Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2015, 11:33 AM

1,761 posts, read 1,714,046 times

Advertisements

Reading that list of "demands", one could sum it all up with the following:

"We demand the end of personal responsibility, personal accountability, and also demand immediate, continual and unfettered access to your wallet."

You read that entire list and tell me how you could possibly see it any differently. For the most part, the US has offered people the opportunity to shine bright, stay dull or work toward any position on the continuum of failure to wild success. It's impossible to guarantee equal outcomes.....just more or less equal opportunity. I see successful people of all colors, shapes and sizes around me. It can be done, but most choose not to accept any personal responsibility for their own plight. It's always 100% someone else's fault !

Perhaps you do have more barriers to success than most. Many people do start life out in the hole.....but rarely, if ever, is your failure not at least in large part, due to your own lack of effort and/or appropriately planning for success.

Last edited by jasper1372; 08-21-2015 at 11:56 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2015, 12:02 PM

1,793 posts, read 1,441,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper1372 View Post
Perhaps you do have more barriers to success than most.
What might those barriers be? And, what makes those barriers any different for people of any color in America?

Old 08-21-2015, 01:19 PM

50,809 posts, read 24,321,239 times
It always amazes me at how jealous some Whites are of people who have less.

Old 08-22-2015, 05:43 PM

7,300 posts, read 3,397,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
It always amazes me at how jealous some Whites are of people who have less.
Jealous of what?

Old 08-22-2015, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
What "excuses" were shared?

I am one of the few who stepped up to challenge the presidential statements I didn't speak of anything that can be construed as an "excuse."

Also, I am black,married, and gainfully employed. I own multiple properties and take full responsibility for my life. I don't take responsibility for other people for the most part (only my kids and specific family members). So I am unsure who you are speaking to and what are you talking about in regards to your comment.

What "community" is "messed up?"

If you are speaking of black people, we live all over the country. Are you talking about one of them or all of them?

And again, proof to Ferd in regards to generalizations.

Someone viewing this persons' comments as well would consider him/her to be a racist or prejudiced.

He insinuates that all black communities are irresponsible and we make excuses when again, the majority of us are fine and we live regular boring American lives.

On that note, done with work and about to go cook some buffalo blue-cheese turkey burgers and fries for the kids. The old evening routine of cooking, cleaning up, baths for the, kids, bedtime stories and relaxing before I go to bed tonight is at play. Just a glimpse into the life of a "black community" and our supposed lack of responsibility.
lol...don't lump them altogether unless they want you to when they are rent seeking for privileges or special attention.

I'm not sure who could possibly stay PC with this community. Anything that anyone says will be exploited for more admonishment, with rent seeking to follow. The chance to lecture on irrelevant minutia is titillating.

See them as individuals when anything negative is said and as a group when there are things to be had or group politics are to be agitated for. We get the hustle.

Old 08-22-2015, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
There is actually a lot of crime in majority white areas. There is a less occurrence for violent crimes but alcoholism, child neglect, drunk driving, and vehicular homicide relating to drunk driving, along with drug abuse is very concerning in white areas and is even rising in many rural and suburban predominantly white communities.
You're ignorant on all counts. Alcoholism and drug abuse is much worse in poor black neighborhoods, along with any associated crime. So is "child neglect", even though that is an overly general term. Also, violent crimes, which you admit are higher in black neighborhoods, are much more concerning than non-violent crimes.

Quote:
The families protest about whites getting shot/killed. But on this subject, it does seem that the majority of white people just don't care when their youth are gunned down, even if they under situations similar to those of blacks getting gunned down. On the whole, black people, even though I don't think we are in general a specific "community" we have a shared history and so we are more willing to support one another in certain causes, especially when they involve the deaths of children.

I remember prior to moving away from GA there was a white teenager who lived in a trailer park who was shot to death by a white police officer. His father was having a warrant served and as soon as the boy opened the door, the officer shot him, indicating that they feared for their life due to him holding a Wii remote controller that they mistook for a gun. That officer was cleared of wrong doing. No one said anything. And IMO people in that community should have said something and they should have made a big deal of it as that boy didn't deserve to get killed and the officer should have been punished. Recently there was news of another white teen being killed by police in a similar fashion to Samuel DuBose whereas he was shot in the back by cops but they stated they feared for their lives due to him driving a vehicle toward them. That boy had weed in his car. His family wanted to know why no one was "outraged" over his death. Ironically, Black Lives Matter did post about his death and asked why those who mock them by saying "#All Lives Matter" didn't gear up like they did and call for more probing into that situation and the many others that happen around the country involving non-black persons being killed by officers.
White people aren't given mainstream media attention when they complain, and they wouldn't be so daft as to agitate for widespread police reforms when statistically common, albeit deadly, mistakes are made. I remember the Wii controller death and there was outrage. Obviously, it wasn't covered in the news sources that you frequent. The cops mostly protect us and we know it, as we rarely commit violent crime. When a White person is killed by police, we are smart enough to be able to make the distinction between a justifiable shooting and a bad shooting. We don't rally to protest on the behalf of white criminals, and bad shootings are rare enough.

Old 08-22-2015, 07:40 PM

1,824 posts, read 1,721,664 times
It's what our Founding Fathers would have wanted. They are speaking in terms of what they want, as all do. The Libertarian Party believes all people are equals & hate is bad. These blacks are not proposing killing all white people. The drug war is most of the problem IMO. It is essentially a license to ruin the lives of blacks, poor & young. Few cops question it & like to tell the 1/6 th that use cannabis how evil they are. Not based on medical facts or any facts, other than Nixon signed the Controlled Substances Act of 1970 to get blacks, poor & young imprisoned up to 20 years. Best wishes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaConservative View Post
I guess I never understood what Black Lives Matter was all about but I went to their website and they have a section where they list all their "demands"- they sound pretty radical!

•We demand an end to all forms of discrimination and the full recognition of our human rights.
•We demand an immediate end to police brutality and the murder of Black people and all oppressed people.
•We demand full, living wage employment for our people.
•We demand decent housing fit for the shelter of human beings and an end to gentrification.
•We demand an end to the school to prison pipeline & quality education for all.
•We demand freedom from mass incarceration and an end to the prison industrial complex.
•We demand a racial justice agenda from the White House that is inclusive of our shared fate as Black men, women, trans and gender-nonconforming people. Not My Brother’s Keeper, but Our Children’s Keeper.
•We demand access to affordable healthy food for our neighborhoods.
•We demand an aggressive attack against all laws, policies, and entities that disenfranchise any community from expressing themselves at the ballot.
•We demand a public education system that teaches the rich history of Black people and celebrates the contributions we have made to this country and the world.
•We demand the release of all U.S. political prisoners.
•We demand an end to the military industrial complex that incentivizes private corporations to profit off of the death and destruction of Black and Brown communities across the globe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies