Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2015, 02:06 PM

14,497 posts, read 9,427,121 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by turkey-head View Post
Well yeah, if you cut off the part of my post where I talk about how I look, I guess it seems like I'm neglecting to mention how I look.
No, you brought up a trace amount of ancestry you supposedly have and misapplied the 1-drop rule to that. In fact, the 1-drop rule applies to those who do not look white. It was not really intended to apply to those with, perhaps, only trace African or other nonwhite ancestry, which may only be statistical noise. And in the context of this thread, I assert that Shaun King does NOT look white, so the "1-drop" rule would apply.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2015, 02:07 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,895,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
i wouldn't. he's more anglo-looking than i am.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/...0004746708.jpg

^ doesn't appear remotely black. must be something wrong with my computer monitor...
I'd "profile" him as a white dude.

Old 12-29-2015, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Not always true. I've known several "quadroons" who were like you described; ALL of them claimed "anglo white" and would def "pass". Too; Arabs like your Lebanese are also of the white race. Not all of us whities have pasty skin, light hair and eyes. Hell; some of us are pretty damn brown in color, which flips out the Hispanics and even Blacks.
The Lebanese are considered white in the US Census, but not really socially.

Occasionally, someone of 1/4 or even 1/2 African ancestry may indeed pass as white. However, they usually cannot.

Old 12-29-2015, 02:11 PM

27,213 posts, read 46,724,071 times
My parents are both from the same country as I am but my grand parents were from 3 different countries so should I now identify myself as part this and part that...

Really! Maybe we should stop putting the race on an ID and just a picture and people can judge themselves and why is it so important to name the race on so many papers as we never came across that in Europe.

I can understand that if the cops are looking for someone but for most things I feel it is unnecessary like for surveys from stores, etc. I understand that stores like to know who buy there but with all the cameras they have plenty of access to see who is walking in and out.

Old 12-29-2015, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Maybe he is, maybe he isn't.

However, if he is so confident about being black why not take the $25,000 a conservative group offered him for a simple DNA test?

Why does a sibling say he is white?

If he is so confident in being black, why is he claiming that someone stole his DNA and is using the results to blackmail him? If the results were him being black, how could it blackmail him?
It could be out of principle. In fact, false DNA tests have been used against activists. DNA testing is not foolproof. Craig Cobb was claimed to be 14% black when he agreed to take a DNA test, but it appears it was a bogus result.

Old 12-29-2015, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
i wouldn't. he's more anglo-looking than i am.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/...0004746708.jpg

^ doesn't appear remotely black. must be something wrong with my computer monitor...
Looks Puerto Rican or something like that in that photo. Looks almost-white, but definitely not quite.

Even if his father was "white", I'm guessing there was black ancestry in the family somewhere. Because it appears King acquired his black identity from being singled out on the basis of his looks while he was a child. He does not look white. He looks mixed. So I can understand how this identity formed.

Old 12-29-2015, 02:22 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,895,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
The Lebanese are considered white in the US Census, but not really socially.

Occasionally, someone of 1/4 or even 1/2 African ancestry may indeed pass as white. However, they usually cannot.
The few people I've know who were half or less Arab def IS as "anglo white". Hell; a friend of mine who's 3 quarters Syrian self IDs as a "Redneck white girl". lol

Old 12-29-2015, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
The few people I've know who were half or less Arab def IS as "anglo white". Hell; a friend of mine who's 3 quarters Syrian self IDs as a "Redneck white girl". lol
Syrians and Lebanese are heavily descended from Neolithic farmers, who migrated into Europe. Some Southern European are majority Neolithic farmer in ancestry. Even in Northern Europe, Neolithic farmer ancestry is quite substantial. So where the white race beings and ends is not quite clearly definable. The Lebanese and Iranians are descended from the same source populations as Sardinians or Tuscans (and other Europeans, for that matter), for example, but they have notably less Northern European ancestry.

https://genographic.nationalgeograph...e-populations/

Old 12-29-2015, 02:40 PM

4,540 posts, read 2,765,810 times
Quote:
No, you brought up a trace amount of ancestry you supposedly have and misapplied the 1-drop rule to that. In fact, the 1-drop rule applies to those who do not look white. It was not really intended to apply to those with, perhaps, only trace African or other nonwhite ancestry, which may only be statistical noise. And in the context of this thread, I assert that Shaun King does NOT look white, so the "1-drop" rule would apply.
Says who?

You?

My wife wasn't surprised that I'm black...

Old 12-29-2015, 02:42 PM

26,468 posts, read 15,053,236 times
Quote:
It could be out of principle. In fact, false DNA tests have been used against activists. DNA testing is not foolproof. Craig Cobb was claimed to be 14% black when he agreed to take a DNA test, but it appears it was a bogus result.
A man who makes his living off of being a black activist refuses to take a DNA test for $25,000 doesn't seem suspicious?

Now throw in that his sibling, arrest records, birth records, and other family members say he is white.

Now add in that he has integrity problems like possibly embezzling money from a non-profit.

Liberals deserve to be frauded by this guy, they created this victimhood industry and refuse to give common sense scrutiny to him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies