Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2015, 07:51 PM

1,078 posts, read 1,075,941 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
  • S&P 500 is up roughly 190% from previous lows (down roughly 7.5% from all time highs)
  • Dow Jones 30 is up roughly 150% from previous lows (down roughly 10.5% from all time highs)

If you think this is a stock market crash, you should get out of the market now. We have had one of the strongest bull markets in our lifetime that has for the most part defied odds. We are just starting to get into a correction, nothing to be scared about unless you only have speculative over-valued crap. Could this turn into a crash, sure it could, anything could happen, but guessing is just stupid.
The only numbers I care about are the current prices of stocks I have in my portfolio. And they are down by over 25%.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2015, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
The rich will not be profiting if the market crashes.
Yes they are. They get advance notice of a so-called crash and sell before the crash. And then buy again after the crash.

Rinse and repeat.

And by "rich", I'm talking about the few you can purchase stocks a low prices before everyone else. You know, before we can buy them.

Old 08-21-2015, 08:05 PM

498 posts, read 543,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by incognitoe View Post
Yes they are. They get advance notice of a so-called crash and sell before the crash. And then buy again after the crash.

Rinse and repeat.

And by "rich", I'm talking about the few you can purchase stocks a low prices before everyone else. You know, before we can buy them.

Buy stocks in Tinfoil!

Old 08-21-2015, 08:07 PM

25,555 posts, read 17,256,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Conversation View Post
Saw an interesting piece on CNBC this evening as the market decays. If the market meltdown continues and the economy stalls out or falls back into recession, it's likely to keep the Democrats out of the White House.

Agree?

Slumping stocks another blow to Hillary
No.
That's not what is going to keep Democrats out of the White House.

75 million votes for whomever is the Republican nominee - that's what is going to keep Democrats out of the White House.
Payback for Obamacare - that's what is going to keep Democrats out of the White House.
Payback for nuclear Iran - that's what is going to keep Democrats out of the White House.
Payback for appointing Eric Holder Attorney General - that's what is going to keep Democrats out of the White House.
Payback for "What does it matter?" - that's what is going to keep Democrats out of the White House.

It won't matter what the economy does. The Democrats have shot themselves in the foot, reloaded and shot themselves in the other foot.
Lame Duck? No. They are wingless ducks currently at 10,000 feet.
Listen to them quack.

Old 08-21-2015, 08:08 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,816,866 times
Quote:

Rinse and repeat.

Where do I sign up for this email blast?

Old 08-21-2015, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Where do I sign up for this email blast?
??? Remember when Alibaba went public?

The open price for the elites were $68.

By the time we were able to get it. It was at $92.70 Just a small example of how some people have access to the market before it actually opens.

Old 08-21-2015, 08:24 PM

Quote:
??? Remember when Alibaba went public?

The open price for the elites were $68.

By the time we were able to get it. It was at $92.70 Just a small example of how some people have access to the market before it actually opens.
So what threshold has to be crossed to become "elite" to have access to this early bird stock exchange?

Is my white privilege enough to get me access?

Old 08-21-2015, 08:33 PM

Quote:
So what threshold has to be crossed to become "elite" to have access to this early bird stock exchange?

Is my white privilege enough to get me access?

What does you being what have to do with it? I doubt you have pre-market (IPO) access to the stocks.

Old 08-21-2015, 08:40 PM

Quote:
What does you being what have to do with it? I doubt you have pre-market (IPO) access to the stocks.
You keep saying these "elite" have access, I just want to know what makes one "elite" so as to have access?

Anyways, pre market ipo purchases have lots of risks, it is not always the great thing you make it out to be. Just wondering, do you get all worked up when a large company loses money doing high risk investments?
http://www.sec.gov/investor/pubs/preipo.htm

Old 08-21-2015, 08:44 PM

22,653 posts, read 24,575,170 times
HUM, guess the Fed ain't budging until..........ummm, at least 2016!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies