Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2015, 11:49 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,286,793 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectator11040 View Post
As if what is already known about this horrid agreement isn't enough -
to make sure that the Iranian regime is not cheating, the regime will be responsible for inspecting itself!

UN to let Iran inspect alleged nuke work site | New York Post

And the Obama-Kerry team was privy to this. There is another secret side agreement which the AP (nor any other organization) has yet been able to unveil. What shocking surprises will come out of that one?

Obama LIED about "transparent" inspections, as he has lied about the rest of the "deal".

If you like your Iranian deal you can keep your Iranian deal?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2015, 06:48 AM

24,008 posts, read 15,100,850 times
Some of you folks need to start reading and stop spreading rumors.

During the negotiations, one of Iran's concerns was that somebody gathering samples could switch them out. Iran will be permitted to collect the sample in full view of the inspectors and immediately hand them of to the inspectors. I learned this by listening to a person who worked for Ford, Carter and Reagan.

Old 08-21-2015, 06:58 AM

119 posts, read 95,718 times
The interesting thing about Iran is that they are largely Shiite. ISIS is Sunni. Were there some hand shake deals that we will never read about? I'm pretty sure the answer is yes.

We make friends with both sides. Sunnis in Saudi Arabia, and Shiites in Iran. Then we see who comes out on top before we aim our weapons. That's just how we roll. Do I agree with it? No. But I'll be speaking up when I vote outside the box this year. Feel the bern.

Old 08-21-2015, 07:53 AM

5,831 posts, read 7,716,900 times
This is not a surprise to the Obama administration. They are actively remaking our international relationships and are on the same side as Iran. Their enemies are Israel and their conservative political opponents at home.

Old 08-21-2015, 08:09 AM

33,572 posts, read 18,177,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
Some of you folks need to start reading and stop spreading rumors.

During the negotiations, one of Iran's concerns was that somebody gathering samples could switch them out. Iran will be permitted to collect the sample in full view of the inspectors and immediately hand them of to the inspectors. I learned this by listening to a person who worked for Ford, Carter and Reagan.
The Iranians can switch it out ..what they have and the United States has no recourse at all. So this is good? Now that someone you speak about and the I A E A has no access at all. The Iranians will do the sampling. Some sites the Iranians refuse access.

‘Dangerous farce’: Lawmakers rip Iran deal over report Tehran can use own nuke inspectors | Fox News

The Associated Press reported Wednesday that, in an unusual and secret agreement with the U.N. agency that normally carries out such work, Iran can use its own experts and equipment in the search for evidence for activities that it has consistently denied -- trying to develop nuclear weapons.
At issue is an investigation of the Parchin nuclear site by the International Atomic Energy Agency. Iran has refused access to Parchin for years and denied any interest in -- or work on -- nuclear weapons. Based on U.S., Israeli and other intelligence and its own research, the IAEA suspects that the Islamic Republic may have experimented with high-explosive detonators for nuclear arms at that military facility and other weapons-related work elsewhere.
The IAEA has repeatedly cited evidence, based on satellite images, of possible attempts to sanitize the site since the alleged work stopped more than a decade ago.

Old 08-21-2015, 08:12 AM

1,219 posts, read 1,757,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
No-

We should have-

1. Maintained economic sanctions. We are the most powerful nation on earth. Had we stuck with sanctions, other nations value trade with the US more than Iran. - And what have US sanctions really done to Iran? You do realize without this deal, all the other nations involved in the negotiations have already said they are lifting all sanctions regardless of US action. So we will pull out of this deal and let China and Russia run the show? Do you not realize they are much bigger threats to the US than Iran?

2. Cooperated with Saudi, Jordan, and Israel regarding military options. Those nations have the ability to destroy the Iranian nuclear threat. All they need is the US to provide some logistical support and get out the way. -Wars in the Middle East have worked so well for us. Nothing gets the Middle East united more than a war against the great Satan, the United States. The average Jordanian or Saudi is far more anti-American than the average Iranian. I ask this question again, where did the majority of the 9/11 bombers come from again? Hint - it's not Iran.

3. It is easier to prevent a nuclear war than to clean up the mess later. - You are 100% correct, which is why we are negotiating with Iran. We are trying to prevent another North Korea.

4. Iran has pledged to destroy Israel and the US. They will use nuclear weapons against one or both. - Again, threats are one thing, but there are countries we are allies with who hurt us far more than Iran. Hint - look at where the 9/11 bombers came from.

5. COntinued sanctions-The Iranian economy was terrible with sanctions. They would have collapsed. - All the other nations negotiating are tired of the sanctions and want them lifted. A couple would do so just to make the US look weak on the world stage.

6. Prevented Iranian oil from seeing global markets..Allowing Iranian oil to flood the market jeopardizes US oil interests and US employment. - We have already killed thousands of our citizens and probably a million others to protect US oil "interests". Should we do so again? Regarding unemployment, should we not trade with other nations to protect US industries at home? That is protectionism and does not work in the global economy of the modern world.

7. Continued sanctions- this prevents Iran from using oil revenues to fund terrorism - What about all the other nations which sponsor terrorism that we have relations with? Contrary to popular belief, and government propoganda, Iran is not the largest sponsor of terrorism in the Middle East. Again, look to the nation where the majority of the terrorists on 9/11 were from.

8. Allowed regional military attacks- if the Iranians get the bomb, the Saudis will get nukes as well. Do we really want a nuclear arms race in the Middle East? - The bomb race in the Middle East started when Israel developed nuclear weapons in the 1970s. Egypt was the original nation pushing for a bomb and this led to the Jimmy Carter's Camp David accords. Libya & Iraq were also pushing ahead to develop a nuclear weapon. Iran is just the latest ME nation looking to develop a bomb.

WAKE UP

Agreed, you need to wake up and look at the forest through the trees my friend.

Old 08-21-2015, 10:11 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,685,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spectator11040 View Post
As if what is already known about this horrid agreement isn't enough -
to make sure that the Iranian regime is not cheating, the regime will be responsible for inspecting itself!

UN to let Iran inspect alleged nuke work site | New York Post

And the Obama-Kerry team was privy to this. There is another secret side agreement which the AP (nor any other organization) has yet been able to unveil. What shocking surprises will come out of that one?

Obama LIED about "transparent" inspections, as he has lied about the rest of the "deal".
I suppose Iran could purchase one ton of dirt from Iowa, so they will submit samples of that dirt any time UN inspectors ask for a sample. If Iran is given the authority to decide if they are following the rules, and not violating the rules, they can just say they are always in compliance.

Old 08-21-2015, 10:57 AM

2,014 posts, read 1,530,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Fair enough response. Really because thats the only two choices I see to resolving this. Other countries werent willing to continue the sanctions, and without that they are meaningless. I honestly suspect this was the best deal we could get.
False narrative. The only reason other countries have been willing to stop sanctions is because Obama and his merry band on incompetents refuse to exercise the leverage that the US holds. He has repeatedly shown that as long as he is in charge the US will be toothless. What a coprolite!

Old 08-21-2015, 12:43 PM

1,692 posts, read 1,961,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatDJohns View Post
Agreed, you need to wake up and look at the forest through the trees my friend.
Yup. I think what some morons don't grasp is that the U.S. does not control everything in the entire world and other countries don't have to say how high when we scream jump. They can instead roll their eyes, which is what would happen without a deal.

It's also quite hubristic for the U.S., the only country to have used nuclear weapons and one who has thousands of them, to tell Iran that they can't have them because I said so. Not that I want to see Iran with nuclear weapons, but the hypocrisy is stifling.

Sometimes we have to play nice with others - that's what this deal is.

Old 08-21-2015, 03:24 PM

5,831 posts, read 7,716,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by db108108 View Post
Yup. I think what some morons don't grasp is that the U.S. does not control everything in the entire world and other countries don't have to say how high when we scream jump. They can instead roll their eyes, which is what would happen without a deal.

It's also quite hubristic for the U.S., the only country to have used nuclear weapons and one who has thousands of them, to tell Iran that they can't have them because I said so. Not that I want to see Iran with nuclear weapons, but the hypocrisy is stifling.

Sometimes we have to play nice with others - that's what this deal is.
Moral equivalence sucks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies