Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2017, 10:10 AM

7,827 posts, read 3,381,194 times

Advertisements

In all species, including humans, individuals look for mates, who are an attractive specimen. This is a law of nature and to deny it is to deny reality.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2017, 10:35 AM

2,333 posts, read 1,488,949 times
Of course there is a cultural bias towards attractiveness... that is in every culture, every time in history. I just saw a headline the other day that showed some study showing attractive people are less likely to be in low-income jobs or something like that. Didn't read it because it wouldn't surprise me.

About attractive people driving luxury cars... it's money, honey. Guarantee you, with money, any woman can look attractive. (barring serious disfigurements).

Old 10-25-2017, 10:37 AM

12,547 posts, read 9,934,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
In all species, including humans, individuals look for mates, who are an attractive specimen. This is a law of nature and to deny it is to deny reality.
How do SJWs plan to change this? It’s not fair that attractive people have advantages because of the way they look.

Old 10-25-2017, 10:45 AM

12,547 posts, read 9,934,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BicoastalAnn View Post

About attractive people driving luxury cars... it's money, honey. Guarantee you, with money, any woman can look attractive. (barring serious disfigurements).
I’ve sorta noticed this - money can buy a Hollywood smile, great skin care treatments/makeup, great hair cut, good personal trainer, healthier foods, designer clothes, etc. All of this can keep wealthier women looking great in their 40s, 50s and in some cases 60+. I notice this when I go to malls in wealthy areas vs working class areas.

Old 10-25-2017, 10:58 AM

16,911 posts, read 10,589,904 times
There's no white privilege.

Old 10-25-2017, 11:04 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,597,823 times
I was in China when I was 12 years old. Back then, there was a white privilege in China. If you were white, then you were automatically rich. (They view Japanese people the same)

Now, probably not. If you were white, they don't automatically assume that you are rich.

I think there is attractive privilege for sure.

Old 10-25-2017, 11:32 AM

7,827 posts, read 3,381,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
How do SJWs plan to change this? It’s not fair that attractive people have advantages because of the way they look.
They'll do what they always do when presented with facts and reality-ignore the facts and preach their gospel.

Old 10-25-2017, 12:11 PM

14,483 posts, read 11,280,665 times
Yes but its the only form of privilege that goes away with the passage of time.

Old 10-25-2017, 12:17 PM

19,632 posts, read 12,222,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
Fat acceptance. Make fat attractive and thin unattractive. Make purple buzzcuts pretty and long natural hair ugly. Just flip everything upside down. Well they are trying anyway.

Old 10-25-2017, 12:44 PM

5,472 posts, read 3,224,649 times
When it comes to "Pretty People" black or white, if one has the money for the "upkeep" its one thing, but if that money fades and that upkeep cannot be paid for... what you get is a "average person" with nice face feature.

One can get with an average looking person, give them the same make over money and process that so called pretty people have, and you have the same things.

When it come down to "body organs and function"... all body organs do the same thing, whether its on a fat person or a skinny person.

Quote:
I'll take this any day... over some of that "made up imagery seen in the media types":

"A naturally healthy person with appealing facial feature, a body that is not over or underweight, a nice personality, a honest character and one who has moral stability in their integrity, and does not chase vanity like some obsession.... who knows how to work, share and invest themselves in understanding and be willing to invest in being understood", and be self motivated to want to be in a relationships and self responsibility to put in the efforts to help make it work. If they wear make up, they use it for "highlight" not to try and remake their face.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies