Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2015, 01:36 PM

46,951 posts, read 25,984,404 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by golimar View Post
Of course they won't otherwise they would have to do something about it.
Oh, you guys are just adorable.

"Here's a report that describes 55 no-go zones in Sweden"
<Swedish-speaking person points out it doesn't.>
"Look! The Swedes are too scared to speak of their 55 no-go zones."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2015, 01:39 PM

23,857 posts, read 71,329,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Do you agree with your prime ministers that:

1) Swedish culture is nothing but barbarism without the influence of new arrivals?

2) That Swedish culture is something that is not valuable?

3) That Sweden belongs to immigrants... the "New Swedish"... and not to the "Old Swedish"?

4) That Sweden should continue to let in hundreds of thousands of immigrants who do not seem willing to adopt Swedish customs and culture?

And while we're on the subject... what's the "white person" version of an "Uncle Tom," anyway?
What is swedish culture?
We have had outside influnces for centuries.

No, we shouldn´t let in those who are not willing to adopt, but we should help those that are.
That last eight years we have lost hundreds of billions in taxes during the Alliance government.
We can afford to help both ourselves and refugees. I don´t know about how many we can afford, but we can.
I think both the Alliance and the Social Democrats have failed with integration.
Of course I don´t want us to help extremists, not of any kind, but a person doesn´t become an extremist just by being a muslim.

Old 08-24-2015, 05:29 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,402,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSwede View Post
What is swedish culture?
You tell me. Do you believe Sweden "has no culture," but, say, Somalians DO?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSwede
We have had outside influnces for centuries.
So has every other culture on earth, at some point or another. It doesn't mean that the indigenous population "has no culture otherwise." Swedish customs, through its Viking ancestry, actually lent its culture and influence on other parts of the world too, including the English language.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSwede
No, we shouldn´t let in those who are not willing to adopt, but we should help those that are.
That last eight years we have lost hundreds of billions in taxes during the Alliance government.
We can afford to help both ourselves and refugees. I don´t know about how many we can afford, but we can.
I think both the Alliance and the Social Democrats have failed with integration.
Of course I don´t want us to help extremists, not of any kind, but a person doesn´t become an extremist just by being a muslim.

What's the imperative to be the flop house for the world's refugees? Especially those from diametrically opposed cultures? The video posted by the (immigrant) Swede was pretty maddening, and I'm not even Swedish.

You don't even have to be an "extremist" to see the clash of civilizations. There is an inherent conflict demonstrated by the Muslim WELCOME COMMITTEE employee who refused to shake hands with women for "religious reasons"... and not a single expression of outrage from liberals or feminists. Swedes are letting illiberal cultures into a liberal society. What do you think the end result is going to be?

But if you already operate from a position that there is nothing valuable to protect or preserve about Swedish culture or way of life (despite the fact that it is Swedish culture which MAKES it such a magnet for an attractive way of life), then maybe there really is no hope and you can just hand over everything that's been built over centuries of struggle, reform and enlightenment because other people count more than Swedes. Let the children of your children deal with consequences, I suppose.

Old 08-24-2015, 05:57 PM

4,095 posts, read 2,565,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
You tell me. Do you believe Sweden "has no culture," but, say, Somalians DO?
You know things are bad when two brave Somali women warn Swedes to wake up and stop the suicide they are committing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXXAKDZsA2g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=as4m-dDubjg

Old 08-24-2015, 06:42 PM

3,304 posts, read 2,172,400 times
The affliction that is affecting Sweden and much of the West is pathological altruism, brought on by effort to constantly feel that one is more noble than one's peers. You can notice the condescending tone against those who disapprove of this supplicating behavior by those who practice it. They even call themselves "progressives," which implies that those who don't share this mindset are somehow backwards and unenlightened. They believe in the righteousness of their views with the convictions of a deeply religious person, which is ironic because those who believe in these humanist principles tend to be irreligious and proudly boast of their belief in science. Yet facts and reason won't sway them. They will still champion the joys of diversity even after they flee the cities ravaged by the newcomers they allowed to come.

Old 08-24-2015, 08:22 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Amazing how Americans, broke, defeated in an embarrassing war and losing another one, can somehow find it easy to criticize other nations.

Old 08-24-2015, 08:25 PM

4,095 posts, read 2,565,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Amazing how Americans, broke, defeated in an embarrassing war and losing another one, can somehow find it easy to criticize other nations.
The discussion is not about being broke or going to war, what does that have to do with the topic in hand.

Old 08-25-2015, 06:54 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,402,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I can find it easy to criticize both. And I DO think the US suffers from a lot of the same mentality that afflicts Sweden, specifically when it comes to coddling illegal immigrants to the detriment of resources which should be spent to help CITIZENS and LEGAL IMMIGRANTS (like MY family, btw).

Old 08-25-2015, 08:26 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,487,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trimt7 View Post
i can find it easy to criticize both. And i do think the us suffers from a lot of the same mentality that afflicts sweden, specifically when it comes to coddling illegal immigrants to the detriment of resources which should be spent to help citizens and legal immigrants (like my family, btw).
Bingo! We have a winner.

Old 08-25-2015, 08:40 AM

1,248 posts, read 1,383,530 times
There is not enough information on the article. All we know it was a son and mother who was attacked in the store. The person might ( again might ) have yelled out something.

Otherwise IKEA is a cheap place to purchase things. I have some garbage from IKEA. It is sturdy but is breaking down. IKEA is basically a place for super cheap people to buy things from. I brought a sturdy frying pan from them one time. I will admit there pots are amazing.

It has nothing nothing to do with Islamic people at all.

IKEA does not allow guns in there store.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies