Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2015, 12:51 PM

4,630 posts, read 10,471,139 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio1803 View Post

Is there any evidence Iran will go directly attack Israel? If Iran does attack Israel is there any reason the U.S. should get involved on either side?
I think if the US stopped funding Israel's war machine, they would make peace with their neighbors.

Arabs have ruled Palestine since 600AD and have never committed genocide against the Jewish. Generally, they were peaceable and fair. Jewish people in Israel probably suffered more damage from Christian Crusaders than Muslims, and certainly more in Europe.

The whole "wipe them off the earth" quote is a quote taken out of context and used as propaganda. Dang all ya gotta do is google it.

And bottom line, the amount of American blood and money that should expended for perpetually propping up xenophobic Zionist lebensraum is IMO = ZERO.

We've been coddling them long enough. Time to let 'em sink or swim. Chances are if we do, they'll be just fine.

Old 08-23-2015, 12:54 PM

4,095 posts, read 2,563,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xS☺B☺s View Post
hmmm - no technology? Goat herders? Ummm, not sure you know what you're talking about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wupeczNgsQ
I have been to Dubai. As much as I enjoyed the facade and the biggest this and biggest that, the human rights violations taking place there make you want to throw up.

For the oil rich Gulf countries they have so much free money, they can buy anything they desire.

Western technology and cheap labor from India, Pakistan, and Bangladesh to build whatever the rich Arabs desire.

Even with all the glitz and glamour, unfortunately the oppressive Sharia Law still exists in Dubai. As a Norwegian girl found out when she was raped, that Islamic Law requires 4 male witnesses, an outrageous requirement.

"According to the Emirates Centre for Human Rights, UAE law states a rape conviction can only be secured after a confession or as the result of testimony from four adult male witnesses to the crime."

Dubai sentences Norwegian woman who reported rape - BBC News

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRPdIZ3dexU

Old 08-23-2015, 04:01 PM

3,830 posts, read 4,661,125 times
Quote:
hmmm - no technology? Goat herders? Ummm, not sure you know what you're talking about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wupeczNgsQ
Yeah all of that is just bought with oil money. Please show me the Arab engineers, scientists, and doctors that have invented anything useful in those hell holes.

Old 08-23-2015, 08:33 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,730,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperionGap View Post
Yeah all of that is just bought with oil money. Please show me the Arab engineers, scientists, and doctors that have invented anything useful in those hell holes.
There are numerous degreed Arab Engineers, Scientists and Doctors. Many of them come from families that have too much Oil money to actually work. The problem is that they went to a University for the title rather than actually learn anything. If they had actually learned anything I wouldn't be an American Jew going on my 11th year in Dubai working on Engineer level projects and my Nephew wouldn't be in Abu Dhabi working in the Financial sector.

Old 08-23-2015, 08:59 PM

2,528 posts, read 1,656,169 times
Quote:
Representative Duncan Hunter has not been the only one calling for war with Iran. Several other U.S. leaders have, Sen. John McCain, John Bolton, Sen. Tom Cotton, former Vice President Dick Cheney, and others.
Still they were not the supreme leaders, dictators of the country. And they did not call for annihilation of Iran.
Quote:
The U.S. has funded proxies against other countries (U.S.S.R., Nicaragua, Angola, etc...), much like Iran, Saudi Arabia, and others are against Israel. Israel has, and still is, funding proxies against Iran. One example is the U.S. funding the Mujaheddin against the U.S.S.R. during the Soviet Invasion of Afghanistan (1979-1989). Would you say the U.S. was attacking the U.S.S.R.?
"Guards of the Revolution" is not a proxy, it's an Iranian unit.

Quote:
Is there any evidence Iran will go directly attack Israel?
Again, what type of evidence do you want?

Quote:
If Iran does attack Israel is there any reason the U.S. should get involved on either side?
[/quote]
As an Israeli, I want that USA stop tie our hands, as it did in 1973, Lebanon and Gaza wars. Also, I think that Israel must stop accepting the aid from USA. We can do much better weapons and Russia&China would be glad to sell us their stuff. Israel should not put the eggs in only one basket.

Old 08-23-2015, 10:27 PM

3,830 posts, read 4,661,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
There are numerous degreed Arab Engineers, Scientists and Doctors. Many of them come from families that have too much Oil money to actually work. The problem is that they went to a University for the title rather than actually learn anything. If they had actually learned anything I wouldn't be an American Jew going on my 11th year in Dubai working on Engineer level projects and my Nephew wouldn't be in Abu Dhabi working in the Financial sector.
Absolutely. And they wouldn't have to hire American construction, engineering, & architectural professionals either if they could hire their own.

The gulf states have tons of money and very little institutions of higher learning or emphasis on education. It's going to really bite them in the ass when their natural resources run out.

Old 08-23-2015, 11:15 PM

595 posts, read 368,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mash123 View Post
Still they were not the supreme leaders, dictators of the country. And they did not call for annihilation of Iran.

"Guards of the Revolution" is not a proxy, it's an Iranian unit.

Again, what type of evidence do you want?

As an Israeli, I want that USA stop tie our hands, as it did in 1973, Lebanon and Gaza wars. Also, I think that Israel must stop accepting the aid from USA. We can do much better weapons and Russia&China would be glad to sell us their stuff. Israel should not put the eggs in only one basket.
Those politicians were, and still are, calling for war, much like some in Iran.

Evidence that Iran will directly attack Israel.

I agree, the U.S. should let Israel handle its own affairs as they see fit, whether it is with Iran, the Palestinians, or anyone else. The U.S. should not babysit Israel, or try to protect it. That is Israel's job to protect and defend itself.

Old 08-24-2015, 07:12 AM

23,707 posts, read 30,730,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mash123 View Post
As an Israeli, I want that USA stop tie our hands, as it did in 1973, Lebanon and Gaza wars. Also, I think that Israel must stop accepting the aid from USA. We can do much better weapons and Russia & China would be glad to sell us their stuff. Israel should not put the eggs in only one basket.
Definitely. The US, the EU and the UN need to get out of the Middle East and stop this fixation with Israel. Israel needs to act more like it's neighbors and not the US. The EU was no friend of Israel during the 1970's just by simply looking where the Arab weapons came from. As to Aid, it stopped being Aid when the Israel-Egypt Treaty was signed and became a discount/rebate on American arms. Israel was getting weaned off of the US discount/rebate during the early 2000's, but the Military Lobby had it kicked back up. As to Gaza, close the doors, cut the cables and give it back to Egypt and let them deal with it.

Old 08-24-2015, 07:33 AM

17,597 posts, read 17,629,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shotcall View Post
Just curious really, because I have never really understood it. Personally, I feel that American lives and tax dollars aren't worth it.
It's the only democratic government in a region filled with cruel dictators or kings. The surrounding nation's are a hotbed of Muslim terrorist. I'd rather support a democratic nation that actively fights against Muslim terrorist than support Islamic terrorist.

Old 08-24-2015, 07:38 AM

17,597 posts, read 17,629,777 times
Quote:
I think if the US stopped funding Israel's war machine, they would make peace with their neighbors.

Arabs have ruled Palestine since 600AD and have never committed genocide against the Jewish. Generally, they were peaceable and fair. Jewish people in Israel probably suffered more damage from Christian Crusaders than Muslims, and certainly more in Europe.

The whole "wipe them off the earth" quote is a quote taken out of context and used as propaganda. Dang all ya gotta do is google it.

And bottom line, the amount of American blood and money that should expended for perpetually propping up xenophobic Zionist lebensraum is IMO = ZERO.

We've been coddling them long enough. Time to let 'em sink or swim. Chances are if we do, they'll be just fine.
Wow, you really drank their koolaid! You might want to go back to school to learn some actual history instead of the fiction you just posted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies