Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Why is it always "do as I say, not as I do"?
It's not 0 0%
They are confused 0 0%
They like to be the boss 6 66.67%
Other 3 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2015, 11:42 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,832,973 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyCNY View Post
Or like how Donald Trump wants illegal immigrants to go back home....yet hires illegals to build his hotels.
try again. trump does not hire illegals, why should he when he sponsors thousands of legal guest workers under the H1-B visa program.

Quote:
Or how Trump the Dump whines about outsourcing...yet his clothing line MADE IN MEXICO and CHINA.
he only puts his name on the clothing line, he has no control over where they are made, that is up to the companies that produce the clothing. he only allows his name to be put on the clothes.

nice try but you are failing

Quote:
Hypocrisy is simply a virture amongst today's GOP loony teabaggers.

The GOP's new slogan: "Do As I Say, Not As I Do"
funny but that is what the democrats have been doing all along, so again you are failing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2015, 09:19 PM

10,908 posts, read 9,554,399 times
All politicians, regardless of party, like to think of themselves as elite and the laws do not apply to them.

Old 08-24-2015, 09:31 PM

5,717 posts, read 3,145,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndCommunism View Post
Why is politics always "do as I say, not as I do"?
That's what we keep trying to figure out. Unfortunately, the liberals never answer.

Old 08-24-2015, 10:08 PM

3,735 posts, read 2,558,693 times
Politicians don't have a monopoly on hypocrisy.. it's a ubiquitous part of the human condition.

But politicians live in the public eye, so their hypocrisy is (often) on full display. When a tow truck driver, or insurance salesman, etc. acts hypocritically, there's a much smaller audience watching & judging them; I assume.

Old 08-24-2015, 10:20 PM

5,301 posts, read 2,354,699 times
One thing to think about...most people seem to want the government to act like a parent, and a lot of parents are hypocritical with their children. I think there's a connection there. People learn a lot from their parents' actions.

Old 08-25-2015, 11:17 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,554,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babe_Ruth View Post
Politicians don't have a monopoly on hypocrisy.. it's a ubiquitous part of the human condition.

But politicians live in the public eye, so their hypocrisy is (often) on full display. When a tow truck driver, or insurance salesman, etc. acts hypocritically, there's a much smaller audience watching & judging them; I assume.
So are you saying such a situation makes it all right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies