U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2015, 07:15 PM

23,280 posts, read 22,578,378 times

Advertisements

Some of Trump's most popular policies are...
  • Telling American companies they cannot open manufacturing outside the country or else they will face big tariffs
  • Placing tariffs on products from China, Japan, Mexico etc, which is protectionism
  • Forcing businesses to pay H1B visa employees more than Americans

These are just some things and I'm not saying they are bad, I'm simply saying these are the exact OPPOSITE of free markets and small/limited government.

As of now Trump is at the top of my list, so I'm not attacking Trump, I actually like that Trump isn't the stereotypical Conservative/Republican, you can still see he has some Democrat beliefs in him or at least Democrat influences.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2015, 07:19 PM

4,095 posts, read 2,311,803 times
or you could say Democrats are for big government but only when it comes to promoting and rewarding lawlessness like; open borders, no voter ID, sanctuary cities, anchor babies, free tuition for illegals, etc.

I am a 2008 Obama supporter, never again.

Lets make America Great again.

Old 08-21-2015, 07:24 PM

32,054 posts, read 16,374,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
Some of Trump's most popular policies are...
  • Telling American companies they cannot open manufacturing outside the country or else they will face big tariffs
  • Placing tariffs on products from China, Japan, Mexico etc, which is protectionism
  • Forcing businesses to pay H1B visa employees more than Americans

These are just some things and I'm not saying they are bad, I'm simply saying these are the exact OPPOSITE of free markets and small/limited government.

As of now Trump is at the top of my list, so I'm not attacking Trump, I actually like that Trump isn't the stereotypical Conservative/Republican, you can still see he has some Democrat beliefs in him or at least Democrat influences.
None of those are particularly "big government"

Big government is more along the lines of oh....massive prison incarcerations, seizure of peoples belongings (like oh the 10K in cash you have on you), etc etc.

I dont really think of the things he is suggesting being all that representative of big government.

Old 08-21-2015, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golimar View Post
or you could say Democrats are for big government but only when it comes to promoting and rewarding lawlessness like; open borders, no voter ID, sanctuary cities, anchor babies, free tuition for illegals, etc.

There is no need to get defensive, like I said I am a Trump supporter, but like him I will say it like it is... tired of hearing people say how they hate big government and want government to get out of our lives, then defend to the bone stuff like demanding businesses to pay $xxx to employee A and $xxxx to employee B, or telling businesses where they are allowed to manufacture or else face the consequences etc. That is not small or limited government.

This is why Ron Paul never stood a chance, he truly was a Conservative who believed in small and limited government.

It also explains why our deficit has exploded during GOP leadership as well.

Old 08-21-2015, 07:28 PM

4,899 posts, read 3,179,829 times
We can play nice with other countries but we're being treated like a freakin door mat.

ENOUGH is enough

Old 08-21-2015, 07:31 PM

Quote:

This is why Ron Paul never stood a chance, he truly was a Conservative who believed in small and limited government.

It also explains why our deficit has exploded during GOP leadership as well.
Kind of funny that deficits have gone down under our last couple of Democratic presidents

Old 08-21-2015, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeastah View Post
We can play nice with other countries but we're being treated like a freakin door mat.

ENOUGH is enough
I agree with that but for example South Korea is paying us more than half a billion for protection. It's actually a political issue during elections there as to whether or not they should keep paying the US for protection etc. They are not getting a free ride like Trump said.

Old 08-21-2015, 07:34 PM

Quote:
I agree with that but for example South Korea is paying us more than half a billion for protection. It's actually a political issue during elections there as to whether or not they should keep paying the US for protection etc. They are not getting a free ride like Trump said.
Wait....how are they paying us? (really curious).

And how much are we spending to be over there?

Old 08-21-2015, 07:54 PM

188 posts, read 165,496 times
Bush was about small gov but he spent a ton of money.

Old 08-21-2015, 07:56 PM

3,557 posts, read 3,801,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golimar View Post

Suuuuuuure you are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies