Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2015, 11:22 PM

37,102 posts, read 41,267,704 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
yeah, like a lone female sniper wreaks havoc on a squad of U.S. Marines in that stupid full metal jacket movie really happened.
On my iPad. Hard to do links. Google Pavlichenko WWII female sniper.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2015, 11:51 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
On my iPad. Hard to do links. Google Pavlichenko WWII female sniper.
well, I was talking about the Full metal jacket sniper, never happened.

Old 08-23-2015, 11:52 PM

Plus, one super woman exists, doesn't mean all women should try for special forces.

You got some child soldiers kicking ass too, you know.

Old 08-24-2015, 06:39 AM

12,387 posts, read 8,152,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Plus, one super woman exists, doesn't mean all women should try for special forces.

You got some child soldiers kicking ass too, you know.

"All" women nor all men try for special forces. A high percentage are disqualified for things like eyesight long before the first physical test to see if they can go to jump school to get airborne qualified. Much less make it through a Ranger, Special Forces Assessment, Basic Underwater Demolition (BUDS) or SEAL qualification. Marine Recon or even just the USMC School of the Infantry.

However that two in a hundred or ten thousand who try and can qualify adds unique capabilities to an undercover force doing special things more effectively then trying to use a male Ranger, SEAL, Recon, Delta Trooper in woman's clothes.

Old 08-24-2015, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiko View Post

"All" women nor all men try for special forces. A high percentage are disqualified for things like eyesight long before the first physical test to see if they can go to jump school to get airborne qualified. Much less make it through a Ranger, Special Forces Assessment, Basic Underwater Demolition (BUDS) or SEAL qualification. Marine Recon or even just the USMC School of the Infantry.

However that two in a hundred or ten thousand who try and can qualify adds unique capabilities to an undercover force doing special things more effectively then trying to use a male Ranger, SEAL, Recon, Delta Trooper in woman's clothes.
well, I KNOW not ALL women nor all men try for special forces, no need to smack your head for that comment.

The bolded, agree to disagree. If you can prove they can do special things MORE effectively than male Recon, Delta, ranger, Seal, I am willing to listen. Graduate from a school does not mean you are better than anybody else who graduated from that school. Just because you make it all the way to the NBA, doesn't mean you get to play.

And please don't take it the wrong way, I don't mean to be disrespectful, but I think civilians are entitled to their own opinions as well.

I am not pretending to be a military expert because I am not and I won't be able to do what these two women did in a million years. However, Overwhelming majority of the combat veterans I know at least are very passionate about this subject, they don't want women in special forces.

I volunteer at va hospital, many veterans have said, "Unfortunately, people are going to look at Rangers a little bit different now, not in a good way." It has nothing to do with gender discrimination.

Last edited by lilyflower3191981; 08-24-2015 at 08:08 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies