Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2015, 12:35 PM

14,497 posts, read 9,427,121 times

Advertisements

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.2330658

Did Shaun King Mislead Oprah Winfrey About His Race?

Some have speculated that he's not, in fact, (part) black, as he claims to be.

Unlike Rachel Dolezal, who totally faked being black, King definitely looks like he has some black ancestry, in my opinion. I don't think he's a fake. His face is proof enough of his blackness, Breitbart's report notwithstanding. His "birth father" is listed as white, but he claims that this man is not his biological father, but that his biological father was a light-skinned black man.

I'm going to say his claim is credible based on his appearance. He doesn't really look half-black, so his biological father may have been half or even more than half white. But the black ancestry definitely shows in Shaun King's face, and that's hard to fake.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2015, 12:47 PM

862 posts, read 519,315 times
Doesn't matter to me.

Black/White/Whatever, he is a blowhard. Thats the only thing that matters. Shameful, yet predictable that the News gave him a job.

Old 12-29-2015, 12:48 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,391,510 times
He's at least some part black, more than likely.

What the eye rolling part about his whole controversy is, of course, that his African American percentage is heavily outweighed by his white devil ancestry.

He was also apparently raised in white household by a white mother and in white culture. But he's clung to this small percentage of "non-white" identity like so many do because he can absolve himself from the kind of phenotypically ascribed guilt that he projects onto white folks. In this way he has rejected his parentage and large part of his ancestry to cling to a non-white identity.

You see the same thing with people are are 1/16th Native American placing it in the same place of prominence as other parts of their ancestry. The most dutiful adherents to the "one drop" rule are actually not white people anymore.

I'm not a typical Obama hater, but this pathology is also exemplified by Obama. His white grandparents raised him, provided for him, sacrificed for him, made him who he is... Arguably, some might say that society SEES him as a black man, and it is fair for him to react to that and self-identity as black as opposed to bi-racial. But it goes further...he seems to honor his biological father's heritage the most. The glorified sperm donor.

Black liberationists and SJW like to talk about the "fragility of whiteness" and other such new-wave race theory topics, but there's an identity crisis and fragility at play with the "Shaun Kings" and Rachel Dolezals of the world that has nothing to do with whiteness or white supremacy. Quite the opposite. If there were any psychologists willing to discuss the phenomena without fear of being declared racist I'd be very interested in trying to understand the underpinnings.

Old 12-29-2015, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
He's at least some part black, more than likely.

What the eye rolling part about his whole controversy is, of course, that his African American percentage is heavily outweighed by his white devil ancestry.

He was also apparently raised in white household by a white mother and in white culture. But he's clung to this small percentage of "non-white" identity like so many do because he can absolve himself from the kind of phenotypically ascribed guilt that he projects onto white folks. In this way he has rejected his parentage and large part of his ancestry to cling to a non-white identity.

You see the same thing with people are are 1/16th Native American placing it in the same place of prominence as other parts of their ancestry. The most dutiful adherents to the "one drop" rule are actually not white people anymore.

I'm not a typical Obama hater, but this pathology is also exemplified by Obama. His white grandparents raised him, provided for him, sacrificed for him, made him who he is... and he honors his father's heritage the most. The glorified sperm donor.

Black liberationists and SJW like to talk about the "fragility of whiteness" and other such new-wave race theory topics, but there's an identity crisis and fragility at play here that has nothing to do with whiteness or white supremacy. Quite the opposite. If there were any psychologists willing to discuss the phenomena without fear of being declared racist I'd be very interested in trying to understand the underpinnings.
I see what you're saying, but someone who's, say, 1/16th Native American and 15/16ths white would probably just look white.

It has nothing to with the 1-drop rule. Shaun King could pass as a light-skinned black man, which he almost certainly is. He CANNOT pass as white, so it would seem silly for him to consider himself white. It seems like being obviously mixed has played a role in forming his identity, so I don't hold his identity against him, although I am the furthest thing from a BLM sympathizer.

The same thing is true for Obama. He obviously does not look white, so how can he really identify with his white side?

Old 12-29-2015, 01:13 PM

52,708 posts, read 34,525,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
I see what you're saying, but someone who's, say, 1/16th Native American and 15/16ths white would probably just look white.

It has nothing to with the 1-drop rule. Shaun King could pass as a light-skinned black man, which he almost certainly is. He CANNOT pass as white, so it would seem silly for him to consider himself white. It seems like being obviously mixed has played a role in forming his identity, so I don't hold his identity against him, although I am the furthest thing from a BLM sympathizer.

The same thing is true for Obama. He obviously does not look white, so how can he really identify with his white side?
say what?

he could absolutely pass as white. since he apparently is, after all.

if I ran into him on the street today, he would register in my mind as a white guy.

CNN: Family Member Of Shaun King Says Both Of His Parents Are White | The Daily Caller

Old 12-29-2015, 01:25 PM

26,467 posts, read 15,053,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
say what?

he could absolutely pass as white. since he apparently is, after all.

if I ran into him on the street today, he would register in my mind as a white guy.

CNN: Family Member Of Shaun King Says Both Of His Parents Are White | The Daily Caller
Additionally, Shaun King is refusing to take a DNA test.

In fact, King is claiming that someone stole his DNA and is using his DNA test to blackmail him.

How can a DNA test be used to blackmail Shaun King unless King is lying about his race?

King has turned down $25,000 for a DNA test as well. If King is half black or close to it, just take the test and the $25K....donate the money to charity of you don't want it.

Shaun King Claims Someone Is 'Threatening' Him With The Results Of A DNA Test | The Daily Caller

Group Offers $25K For Proof That Shaun King Is Black | The Daily Caller

My bet is, Shaun King is lying about his race. It is not like this is the first time King has been accused of being dishonest. He has been accused of embezzling money from his non-profit.

Liberals have literally built an industry around victimhood. You can literally get a college degree in "social justice" now. King found a way to capitalize on that victimhood - if he is being dishonest to acquire his position in this field, is it a problem when the whole premise of the field is based on half-truths?

Old 12-29-2015, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Additionally, Shaun King is refusing to take a DNA test.

In fact, King is claiming that someone stole his DNA and is using his DNA test to blackmail him.

How can a DNA test be used to blackmail Shaun King unless King is lying about his race?

King has turned down $25,000 for a DNA test as well. If King is half black or close to it, just take the test and the $25K....donate the money to charity of you don't want it.

Shaun King Claims Someone Is 'Threatening' Him With The Results Of A DNA Test | The Daily Caller

Group Offers $25K For Proof That Shaun King Is Black | The Daily Caller

My bet is, Shaun King is lying about his race. It is not like this is the first time King has been accused of being dishonest. He has been accused of embezzling money from his non-profit.

There is an industry that has developed around victimhood, King found a way to capitalize on that victimhood.
Either he is black, or he lied about this being his sophomore year picture, because there's no way this is a white person:

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/...9996999764.jpg

Old 12-29-2015, 01:33 PM

15,064 posts, read 6,167,490 times
Does it matter?

Old 12-29-2015, 01:35 PM

52,708 posts, read 34,525,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
Either he is black, or he lied about this being his sophomore year picture, because there's no way this is a white person:

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/...9996999764.jpg
the cops obviously thought otherwise.

http://media.breitbart.com/media/201...3.07.33-AM.jpg

Old 12-29-2015, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
the cops obviously thought otherwise.

http://media.breitbart.com/media/201...3.07.33-AM.jpg
I understand that he can be mistaken for a white man since he is fair-skinned. However, I do think his black features are quite evident if you look more closely as his face.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies