I just want to be on good terms with them as it SHOULD be. I don't want to meddle in their internecine affairs, tell them how to treat women, involve myself in their wars or stop their genocides. None of that is our business.

And your accusations about "turning a blind eye to an ally" is bunk. I want to be friends with Israel. I don't want to be an ally. There's no reason for the United States to have permanent allies in that region.

Old 08-19-2015, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapRate View Post
I don't see any reason to be fair to two people when one is a complete dick head and the other is my friend.

People have always chosen winners and losers. This is nothing new in history.
Excuse me, but one group was our friend when the other group wasn't even in existence until 1948!

And contrary to what that other poster says, the United States was the most popular Western nation in the Arab World well into the 1950's.

Maybe you should figure out why that's no longer the case.

Old 08-19-2015, 11:23 AM

4,095 posts, read 2,565,645 times
Quote:
Being fair is what I said. But to you, being fair is "appeasement" if the party being treated in such a manner is an Arab.

You tipped your hand on that one.

The Arabs have oil. I like oil. Americans like oil. I want to be able to purchase that oil.

BTW...I don't want to be allies with the Arabs either. I just want to be on good terms with them as it SHOULD be. I don't want to meddle in their internecine affairs, tell them how to treat women, involve myself in their wars or stop their genocides. None of that is our business.

And your accusations about "turning a blind eye to an ally" is bunk. I want to be friends with Israel. I don't want to be an ally. There's no reason for the United States to have permanent allies in that region.
So you don't have some friends that are closer to you than others? Some you call over for a beer while some you only share greetings with?

All Infidel nations are a natural ally to the U.S.

Muslim nations call Israel and America Satans. All Infidel nations are Satans to Muslims in varying degrees.

Israel will always be an ally because of Islam's war on Infidels.

Old 08-19-2015, 11:24 AM

76 posts, read 85,040 times
Quote:
Excuse me, but one group was our friend when the other group wasn't even in existence until 1948!

And contrary to what that other poster says, the United States was the most popular Western nation in the Arab World well into the 1950's.

Maybe you should figure out why that's no longer the case.
Because they were embarrassed in multiple wars by the Israelis.

The only thing Arabs have is oil. No technology, no education, no medicine. Once that oil runs out they will have to go back to being goat herders. I'm sure they will want to be our friends again then so they can get hand outs.

Old 08-19-2015, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golimar View Post
So you don't have some friends that are closer to you than others? Some you call over for a beer while some you only share greetings with?

All Infidel nations are a natural ally to the U.S.

Muslim nations call Israel and America Satans. All Infidel nations are Satans to Muslims in varying degrees.

Israel will always be an ally because of Islam's war on Infidels.

You haven't provided a good reason as to why Israel should be a better friend than the Arabs. Don't cite religion, because both religions are useless as far as I'm concerned.

And the notion that Israel is the only democracy in the Middle East is bunk, but even if it were true, so what? The United States doesn't need permanent allies in that region, PERIOD.

We need the oil. And who has the oil?

Old 08-19-2015, 01:54 PM

Quote:

The only thing Arabs have is oil. No technology, no education, no medicine. Once that oil runs out they will have to go back to being goat herders. I'm sure they will want to be our friends again then so they can get hand outs.
Oil is important. We can build our own technology and what technology we don't innovate ourselves, we can outright buy from whomever is selling it.

So the Arabs hate us only because they lost wars? It has NOTHING to do with supporting dictators, financing and abetting brutal wars (Iran-Iraq War ring a bell?), starting a war based on false pretenses (Iraq) that led to thousands of deaths, or putting our finger on the scales in their relations with Israel?

No ....none of that. The Arabs are only angry because they lost a few wars.

You're a genius.

Old 08-19-2015, 02:12 PM

174 posts, read 124,523 times
According to Christians, the End times (days, whatever) will take place in Israel so it must be protected. Of course, people forget that after it takes place the Jews are gone.

As for non-religious Israel supporters...most I've seen have some religion left in them or just hate Muslims.

Old 08-19-2015, 02:22 PM

2,172 posts, read 1,453,864 times
Quote:

Tell that to China, India and international hedge funds.

Unlike us, most GCC nations made huge infrastructure improvements after 2008-'09.

Now their sovereign wealth funds have placed large reserves all over. Barclays, Harrods and Sainsbury's are just a few.

Currently, many in the Middle East are more prepared for a post-oil economy than we are.

Quote:
“For the UAE overall, low oil sector growth will be offset by high non-oil growth in Dubai. However, inflows into Dubai, especially from other GCC countries, will be impacted by lower oil prices,” she said.
“There will be some kind of slowdown in 2015, but it will be marginal, and driven mostly by corporate sentiment, not by changes in consumption behaviour.”
Non-oil growth on track in UAE private sector
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies