Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-21-2015, 06:09 AM

57,064 posts, read 26,024,198 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdustmaker View Post
It apparently was.

When a knocked up woman took a coat hanger to her pregnant uterus & it didn't end well or had a "back-alley" abortion that didn't end well, lots of people made it their business about the choices women were making for their own bodies.

Enter: "legal and safe abortions".

But then the envelope gets pushed farther - it's now a debate surrounding what week of gestation is a human life not really a human life until it is….and selling (while mutilating the body of the aborted) the organs of the aborted.

---------------------------------
Use birth control or don't have sex.

It really is that easy.

Before the excuses start? Closed societies, such as the FLDS, who don't educate their girls much past elementary school IF that (and certainly don't have sex ed or sit around and learn about birth control from their parents or at school) are full of the uneducated and oppressed and poor children who are smart enough to figure out when "Father" gets around to visiting & spending the night with their "Mother-sister wife #5", Mother ends up pregnant with another kid. Planned Parenthood didn't have to educate them all about it and I highly doubt mainstream teens go to PP to learn about the birds and the bees.

Condom broke? Stop. It's not like it isn't noticed.

Forgot to take your pill or get your shot or your implant is old or your IUD "fell out"? Restrain yourself or use a condom.

And if you have an irregular cycle? Keep some handy dandy preggo -pee stick tests on hand so you aren't 18 weeks when you finally figure it out. Can't afford them? Don't have unprotected sex.

Not brain surgery.

There is no excuse for ending up with an unwanted pregnancy in this day and age.

None.
Actually abortions are down but for a civilized country we still have way too many. Education is in fact key, I don't think people can relate to many of the bad decisions people make. The women and girls using these clinics don't come from 2 parent middle class educated families for the most part, they are poor single or no-parent children.

A large majority of women visiting these clinics are there for contraception, education and care for sexually transmitted diseases and other, what possible good would pulling funding from these facilities accomplish. The Title X program instituted in the 1970's provides grants to these clinics for education, congress wants that program cut but continued funding for abstinence education programs.

This tells me they don't want a solution just more of the same.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2015, 06:44 AM

119 posts, read 95,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
Just wondering if you support the repealing of all drug laws which regulate what a woman can put in their body? How about FDA regulations that prevent what women can put into their body?
Dude, it's seriously not the same. Some experiences are uniquely male, and some are uniquely female. Like pregnancy and breast feeding. It's kind of like having your whole life taken out of your hands in favor of that ( hopefully welcome) little being that's inside you.

I can't really explain the pain of child birth except to say that it feels like a huge charley horse from your breast line down to your knees. It takes a lot out of our bodies as well since the baby's needs take precedence over the mothers during pregnancy. Our bones and teeth leach calcium. Our breasts turn on like un controlled faucets when some infant starts crying at the grocery store.

You really don't understand vulnerability until you've been a woman with child. I don't expect you, as a man, to get it. But I'd sure like it if you respected it. Our fertility is not something a dipstick from Congress should be legislating.

Old 08-21-2015, 08:13 AM

12,287 posts, read 9,797,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lv_desert View Post
Dude, it's seriously not the same. Some experiences are uniquely male, and some are uniquely female. Like pregnancy and breast feeding. It's kind of like having your whole life taken out of your hands in favor of that ( hopefully welcome) little being that's inside you.

I can't really explain the pain of child birth except to say that it feels like a huge charley horse from your breast line down to your knees. It takes a lot out of our bodies as well since the baby's needs take precedence over the mothers during pregnancy. Our bones and teeth leach calcium. Our breasts turn on like un controlled faucets when some infant starts crying at the grocery store.

You really don't understand vulnerability until you've been a woman with child. I don't expect you, as a man, to get it. But I'd sure like it if you respected it. Our fertility is not something a dipstick from Congress should be legislating.
Why am I not allowed to control what I put into my body?

Old 08-21-2015, 08:14 AM

12,287 posts, read 9,797,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Actually abortions are down but for a civilized country we still have way too many. Education is in fact key, I don't think people can relate to many of the bad decisions people make. The women and girls using these clinics don't come from 2 parent middle class educated families for the most part, they are poor single or no-parent children.

A large majority of women visiting these clinics are there for contraception, education and care for sexually transmitted diseases and other, what possible good would pulling funding from these facilities accomplish. The Title X program instituted in the 1970's provides grants to these clinics for education, congress wants that program cut but continued funding for abstinence education programs.

This tells me they don't want a solution just more of the same.
Obamacare has solved all these access problems. No need for planned parenthood anyone since people can now see their doctor for such advice/care.

Old 08-21-2015, 09:27 AM

119 posts, read 95,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
Why am I not allowed to control what I put into my body?
What???

Old 08-21-2015, 11:06 AM

9,848 posts, read 8,268,003 times
Planned Parenthood says none of those abortions were babies; until the need to sell the human body parts.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm

Old 08-21-2015, 11:32 AM

18,345 posts, read 18,963,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winning Guy View Post
That isn't an answer to what I was asking. You keep saying that it's been answered many times, but it hasn't.

I'm not asking about a final conclusion. I'm asking about the logic and principles use to arrive at that conclusion. Is everything consistent?

Does "life" matter in the equation or not?

You stated before that choice is more important than life when it comes to a fetus. Why? What is the process that is involved in making that determination?

Why is the baby's life more valuable once it is not in the womb? What made is less valuable the previous day? Is it really less alive then or just less conscious?
a woman who is alive, walks talks, thinks and all the rest of what people do when they are alive has autonomy over her own body. end of story. she is the boss of her life, her body. just as you are the boss of your life and body, so is the woman. she gets to make all the determinations as you do.

the baby's life outside the womb becomes a person, living breathing just like the woman or the man that is alive and living.

you are asking some questions based on your persona judgments your "alive" is not quite the same as alive and living in the real world and not inside a womb. yes, the "alive" is less valuable and it is way less conscious when most abortions happen.

Old 08-21-2015, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrench409 View Post
What a dumb answer.

It's just tissue anyway, what's a matter of a few more weeks?
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
"Want" is a strange word choice for someone who obviously doesn`t care what the child wants or how my tax dollars are spent.
Quote:
It`s not the woman who is being aborted.
Quote:
So you are all for government telling people what they can do with their bodies when someone wants to sell an organ or use drugs and the privacy argument only applies to abortion.

Tell me something else I didn`t already know.
a dumb question is continuing to ask why a pregnancy is different than a baby born, why a week more is different. it's inside a womb, what is it that you guys can't comprehend that?

monkey, no one gets to pick how their tax dollars are spent. of course it isn't the woman being aborted. the one being aborted doesn't "know". a woman has rights. she does not have to remain pregnant if she doesn't want to. you can re read my post. I didn't say I was all for the government telling us what we can do with our bodies. I said the FDA probably could use less regulations. should they look into drugs meant for the public that would be poison of course they should. btw this has nothing to do with abortion.

Old 08-21-2015, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
Planned Parenthood says none of those abortions were babies; until the need to sell the human body parts.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm
you can't really think women are getting pregnant so they can wait till their 3rd trimester, then go to PP to have a difficult abortion and for no money themselves give the fetal tissue to PP so PP can make a profit. no wonder anti choice people buy what ever outrageous non vetted crap other anti choicers put out there.

Old 08-21-2015, 11:44 AM

9,848 posts, read 8,268,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
a woman who is alive, walks talks, thinks and all the rest of what people do when they are alive has autonomy over her own body. end of story. she is the boss of her life, her body. just as you are the boss of your life and body, so is the woman. she gets to make all the determinations as you do.

the baby's life outside the womb becomes a person, living breathing just like the woman or the man that is alive and living.

you are asking some questions based on your persona judgments your "alive" is not quite the same as alive and living in the real world and not inside a womb. yes, the "alive" is less valuable and it is way less conscious when most abortions happen.
Unfortunately for some dead kids, some of these women/moms don't think of their children over themselves. They are extoadinarily selfish with the exceptions of pregnancies from rapes or incest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies