Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2015, 04:18 AM

231 posts, read 213,325 times

Advertisements

It is far too late in the game for peoples behavior to improve.
Things will only get worse. Accept this fact and be prepared.

This is exactly why my wife and I mainly stay home.
We enjoy our peace and quiet.

Old 08-25-2015, 04:22 AM

231 posts, read 213,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sputnam409 View Post
ever been ANYWHERE with a group of black people?
I ride public transit in Dallas daily and most of the people most of the time act decently.

But when a group of young people get on the train I will switch my playlist to loud heavy rock music and crank the volume up to drown them out!

Old 08-25-2015, 05:50 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,914,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
You always have a story, don't you?So, why didn't you move, or beckon the manager, or politely talk to the offenders?
Why do personal anecdotes bother you? And why are you "calling me out" on it? This thread is full of personal anecdotes from lots of people.

I already explained that we should have moved, but that's not the point of my story. Congrats on totally missing the point, so I'll spell it out for you. Read carefully.

The point is that bad behavior can come from any group of people of any color and should not be tolerated. Nor should any one entire group of people be slammed because of the actions of a few.

The women on the train just happened to be black. They also happened to be misbehaving. One fact doesn't cause the other fact. Nor should one fact excuse the other fact.

Old 08-25-2015, 06:01 AM

32,024 posts, read 36,782,996 times
Do blacks routinely get booted off this train or was it just this particular group?

Old 08-25-2015, 06:03 AM

17,178 posts, read 15,382,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Sterling View Post
As an example just look at Toronto's Caribana parade that's held here every year. This is what it USE to look like back in 1998:

People mostly respecting the rules and keeping off the parade route and being civil and therefore taller fencing wasn't necessary. In recent years it has looked more like this:

Note the crowd is suppose to be TO THE RIGHT OF THE FENCE off the parade route. So EVEN WITH FENCING to try and keep spectators separated from the performers hasn't worked out. Look at how things have changed over the years because of black behavior. This is just one example of many where without alot of security and enforcement of rules, blacks will do whatever they feel like.

Caribana here went from not requiring any serious fencing beyond the normal ones to keep people off the parade route to requiring concrete base fences that are many feet high to keep people from jumping onto the route with the performers. And still its not enough. So its pretty damn clear that at least here its not law enforcement and organizers of the event being biased against blacks, but those people forced to respond to black behavior and implementing more measures to try and keep things in order.

The same goes for this train story. Not impossible that staff overreacted to this group of people, but again given the history of how many black people behave in groups, lets see them provide proof that they were indeed unfairly treated before playing the race card.

Can you please post some of these videos so we can see just how rowdy these drunk white people are on this train? I'm genuinely curious to see as I'm sure other people are too.
Oh please. I was at Caribana in the 90s and it looked just like the last picture you have there. And it's mainly just a bunch of people having fun, dancing and listening to music. Very minimal destruction, and easily avoidable if one doesn't want to get caught up in it. Caribana is THE LARGEST CARIBBEAN STREET FEST IN THE WORLD. What do you expect?

I can pull up pictures of unruly parties too:

EDC in LA

Block Party for movie premiere

New Hampshire Pumpkin Festival:

Notice a trend? It has nothing to do with race, but rather just with large crowds of drunk and/or high people partying.
But yeah, keep saying only blacks do this.

Old 08-25-2015, 06:24 AM

19,126 posts, read 25,327,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
People who use made-up words--like "conversating"--irritate me far more.

But...that person claims to be from "Gods country" (no apostrophe).
Don't people who are too poor to be able to afford an apostrophe deserve special consideration?

Old 08-25-2015, 06:30 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,973,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TristramShandy View Post
Perhaps. Or the one lady who bitched should suck it up.
Right. Because even though she paid for the trip, she should have a less enjoyable time because of these women.

Old 08-25-2015, 06:31 AM

1,135 posts, read 1,312,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
Oh please. I was at Caribana in the 90s and it looked just like the last picture you have there. And it's mainly just a bunch of people having fun, dancing and listening to music. Very minimal destruction, and easily avoidable if one doesn't want to get caught up in it. Caribana is THE LARGEST CARIBBEAN STREET FEST IN THE WORLD. What do you expect?

EDC in LA

Block Party for movie premiere

New Hampshire Pumpkin Festival:

Notice a trend? It has nothing to do with race, but rather just with large crowds of drunk and/or high people partying.
They'll keep saying it because that's the stereotype that has been taught for decades upon decades.

Old 08-25-2015, 06:36 AM

1,295 posts, read 1,037,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
Sure..

But the thing is though if this had been a group of white people kicked off the train not one single person anywhere would give a shiit. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

But because it was a group of black women who were quick to whip out the "Dreaded R" accusations, we now have 20 page discussions about it. Yes, everybody - no matter the color of their paint job, is capable of obnoxious behavior. But nobody is above being called out for it though either.

Old 08-25-2015, 06:40 AM

1,615 posts, read 1,641,337 times
Well, the wine train lady's spokesperson is on the news tearing up reliving the ordeal they went through. Am sure they will do the talk show routine trying to relay how it was like being back in the days when grandma and great grandma were persecuted against. Claims are they hadn't even left yet nor had anything to drink but were just having fun and laughing. If that's the case whoever asked them to get off saw the handwriting on the wall once they started to imbibe. What's next their own reality show?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies